Eternal Lands Official Forums
noblekid

argh, I need a programmer!

:cry:

So i've downloaded Redknight, i've been looking at the Makefile for about an hour and I don't understand a single thing in it :P , i'd just like to make a basic shop bot, that can buy and sell things from the player(s).

i'm not sure if theres already A topic on this and if there is, sorry. I'm not sure if i'm just over looking something, or if i should get an easier-to-understand program.

Thanks in advance.

Noblekid

:cry:

So i've downloaded Redknight, i've been looking at the Makefile for about an hour and I don't understand a single thing in it :P , i'd just like to make a basic shop bot, that can buy and sell things from the player(s).

i'm not sure if theres already A topic on this and if there is, sorry. I'm not sure if i'm just over looking something, or if i should get an easier-to-understand program.

Thanks in advance.

Noblekid

Issues like this or not having a stable connection is why I'm starting to offer a store/trade bot running service http://www.other-life.com/el/StoreBots/storebots.php

What exactly is your question?

. "Is there an easier codebase to understand how to make my own bot?"

. "Can someone make me a bot?"

My question is is there an easy-to-understand progam for making EL bots, or is there someone who can tell me how Redknight works.

It works by being unnecesssarily complicated; I'm currently refactoring it as much as possible in my free time. However, for now, you should probably avoid it (It's a marvel it actually works).

My question is is there an easy-to-understand progam for making EL bots, or is there someone who can tell me how Redknight works.

It works by being unnecesssarily complicated; I'm currently refactoring it as much as possible in my free time. However, for now, you should probably avoid it (It's a marvel it actually works).

lol u have a lot of faith in ur work :icon8:

This kind of wisdom is the sign of a true programmer. ;-D Much like a musician, a programmer takes a look at the first way they wrote a program and cringes, because they can see all the places they could have done better.

This kind of wisdom is the sign of a true programmer. ;-D Much like a musician, a programmer takes a look at the first way they wrote a program and cringes, because they can see all the places they could have done better.

I have to wholeheartedly agree, every time I released a new version of the TC client way back when (a year ago can you believe it!?) I used to change code that I had written, normally from 100 lines of code to 2 lines and a "d'oh" comment.