Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Leeloo

Context-sensitive mouse

When you click on a person, the action is "look", unless you have the "attack" icon selected. But if you click on an animal or a monster, the default action is attack.

I think the default action should always be look, no matter who or what you click on (except NPC's, where "talk" is fine), and only when you have the attack icon selected, should the action be to attack somebody.

Otherwise, it is easy to accidentally click on a monster that just walked out from behind a tree.

Also, when a spell like poison or remote heal is active, the default action should be to cast the spell. As it is now, to remote heal somebody, you need to select the finger and then right-click on the person (even with the finger active, the left-click action is "look").

Yes very helpful idea like in Isla Prima and I'm going to the Dock from the campfire I seem to accidentaly click on a house and swirve towards it and I just nearly saved my self from attacking a bear which I can't kill but I don't like the look as default icon as look cuz when ur walking and go past someone you look at them and it slows you down

hmm, i find it funny that when on inside you have to click door to exit but when outside you can click the entire building. i guess it have something to do with the fact that the outside door are part of the building skin...

Originally, you could also click on the entire house from the inside.

Problem: people forgot selecting the walk icon before clicking on the floor (which is a part of the house), and were instantly back outside.