Eternal Lands Official Forums
Thordin

Empty vials problematics

As we all can see, there is constant growth of empty vials on the market. What to do with them? If you use potion, there is empty vial remaining, but more and more vials are coming from FP bought from Mira in huge amounts dialy. What to do with them?

I suggest a breaking rate on vials when drinking the potion, Let's say 10-25%? Only just to compensate the vial income from FPs. This will also ensure that vials will be more valuable and so will the potions in general. I do not wish maliciously break the vials for the fun, just trying to find a way out of this. When drinking the potion, people could have receive a message like: "When you used the potion, the vial slipped from your fingers and broke on the ground"

What do you think about it?

Potion mix fails take out some vials of the game. But I think on this moment the incoming vials >>>>>> outgoing vials. This idea might help a bit, but I think a vial should only break when you are standing so mixers can sit down and break no vials when using feasting pots, just to avoid the spammy messages.

Potion brewing fails cannot compensate the huge income of FP vials, because not only potioners, but all mixers use them, so I just though this may help.

As we all can see, there is constant growth of empty vials on the market. What to do with them? If you use potion, there is empty vial remaining, but more and more vials are coming from FP bought from Mira in huge amounts dialy. What to do with them?

What I do it to mix them along with the 67k bones that we all have in storage and make reasoning pots to mira, it is a good bussiness if you have bones to make powder.

But yes, another small vials sink would be nice.

This will also ensure that vials will be more valuable

Errrm, no, thanks. Vials are right now far more valuable than they should, if it was in my hands, I would make all vials worth 1gc or even less. They should be a marginal value, and not half of the potion value (or even more, in the cheapest pots). That is a nonsense.

Potions, though, and specially high level ones, need to raise prices a bit, so they are worthable. But that is another issue.

I have like 72,000 or so. Something needs to be done with them ;)

I have like 72,000 or so. Something needs to be done with them ;)

Get 630k of bones, make 210k of bone powder and make reasoning pots, you'd get approx 1Mgc :(

But still, you can see, that this needs to be solved, aye?

I suggest a breaking rate on vials when drinking the potion, Let's say 10-25%? Only just to compensate the vial income from FPs.

When drinking the potion, people could have receive a message like: "When you used the potion, the vial slipped from your fingers and broke on the ground"

Sounds good to me, makes sense too, vials just like bottles aren't made for infinite recycling (recycling bottles last only about 50 cycles too (at least afaik from brewery tours ;)).

Doesn't need to slip, could also break when you try to put the lid back on etc. :(

make its so

u can buy potions cheaper off mira if you use a vial too, only 1gc cheaper or so, but people will do it because otherwise they just got alot vials and do nothing with em ;)

u can buy potions cheaper off mira if you use a vial too, only 1gc cheaper or so, but people will do it because otherwise they just got alot vials and do nothing with em ;)

Not bad one too, these two ideas can be combined well.

When i was not anti i used to make reasoning pots and sell it to Mira. ;)

Maybe its a good idea to sell some other pots to her...

When i was not anti i used to make reasoning pots and sell it to Mira. ;)

Maybe its a good idea to sell some other pots to her...

Apart of reasoning potions, there are not many worth the effort of selling to Mira. Either they are too expensive to sell them to Mira (her low price) thus not worth making, or they are unstackable or even worse, unsellable to her. And I think we need some vial sink in general to control the income of vials from FP potions.

Bear, how do you bread a vial?

Many people often ask for the vial back, so saying it broke could be a way to scam, or making them think you scammed. But, I can't think of a better way to get rid of them.

@Bear: I think you misunderstand me Bear, the effect of the potion remains! It's just that you won't get any EMPTY VIAL for it, that is the idea of it. I AM NOT TRYING TO BREAK THE WHOLE POTION AT ALL! All you will suffer is that you will get approx only 75-90% empty vials back, not all of them.

@Sparhawk: I am afraid, I do not understand you. You sell potions and after the buyers use them, they will return the vial? Afterwards? I though, the price with vial means, that buyer must provide them in addition to gold coins. ;)

EDIT: typo

Edited by ThordinElement

Note: Break actually

I say again: this won't affect the content of the vial at all! The idea is that only empty vial after using the potion has a small chance to break apart!

Edited by Learner

Please read the posts above, what about the people with ten thousands with them? There HAS to be some sink here, new vials are coming in greater numbers than they are disappearing due to fails. This needs to be solved, otherwise, we'll get overwhelmed by empty vials all over the place...

After you will be playing this game longer, you will also get more and more empty vials and believe me, you won't be able to sell them, there is too great supply over the demand at the moment.

In fact, atm I have 31.486 empty vials...
I have like 72,000 or so. Something needs to be done with them :P

Simple. Give them to me.

Why sell at 1gc when you know you can get at least 3. from the players market?

Maybe we can have a special C2 NPC that has a glassworks and you can sell vials to him for 3gc each. Make it all questy and stuff too :sneaky: