Eternal Lands Official Forums
Lorck

Honorable pking

Ok, i was reading an outlaw thread and i saw a mod (Ghrae) comenting this:

Being PK'd (illegal or otherwise) is typically considered an outlaw action.

Of course i will start to attack his guild (no, i never did it before, ask Kinalor) for this, but its not my point.

My main point is: i barely cant believe in what i read. So if attack a bagjumper is an outlaw action.

And finally, why to have pk maps? If you use them people say you are an outlaw and blame you for using a game feature.

Maybe it is because it helps people train at each other and maybe it was the first idea that came up like i think they werent made so people will kill each..it was for training with players since normal maps doesnt provide you that.

Edited by Chimeran Wolf

Maybe it is because it helps people train at each other and maybe it was the first idea that came up like i think they werent made so people will kill each..it was for training with players since normal maps doesnt provide you that.

;)

Yeah, thats why they made summonable chimeran wolves which attack people in pk maps, for people to train on them. :D

Edited by Lorck

No, I'd say it was the other way around probably, or they wouldn't be called PK (Player Killing maps, but pvp maps! Training in a PK map is using the maps for another purpose than what they were made for, to get 'easier' experience.

And I'm not a PKer but in some cases I will PK (or try to at least ;)). If I have a reason. I definitely don't see myself as an outlaw then.

Of course i will start to attack his guild (no, i never did it before, ask Kinalor) for this, but its not my point.

My main point is: i barely cant believe in what i read. So if attack a bagjumper is an outlaw action.

And finally, why to have pk maps? If you use them people say you are an outlaw and blame you for using a game feature.

Just when I was thinking that Lorck had a lick of sense. Oh well. Ok, now Lorck has declared war on CEL. There's an intelligent move. And why? Because a mod said that a thread was appropriate to the forum. Yeah, this is going well.

Ok, Lorck. You're at war with CEL. Thank you for the pre-warning. I will let the guildies of CEL know that Lorck now believes that when Mods say anything it will lead to war.

Nope mate, you said i was an outlaw because i attack people in pk maps, and all people who frequent pk maps are also outlaws by nature. Its completly unfair.

EDIT: Or it was just the way i understood it. If i understood it wrong plz let me know. I dont really like to attack people and everytime i do i have a reason, and i made an effort for people to understand why they got attacked. Of course, people on my guild dont share the same stance.

And no, attack enemies in pk maps are not an outlaw action. If it is, there should be not pk maps, in my humble opinion.

Edited by Lorck

Please study the English language.

Typically does not mean Always.

And again, the thread started was a valid example of the Outlaw Forum. I'm not going to say it isn't just because you threaten war against my guild. And if you have a problem with a mod, then threaten war on me, not my guild. I don't remember consulting them before making that call.

Ok, war on you, see you in a pk map.

And yes, people on riva should let at least let we know they wanted peace before they get attacked and then post on outlaw. But that topic is locked, and i dont want further discussion about it.

And no, generally pk is not an outlaw action. Simply as that. Even people in enemy guilds agreed that was not a topic for outlaw.

EDIT: PK maps are to be used, and its good for the economy too. For instance, ring of power are used only for pkers (yeah, point me anyone who would spend 8k to give 50 of damage on a monster), and you flame the pkers. With less pkers, less people buying, and economy == dead.

Of course, they are all outlaws.

Edited by Lorck

To answer your main point....some might consider it typically. ;)

;)

Nope mate, you said i was an outlaw because i attack people in pk maps, and all people who frequent pk maps are also outlaws by nature. Its completly unfair.

I agree. You on a pk map to pk. All know that it is a pk map. If you enter in agreement of training, then you have common courtesy rules between you and the other. I think all should show respect to eachother and be polite. That means leave them alone. Don't kill them just cuz you can. Bag jumping on any map is just rude. Saving someones bag makes you a hero in that persons eyes. So I not see outlaws here. I do see some players that are rude and plain mean. But thats the game.

;)

I agree. You on a pk map to pk. All know that it is a pk map. If you enter in agreement of training, then you have common courtesy rules between you and the other. I think all should show respect to eachother and be polite. That means leave them alone. Don't kill them just cuz you can. Bag jumping on any map is just rude. Saving someones bag makes you a hero in that persons eyes. So I not see outlaws here. I do see some players that are rude and plain mean. But thats the game.

Thank you. I think that so much is made about pk....or rather those who pk for a living

and if you add up the time they spend here...it is for them a full time job.

I would like to know the percentage of players who do not pk.....do you find crafters

hurling abuse at other crafters..... Magicians buggering up other players spells???

Having built your att and def to a certain level...all you can do really is hunt someone weaker

hit people training...s'pect thats a real hoot!!. If you have a guild war....set a time and place

have a right royal dust up....the rest of us would love to watch. The whole point of a game is to have some fun....atleast for me it is.

ps and I like what Ray said.

Edited by vampireLOREN

;)

"Outlaws" is a Role Playing term to those that are rude. If you are killed then you have the right to claim the killer is an Outlaw. If you caused it (taunting the PKer, etc) it will likely come out that you initated it and thus you will look like the outlaw, not the PKer. But this IS the right forum for such things.

I agree with you vampire.

Its just sad when people attack *only* people weaker.

But there are honorable pking, sometives even if you attack someone weak. Thats my point: why some people say "pk normally is dishonorable", when they dont even know much about it. I just cant understand it.

