Eternal Lands Official Forums
dragoncool

Problem in install Ubuntu AMD64 (64 Bits)

Hi guys!

I have a problem when I try run the ./el.x86_64.linux.bin command. The first screen appear, but in the middle of the loading, the screen close and appear this message on shell:

./el.x86_64.linux.bin: symbol lookup error: ./el.x86_64.linux.bin: undefined symbol: alutInit

Ok, I know the problem is probably because of missed library,

But, which library?

I already have almost of the OPENAL libray (This inclued the alutinit function).

OBS: I'm using a 64 bits O.S.

Thanks for your help!

best,

João

I get the same error with the static binary too. I haven't actually been able to get it running in Dapper.

Have you tried CVS? (You'll need to use a CVS timestamp from about two weeks ago)

Edit: I assume you're using Dapper (Ubuntu 6.06 LTS)?

Not amd64 related at all. Openal splitted into openal itself and freealut since version 0.8. So, if you updated openal recently you will need to recompile the client yourself and add -lalut to the linker.

That, or downgrade openal to any 2005.... release.

EDIT: Of course, if you decide to recompile linking against any openal version greater than .8 you will need to install freealut separatelly.

Edited by m_bee

Thank you very much in help me!

But, This is the third game that I try install and neither works!

I'm very sad because this!

I know that it's not your fault, of course, but this is a big problem in linux in general!

But, I will try one more time:

How I can get the source code in the CVS site? I not understand that site! I installed the cvs, but the command need a password and I don't know the password.

And where I need change the line about alut?

Could you help me one little more? :lipssealed:

thanks,

João

Sure, you need to fetch the sources using the instructions in berliOS, for the password, you just need to press enter (or "anonymous" i dont remember right now).

Once cvs ends, you will have a dir with the client sources. You need to edit the Makefile.linux file, change the arch to k8, amd64 or athlon64 (the three are the same thing), and then edit the LD line to match this one (just added -lalut at the end).

LDFLAGS=$(shell sdl-config --libs) $(shell xml2-config --libs) -lSDL_net -lopenal $(XDIR) -lGL -lGLU -lvorbis -lvorbisfile -lcal3d -lm -lpng -lalut

Of course, you first need to locate the correct package for freealut and install it, including the dev package if there is a separate one for that stuff. Otherwise, the linker will fail with a lib not found error.

Thanks for help,

But I give up!

now there are another errors about libraries when I run make.

I prefer wait until creating a version more easy to install.

Thanks a lot for help me!

João

Not likely, since the libraries are things that are very different on each distro.

The only solution would be to include in the package the libs, and provide those for all the archs, wich I think Entropy might not be willing to do.

You need openal, freealut, the xlibs, libxml2 and cal3d 0.10.0 (no other version will work ok). You also need, of course, sdl and sdl-net. I think i did not forget anything, but it is possible ;)

Hi!

Ok, I not give up yet!

:D

I downloaded the source, and discover that I not have the configure file.

So, I change the Makefile.linux to Makefile and execute the make. After I search for all the dependences, it compiles!!! yes!!

But, I really don't know what I need do now to run the code! :(

Ok, my question is: What is the commands that I need execute AFTER I download the source?

Thanks for your help!

:)

best Regards,

João

Hi!

Ok, I not give up yet!

:D

I downloaded the source, and discover that I not have the configure file.

So, I change the Makefile.linux to Makefile and execute the make. After I search for all the dependences, it compiles!!! yes!!

But, I really don't know what I need do now to run the code! :(

Ok, my question is: What is the commands that I need execute AFTER I download the source?

Thanks for your help!

:)

best Regards,

João

You have run make right? So it is compiled. Just enter './el.x86_64.linux.bin' (without quotes) and make sure your data_dir is set correctly in EL.ini!

Secondly, like I said previously, the latest CVS will NOT work with the current server (until the update), so you will need to get a shot of CVS from about two weeks ago.

Also, did you compile with -DX86_64 in the Makefile?

Ok,

I execute the ./el.x86.linux.bin and have more 3 questions:

- How I can get the source from 2 weeks ago by CVS?

- Where I need put -DX86_64?

- In this version that I compiled(withou -Dx86_64 and the latest source) the screen appears, but when I click in new user, my computer show frozen in a black screen and is necessary reboot it! If I run thesse comands about X86_64 and the source of 2 weeks ago, this will go run normal?

Thanks!

Assuming you are in the directory you have checked the source out too, type the following command:

cvs up -D "Jun  10 09:00 2006"

Once that is done, do a make and after that you should be ok to run the client.

You could also just wait a day or two for the client update and use the data package and the CVS client...

[EDIT]

Also, some clarification on where the -DX86_64 should go in the Makefile.

At the top you'll see

# tune these for your setup & compile options
OPTIONS=-DLINUX -DELC -DPNG_SCREENSHOT -DUSE_FRAMEBUFFER -DNEW_FRUSTUM -DBUG_FIX_3D_OBJECTS_MIN_MAX -DNEW_TEX -DOPTIONS_I18N -DATI_9200_FIX -DNEW_ACTOR_ANIMATION -DAUTO_UPDATE -DCOUNTERS -DFONTS_FIX

Change this to read:

# tune these for your setup & compile options
OPTIONS=-DLINUX -DELC -DPNG_SCREENSHOT -DUSE_FRAMEBUFFER -DNEW_FRUSTUM -DBUG_FIX_3D_OBJECTS_MIN_MAX -DNEW_TEX -DOPTIONS_I18N -DATI_9200_FIX -DNEW_ACTOR_ANIMATION -DAUTO_UPDATE -DCOUNTERS -DFONTS_FIX -DX86_64

Hi again!

Sorry, but now I have a new error.

When he try load the modules, the screen close and in shell appear:

Segmentation fault

Only this.

Do you have any ideia about this issue?

I execute the files from two weeks ago and put the -lalut and -X8_64 and change to k8 in Makefile.

After do this, I change the name of Makefile.linux to Makefile and run the make after make I try run the ./el.x86.linux.bin (there are no el.x86_64.linux,.bin in the directory).

This procedure to compile and run is correct?

Thanks!

João

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.