Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Promose

Insides of houses

Well, I just make maps for the fun of it, i know, im weird :) but how do i create the inside of the house where when you click on the door ingame, you get transported to the inside of the house? thank you very much.

P.S. another good thing about making tons of maps right now is when they start working on C3, i will be ready to join the map making team :) tho i doubt ill make it... :dry:

you design the inside somewhere else (off to the side of that map, or another map if you have a heap of insides, both are done), then use the .def to teleport when you use-click said doors (or any other item)

.def? :rolleyes:
yup. but that comes later. for now, if you wanna be doing much mapmaking, I'd suggest mastering the map editor first (but then, I haven't made maps either myself, so I may not give the best advice)

To connect the various parts of a map you use a map definition file, aka a def-file. These files have to be added to the server and then the map can be tested/used.

There is currently no way to test your map on your own to see what it will look like when you, say, enter a house.

alright :) i am very good at the map editer just not making the maps look good :P (i know where to get any item i can think of i just dont know where i should put them :) )