Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Draym

Crystal Swords

Hello everyone!

I've come up with a simple yet full of possibilities idea: call it a "crystal sword". How about a weapon that will be strong, REALLY strong, but... that will only be able to deal 1 single critical blow? I mean by that: you equip the sword, hit with it once to deal big damage (70+?) and then the sword breaks, ALWAYS after the very first hit.

To avoid such a destructive and dangerous tool being available to anyone, it could require some standard stuff to be made (diamonds, quartz...) and then something like EFE, binding stones, serpent stones... to make it a bit more limited, ahmen from a high manu level to be forged. When the sword breaks, it won't be repairable, it will just crash and be lost forever.

Feedback?

The idea goes down from that point, but Ent proposed it for disposable armor only. So now I had the same idea concerning weapons, these will open a new view about pvp fights, even more if some armor/shield is designed to counter-act the effects.

EDIT: @ Thordin: yes we have, but the swords-> 1. will be more powerful; 2. will leave you unarmed for a moment when you use them; 3. won't be affected by cooldown, but will be more expensive to get.

Imagine the combinated effect of a RoP and the sword. There are already too many bullies with high health pool out there, and CoLs as well.

Edited by Draym

Yeah nah, just bring 5 swords with you and equip them each right after one breaks, too powerfull...

That's why I suggested an expensive formula, that will require many rare stones/enriched items/whatever... to avoid it being abused.

So, if you do what you say about bringing many swords and using them after each other, it will suppose a big loss of money.

Its like an equipable ring of power without cooldown? I got it right?

Too powerful if i understood it right.

It's something like that, but that will break after the first hit.

To make a bit less powerful, maybe we could make it break even if the hit is not successful? (the attacked one blocks or dodges the attack and the sword breaks anyway) so it will be more a gamble to equip the sword.

Either this sword would be abusable or way too expensive to use it anyway IMHO.

Cooldown on that would help, but we already has one item: RoP.

But to add a cost will make it more expensive, not less powerful.

There are cooldown on ring of power (which is already expensive) for one reason, to make an item which avoids the cooldown is non-sense (imho).

But in another hand a disposable weapon (which has good but not great stats and break very often) is more interesting.

Well the purpose of this weapon was not cooldown avoiding, but something more powerful than a RoP with a chance to fail... but yes, maybe a disposable weapon will be more balanced than this.