Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Happy_G

summoning

ok i just wanted to get ppls opinions on this, i asked the same thing on chnl one and it was about a 50/50 split

im a lvl 11 summoner curently so i summon snakes, deer, coons, and skunks. i was summoning snakes and had about 10 around me and someone came up and killed 2 of them and had about half his health left. i said "plz do not kill my pets" and he reponded with a :P. then proceded to attack another green snake and was killed by it leaving behind 12gc and a pair of leather gloves plus some flowers.

i wanted to know if it was considered outlawish to keep the bag of someone who died attacking your summons after u asked them to stop.

(in this case i ruturned the DB for the reason of: i was summoning the snakes on IP, was not aware of the no summoning things that dont exist on IP rule) and i apologize right now for the snakes i summoned there. it wont happen again.

so i just want to know what a majority of ppl think on this.

Edit* i removed my own oppinion, it doesnt matter what i think about it, i want to know what u think

Edit 2* im not asking about this situation, i know i was in the wrong on this one, i did give the bag back and killed the 2 that were left when i was told i broke a rule. im asking for if this had happened in say selains temple

Edited by Happy_G

ok i just wanted to get ppls opinions on this, i asked the same thing on chnl one and it was about a 50/50 split

i dont think its a big deal at all, other than the rule breaking of summoning, aside from that, u told him to stop, it was only 12gc even if ya kept it.... no biggie.

You scored a kill, if you did not killed someone in pk before gratz. :D Yeah, when your summoneds kill something, its not dishonorable to take the loot unless someone was "free fighting" your summoneds.

To attack the summoneds is ok, when i trained summoning i asked to some people in friendly guilds to train on them. :)

But what is really annoying is when your summoneds kill stuff and therefore make bags and other people jump on that bag. I mean, summoning takes a lot of time, effort and gc, and when you get a reward (even a little one) some joker take it. :P Squiz i am look to you, n44b, i remember you following me when i summoned at spawns to take the loot.

Morally, if he ignored you and killed the snakes anyway, the bag is yours to keep. Legally, since you broke a rule, the bag should be returned to iy's owner. If you hadn't broken a rule, he would not have died and would still have his possessions.

To attack the summoneds is ok, when i trained summoning i asked to some people in friendly guilds to train on them. :P

yeah ive done that b4 except somone gave me the ing to summon the deers they wanted to train on, and some SR pots

You scored a kill, if you did not killed someone in pk before gratz. :D Yeah, when your summoneds kill something, its not dishonorable to take the loot unless someone was "free fighting" your summoneds.

To attack the summoneds is ok, when i trained summoning i asked to some people in friendly guilds to train on them. :)

But what is really annoying is when your summoneds kill stuff and therefore make bags and other people jump on that bag. I mean, summoning takes a lot of time, effort and gc, and when you get a reward (even a little one) some joker take it. :P Squiz i am look to you, n44b, i remember you following me when i summoned at spawns to take the loot.

lorck i love you more everyday :)

and its just common curtiousy(spell check :>) to ask someone before killing the summons, personally i dont care if you kill them just ask ill always say yes...unless im taking a ss and want them all there. just re read what lorck said he has a way with words :)

Edited by chaoogie

Morally, if he ignored you and killed the snakes anyway, the bag is yours to keep. Legally, since you broke a rule, the bag should be returned to iy's owner. If you hadn't broken a rule, he would not have died and would still have his possessions.

edit 2* i returned the bag, since i was in the wrong in that situation

To attack the summoneds is ok, when i trained summoning i asked to some people in friendly guilds to train on them. :D

yeah ive done that b4 except somone gave me the ing to summon the deers they wanted to train on, and some SR pots

Of course its not ok when you ask to someone to not attack your summoneds and s/he attack regardless. :P

yea i had a few problems with quiet a few people high levelish a/d that just killed my summons without asking and was very much tempted to just kill them next time i happened to see them in kf with chims/flufs..wasnt once or twice was several occasions -.-

If you just follow the game rules (pretending you wasnt on IP) taking a bag when someone dies is totally legal, even if it was a monster they die to which was nothing to do with you. So its legeal, but talking about if its frown apone by other players is abit harder to decide.

