Eternal Lands Official Forums

ok..this may sound a bit morbide..and i dont even know if its possible technicaly speaking but I was thinking..(dangerous ey, me thinking..lol...)

Would it be possible to buy our own grave on these here Lands?

Why..well..might be cool to have a place of your own to mesmorize your Life..your name on a gravestone..And..at te same time..if possible..perhaps you could spawn from your owngrave when you die..

There are a few graveyards in this World, so you could pick a place where you wish to spawn when you die..whereever yuor Stone may Rest..

Also..Those who departed us..permanently..could have a memorialplace .for those who wish to griev..or pray..or even bring offers..:icon13:

We could even have..memorial days for those who arent with us anymore..

Imagine....Wytters Day..or..Hurcules Day..i can make the list longer..but I wont..we all have our favo players that we miss...dont we..?

Just a thought..a morbide one..I know..but still..death and departure is a way of life as well..

edit: I was thinking again..(should I stop doing that? ^^)

Perhaps we could even buy family graves..or like some call it..guildgraves..now..wouldnt that be awsome..? All members from same guild/family spawn from their own graves..and lay there in Peace when they are leaving this World..*sighs* oh the thought......

*hugs*

Jez

Edited by Jezebelle

I like the way you think ! lol

Mine would be black & white marbled with Black Roses and White Asiatic Lillies surrounding the grave. (those would be double ones too!)

"Here lies MagpieLee"

"0004-0007"

"Serial Monogamist"

I imagine it with a skunk hat laying at the base of the tombstone inbetween 2 small candles and a quarterstaff sticking out of the grave. (The FR cape will be buried over my coffin).

Oh, and my grave will be located in C2 portal room secret (not that I know that there is one!)

edit: Sitting on my grave is also a Fast Regen spot as well as a fast reading spot!

Ok sure...but I can dream right? :icon13:

Edited by MagpieLee

So you receive a text description when you "look-at" a gravestone? Or reuse the book display (though really the wrong look-and-feel).

We already have such a graveyard on our guildmap, listing those who have had to stop playing over the last couple of years from JusT, SegV, etc, and of course honorary stones for folks like Lyanna.

(Even had to dig some up as those thought long lost returned to play :( )

we gave some of the graves in VOTD to players alrdy, informally ofcourse.

happened long ago :(

Make mine read:

LabRat

Alt-X is the disease

EL is the cure

Here lies Thordix, son of Thorbrin

Bitten while painting a portrait of an ogre

Died while feeding arctic chimerian with vegetables

You have it scarr:>

I promise to remove dust from you frmo time to time... and after a couple months nice place in cellar.

I like the idea of kind of hall of fame, but also...

who would decide about the creating the grave stones? Who would be editing server files to follow it? How to avoid rows? Lots of question to be answered.

I think that the informal way is best... or on the guild maps.

Edited by Gilean

I think 'space' will not be the problem, since not everyone will buy such a stone and there are allready a lot of places where 'empty' stones are.

Before they are all 'taken' new graveyards can allready be implemented on some rather 'empty spots' on a few of the very large maps allready ingame.

You could also think of a graveyard near a sort of tempel of your god.

IRL we have churches right, and in christianity it is for 1 god.

In EL we have several Gods, cant they have more 'churches'? *(with graveyards surrounding them)*

Anyway, I like this Idea and I would certainly buy a stone! :brooding: