Sign in to follow this  
Leeloo

Newbies in underworld

Should newbies go to underworld?  

1. 1. Should newbies go to underworld?

• No, leave them on Isla Prima
    • Yes, in a newbie-friendly spot
    • Yes, in a faw away corner

The idea of newbies dying without going to the underworld seems wrong. Sometimes they will die trying to kill the same rabbit 8 times in a row, and nothing happens, except for a red line on their screen. When they do that in 10 seconds, it becomes kind of like spam. And they get the impression that dying doesn't do anything, which of course means they get one hell of a surprise, when they die the 52nd time, and find out that they are in the underworld.

Instead I suggest putting a special spawn point near the exit of the underworld, which newbies will go to the first time or two. Perhaps combine this with a message to click above the orange light to help them get the idea. The next time they die, they can end up any random place, and they know what to look for, when trying to get out of there.

yes i like the idea of newbies in the underworld. They should start out closer to the exit (maybe on the othe side of the bridge) I know when i first went to the under world it took me a long time to get out.

Yes they need to go to the underworld in the same random places we all go.

Only thing is maybe anyone under level 10 will get and arrow to show them the way to the gate back the the Eternal Lands. And they get a message like "you have died and are now in the underworld. Follow the arrow to return to Isla Prima. In the future this arrow will not help you, so try to remember the way on your own."

Or something like that lol.

I liked as a newbie arriving in a safe place with all my items and IP was just the place and when I lvl up and died and went to the underworld, I had a good idea of why it happened and what to do. Now placing Newbies (and I really mean those who have just started or have only played a couple of days) through the underworld experience without a few lvl's of seasoning might just turn them off of the game.

Yes this is a good idea, when i first started out, it took me about an hour to get out...(i didnt know how to talk in channel)

have them spawn right after the bridge