Eternal Lands Official Forums
Thordin

Artificial nexus dilemma

I did some search, I found nothing, so I would like to ask a question:

Did some of you asked why all axes have arfticial nexus +2 higher than human nexus?

Why is that so? I mean, why have weaponsmiths need to spend 2 more pickpoints than fighter?

This seems unfair to me, I'll explain it on an example:

Serpent sword and titanium axe are quite comparable (I have talked to fighters about it, they say that serpent is even better, yet cheaper, but I do not wish to discuss ingredients at all).

So why titanium axe requires arftificial nexus 7 and serpent sword 5, while both of them require human 5?

If this has some reason, I would really like to know it, because this question is bothering me for many weeks.

As a random and uninformed piece of guesswork, it might have been to lessen the sheer volume that could have been created? Fewer people may be willing to spend those extra pp's to make a titanium axe and therefore there would be less of a market flood of them?

That might have been the reasons behind the decision to make the nex requirements 7 instead of 5. Possibly.

Anyone can pick up an axe and wield it... but not everyone can wield it well (hence the nexus requirement). Furthermore, not everyone is an experienced fighter (hence the attack / defense requirements to survive against various enemies).

But building a quality weapon is not something anyone can do.

Just a guess, but there is a certain logic to it.

It might also be an effort to help higher level manufacturers who have put in the levels and the nexus to be able to make the harder weapons have something to sell that the average player does not have.

Okay, I get it, but these two weapons compared are almost similar in strength (serpent is considered even stronger), so why has "less powerful" weapon higher nexus to make, while wield nexus is the same, that was the very question, I am sorry, if this wasn't clear on first reading.

That is the uh... well... umm.....

I think that's a matter of Entropy didn't think to revise the formulas.

Thinking about it though, doesn't the tit axe need an enriched essence (water)? So perhaps the use of enriched essences require a higher nexus to be able to use them.

I don't know how that would translate to the steel axe though that I believe requires Artifical 6 but no enriched essences.

I hate to say this, but I believe some things are in the game just because. There is no rhyme or reason. Some things are because they were orginally that way and Entropy doesn't want to change them. Others probably got forgotten in all the minute details that come with adding things to the game and then trying to re-balance everything to match.

Sorry, I don't have a good answer for you... and I don't think there is one to be found.

That is the uh... well... umm.....

I think that's a matter of Entropy didn't think to revise the formulas.

Thinking about it though, doesn't the tit axe need an enriched essence (water)? So perhaps the use of enriched essences require a higher nexus to be able to use them.

I don't know how that would translate to the steel axe though that I believe requires Artifical 6 but no enriched essences.

I hate to say this, but I believe some things are in the game just because. There is no rhyme or reason. Some things are because they were orginally that way and Entropy doesn't want to change them. Others probably got forgotten in all the minute details that come with adding things to the game and then trying to re-balance everything to match.

Sorry, I don't have a good answer for you... and I don't think there is one to be found.

Maybe if Entropy sees this, he will be so kind to give me satisfying answer, but thank you anyway for the effort.

Tit axe is to expensive :)

then spend the time/gc/pp's to make one yourself..problem solved liq.

Thermal is way too expensive, should it have artificial 20 for it?

That is not the point gentlemen, and Entropy already anwered me, so this topic can be closed down.