EDIT: If you entered a pk map, you should expect to get attacked.

If someone dont attack, its because he is nice to you. If someone do attack s/he is not being rude, if you was in a pk map you wanted to fight.

Edited by Lorck

EDIT: PK maps are to be used, and its good for the economy too. For instance, ring of power are used only for pkers (yeah, point me anyone who would spend 8k to give 50 of damage on a monster), and you flame the pkers. With less pkers, less people buying, and economy == dead.

That may be true. And I may not sell RoPs. But I'm not going to stop modding because I might lose sales of RoPs.

PKers know they kill players. Some do it without cause just because they can. And they don't use RoPs to kill people way below their levels. If they can't live with the occassional Outlaw post about them, I suggest they don't PK.

Its not about "not leaving with an outlaw topic". Its about the topic being completly misplaced. Its not an outlaw action use a known game feature, made on purpose to do exactly do it.

Ok, i am just popping up to leave a comment left by ghrae: you said that pk maps were possibly made in order for training and not to kill eachother. This is proven false. If you look on the games website you will see this :

Things to do:

Fighting: You can fight monsters and other players, hunt animals, or join with a group of friends and take them on together!

That sounds like PK maps were made to kill other players but then the idea of pvp came up in my opinion... hence the name PK (Player KILLING) map. Thank god it warns you before you go in or newbies would have to learn the hard way.

Roleplay!

It's not against the game to kill someone... but this forum WAS to be able to post those that do it in a mean or spiteful way as outlaws.

I'm sorry that you can't differentiate between the BUGS forum (different section, keep scrolling) and a roleplay forum.

Its not about "not leaving with an outlaw topic". Its about the topic being completly misplaced. Its not an outlaw action use a known game feature, made on purpose to do exactly do it.

There is abuse, like spamming, scamming newbies etc., and there is using game features like bagjumping and PKing. The idea is for some people to bag jump or PK (otherwise why would any items be lost when players die?). However, people dont like being bagjumped or PKed, and one way to protect themselves is to post on outlaws. This is part of what makes the game fun. If you want to play a PKing or bagjumping character, you should enjoy being posted on outlaws! Outlaw is not the same as abuse.

There is abuse, like spamming, scamming newbies etc., and there is using game features like bagjumping and PKing. The idea is for some people to bag jump or PK (otherwise why would any items be lost when players die?). However, people dont like being bagjumped or PKed, and one way to protect themselves is to post on outlaws. This is part of what makes the game fun. If you want to play a PKing or bagjumping character, you should enjoy being posted on outlaws! Outlaw is not the same as abuse.

Thank you! You put it much better than I.

That may be true. And I may not sell RoPs. But I'm not going to stop modding because I might lose sales of RoPs.

PKers know they kill players. Some do it without cause just because they can. And they don't use RoPs to kill people way below their levels. If they can't live with the occassional Outlaw post about them, I suggest they don't PK.

But, there is also a mindset here....I wonder how many people here remember Brisingammen and Shenriss?

for those who don't let me try to explain...they are a rl couple who played....formed their own guild with rl friends. They played with honour. I don't think they pk'd, everything went good until suddenley they flew up the ratings, then they didnt get any peace. They pvp together....and were continually attacked.

Their names are still high up the ratings.....(unless they have made new char's) they have sadly gone.

This type of game.....where you can do "harm" to your opponent will always bring out the worst in a few

and that can spoil for the many. You hear the term Pro used.....and several use it to describe themselves, well......there has been only one pro player during my time...one player who altered the game for us all....altered it for those who might never know of him....that is Mr Mind. He had a clear vision....to f*@%$ the economy and he did it.

There are some ways to protect themselves: not entering pk maps (you dont need to be there anyways), being strong (how many people bother mufossa and dezm when they are training?) and talk with people who use pk maps (it may be roleplaying too).

Of course some people dont want to talk with "the evil guys".

As mufossa said in another thread "its like some people see a shark in a water. They go swim, get attacked and then call the shark outlaw".

Yet again, if you entered a pk map you should expect to get attacked. If people dont, they are being nice to you. If they do, you entered the map willing to fight, dont cry because someone wanted to fight too.

I still cant believe someone think its being rude to attack another player in this game. If all the maps were pk i would agree. But there are some maps just for it, people enter (and few people enter those maps) waiting to fight. When they get a fight someone is outlaw. Its just crazy.

Yet again, if you entered a pk map you should expect to get attacked. If people dont, they are being nice to you. If they do, you entered the map willing to fight, dont cry because someone wanted to fight too.

And likewise, if they post you in the Outlaws section you should expect it. Your logic, not mine.

And likewise, if they post you in the Outlaws section you should expect it. Your logic, not mine.

Not when is not an outlaw act. This is my point.

Not when is not an outlaw act. This is my point.

Trouble is.....Lorck there are only pk maps to train...and what is the fastest way to say...

increase def??? I would say it is pvp. Most ....no actually all the top players That i have seen

give these players a break. Some even stop sit and talk, some offer guidence advise etc.

We all accept the risk.....and if you can't well.....yes do not enter.

But, we will always have those who hunt out .....and get their rocks off by messing up others training. While this happens there will always be outlaw postings and the whole genre of "fighting" players will be tarred with same brush.

Edited by vampireLOREN