Normally if someone dies its concider outlaw to keep there bag, but then again it was your summoners and what ever they kill is yours. but again it was on a non pk map, but then it was his choose to attack them, and you did tell him to stop.

Its a tricky one, i dont think it can be said for sure, but personaly i would say it was ok, i dont tihnk many people would look down on you for it

I think that dying to a summon on non-PK map is like dying to an animal/monster. Ergo, you should only guard the owner's bag, not take it. I know it's hard to obey since someone might keep killing your pets when you don't want to, but still I think it's like death to an animal/monster, which means you should return the bag. So this is my opinion.

NOTE: I'd love to see how this debate wil result to make a personal note to summoning :brooding:

now that i have heard some of your opinions, ill give mine, personally i think if they attack your summons after u ask them to stop is just like attacking you. now this only applies if u r in a guild therefor puting a tag next to your summons, with no tag ppl could think it is wild. if u r not in a guild then i think only if the # of them around you makes it obvious u summoned them. and also u MUST ask them to stop first. after all that i find it perfectly acceptable to take the DB

now that i have heard some of your opinions, ill give mine, personally i think if they attack your summons after u ask them to stop is just like attacking you. now this only applies if u r in a guild therefor puting a tag next to your summons, with no tag ppl could think it is wild. if u r not in a guild then i think only if the # of them around you makes it obvious u summoned them. and also u MUST ask them to stop first. after all that i find it perfectly acceptable to take the DB

personaly im to lazy to pick bags up unless it contains full plate and ive pk'd someone i dislike :brooding:

Guest ohmygod

My 2 cents,

1. If I summon to train and some one dies i give bag back.

2. If I summon for drops (meat+bone +furs etc) and some one dies i will keep bag. (i normally tell people not to attack my summons when i do this)

Well since your asking for our opinions on this subject and if it were to happen on a different map then heres my 2 cents:

If a person attacks a summon or spawned monster/animal of anykind then its their problem, I mean, if they want to attack it then its their problem, not yours. It's like me going into GP running into a group of people who are pretending to have pet fluffys. They ask me not to attack their fluffys but I do anyways and die. Its not their fault that I couldnt take on the creature they had, its mine. Moral of the story: Don't fight creatures that you can't take on, especially when they belong to someone else. (for the time being)

If it happens ona different map, it is at your latitude whether or not to return the bag. If on IP, you kind of have to, because technically it is your fault the n00b died.

If it happens ona different map, it is at your latitude whether or not to return the bag. If on IP, you kind of have to, because technically it is your fault the n00b died.

I did return that bag, and thank you for posting on this ent. just so you know, i am aware of the summoning rules now and WILL NOT summon on IP again, unless its a rabit that everyone could kill.

Squiz i am look to you, n44b, i remember you following me when i summoned at spawns to take the loot.

Sorry if I did this, I can't remember the incident, nor find it in my chat logs. If I did, I apologise.

I remember summoning deer on IP a long time ago, but it was at the deer spawn, and only did it cause the noobs asked me too.

If someone dies to my summons, I keep the bag, especially if I've asked them not to touch them. Normally tho anymore, I only summon in PK (chims) so hose bags are mine anyway, cause alls fair in pk :)

wow something is definatley wrong. People have to come on the forums and ask if taking a bag of 12 gc is bag jumping. What are you people so affraid of. Even if you didn't tell him to stop killing your "pets" it wouldn't have mattered because 12 gc is nothing.

wow something is definatley wrong. People have to come on the forums and ask if taking a bag of 12 gc is bag jumping. What are you people so affraid of. Even if you didn't tell him to stop killing your "pets" it wouldn't have mattered because 12 gc is nothing.

Not the point, bagjump is still bagjump, even if one steal 1 branch against the will of the original owner.

12gc is a small amount, this post wasnt about this example tho, it was for futre reference mostly, so when i summon say a fox in DP and someone gets killed after i ask them not to kill it and they drop their armor. but eitherway, if u jump a bag worth 12 gc you r very likely to jump a bag worth 12kgc, its the principal of the thing.