Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thordin

WS map bug

i dont think this is really a BUG, obvoiusly its not suppost to be there, but as long as you cant go any further into the mountain, its no big deal. there are places in IP where the ground is slightly higher, and your feet dissapear into the ground a little bit, but this is really a negligible thing.

in my limated capacity as a programmer:

i think it may be caused because the height to the mesh, at the point where you are standing in it, is not yet high enough to warrent a 'collision' effect between the player and rock, and it is not setup to 'lift' the player up a little as steps would.

or prehaps the 'collision' point dosen't start untill further in the mountain then where u are standing.

anyway, this is all i can think of. I program in BASIC though, so im not sure if i got the logic right, im not to farmilliar with C++, I apologise if im wrong.

1st

EL uses a heightmap, not collision detection, and is in C, not C++

considering the slope there, it looks like you shouldn't be able to stand on it (from what I can tell) as opposed to some other places where you can stand on pretty flat rock. hence probably a real mapbug

wow, EL uses heightmap? i would never have guessed that. just the way it lookes seemed like the mountains and such were seperate meshes.

well, in that case, i have no idea :P (although its good to know now that EL uses heightmaps)

thanks for the info ttlanhil :)

i guess it must be a bug, but if it is then i would look into the spot on IP right next to the campfire, the ground is raised a little and i have noticed that the ground there is actually up to my characters ankles.

i would post a screenie, but ive got to get around to finding a place to host it.

1st

Edit: sorry about the confusion with C/C++, i missread the EL info page (but i still know just as little about C as i do C++) all i know is the basic logic behind the languiges work the same.

Edited by 1st Warrior