Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ayreus

New negative perk, permanent death

Ok, don't take this too seriously...

Permanent Death Perk

-requires a certain amount of gold... (to prevent most new players from trying it)

-provides 20 pick points

-25% chance of permanent death, in which case your character is toast.

-if you experience permanent death, all items in your inventory are dropped in your db

-and just for fun, all items in your storage... are dropped in several bags at the nearest storage from where you died

Results

--------

-Hellspawn will look a lot better

Hmmmmmmmmm well the storage drop bit is a little harsh :P But a nice one would be you losa ALL items just in your inv instead of 50% chance and like 7-10 pp's

Hmmmmmmmmm well the storage drop bit is a little harsh :cry: But a nice one would be you losa ALL items just in your inv instead of 50% chance and like 7-10 pp's

Bad idea since everyone carry a rostogol stone. Or rostogol stones shouldn't work with this perk, then it would be cool :P

Permanent Death Perk :cry:

I dont think anyone would take it. anyway what a pain that would be have to create a new charter all the time when it did happen.

-25% chance of permanent death, in which case your character is toast

When does this happen? When u change maps or when u die. Guessing here the same at hellspawn with a nasty twist? :P

-25% chance of permanent death, in which case your character is toast

When does this happen? When u change maps or when u die. Guessing here the same at hellspawn with a nasty twist? :P

Whenever you die, 25% chance that the death is permanent. I agree that this idea would never be too popular... and would create problems as people may whine about wanting their characters back to mods...

it just reminds me of diablo2, I used to love playing the hardcore option. (where death was permanent if you died) although, when I did die, it was usually because of lag.

Edited by Ayreus

<scratch that>

I originally mis-interpreted the suggestion; this is how I now read it:

• The chance of permanent death is applied each time you die in game (and not just on taking the perk!). This death is equivalent to '#kill me' '#kill me'.

In which we may as well delete all items remaining on the character and in their inventory when they are deleted, rather than messing around with additional drops:

• This is already implemented for the '#kill me' action, which makes things easier.
  • A cursed character would rely on guildmates for storage rather than use their own.
  • Use a bagman to carry extra possessions if they risked death.
  • A bit more discouragement for exploiting the curse with team work (though we like teamwork in general!).

Still this is a highly exploitable curse, as its a cheap way to make mules, who are low value (in terms of player investment), and need not go risky.

Consider this then:

Instead of begin triggered by dying, trigger by entering the underworld (which includes dying). It is then devastating to combine it with the other big pick-point source, Hellspawn.

This would reduce the possible impact to the game; you wouldn't want both curses unless you intend to sit on a single map for the rest of your life (or rely on the future Hellspawn counter spell). Hellspawn for fighters, Kiss of Death for others.

Edited by trollson

Imagine this:

You train your character for some months, reaching formidable A/D levels of, let's say, 70/80. Now you want to try your luck in PK. You enter for example Kilaran field and meet someone with a BoneOD, he bones you with one single hit and your character is lost forever? Would you like that?

Nah, but I doubt anyone will ever get to that levels. You dont need to go on pk to die.

I dont like perks either, so I think that my opinion does not count :P

k scratch all that.Why dont u make a perk thats simullar to what he just said except u dont die permanatley and u don't lose things from storage.U just have a 25% or 50% chance of losing all your stuff in your bag.Also you only lose it when it happens if u die.When u attack the monster not when a gargoyal or something like that attacks you and kills you instantly.That would suck.So what do u think about that.

I didn't like the idea above. Your idea doesn't make much more sense.

What about playing a bit more before posting in suggestion forums? Now you're jumping from thread to thread scoring posts.

<edit>

Not enough sleep and one word was missing:/

Edited by Gilean

sorry I am a little tired,but my point was why not just make a perk to whare you have a 25% chance of losing everything when you die.Also thats was kinda cruel i'm not trying to just score points.

Why try so hard to re-invent the wheel? Especially since you have no clue as to the direction of the game. I strongly suggest you read all the suggestion posts (may take you a few weeks) and then understand the reasonings behind each post. Then when all is said and done, you can post things that may actually sound logical. At the moment, all you are doing is getting your post count up and not helping a single thing, as everything you have suggested, has been suggested before.

You really need to get a better understanding of this game to understand what is or is not needed in the game. So again, please try using the search tool and stop posting these "great ideas" that have been suggested over and over again. If you want to be taken seriously in the suggestion forum, researching these ideas is necessary.