Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chaoticsmurf

New kind of bot

Would it be possible to create a bot that monitors pking? If you haven't seen I'm creating a pk ranking system and that would make things a lot easier. Either I could create it or if someone else wanted to and I'de pay for it either way, that way updating the site for rankings would be automatic.

Anyhow if this can't be done, or is against the rules in any way just let me know and I'll think of something else. :)

Defenately NO. you cannot have bots on pk maps or at the entrances to pk maps.

There where some bots that sat neer entrances to pk maps but they where used to cheat and fits under

5. Bots that serve their master in a way such as muling are illegal (see the rules for multiplaying).

and ingame rule 5

5. Do not cheat.

Cheating in the game means AFK fighting(AFK=Away From Keyboard), AFK leveling in any skill, AFK harvesting, illegal bots, creating illegal clients, macroing, automating, exploiting bugs, muling, or any other form of illegal multi-playing*.

To use a bot, it must be registered and approved; it must adhere to the rules of the client's lisence and all your code must be open source. If you find a bug in the game, you must tell the owners of Eternal Lands immediately.

*Illegal multi-playing includes but is not limited to: muling, deathbag sitting, pvp training, luring people to pk maps with a newbie chararacter while lying in wait with another. Also note that it is very difficult to be able to define each and every form of illegal multi-playing or cheating, so these matters will be reveiwed and punishments decided upon on a case by case basis.