Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
auror

missing files

Every time I open up my map editor and try to open a file, place a 3d or 2d object it closes. :) Could someone with a working editor please send to me the following files

I am strangly missing these files that appear in the error log. They can be found in the "Textures" folder in the EL main folder

fontv.bmp

particle5.bmp

particle7.bmp

particle6.bmp

These files can be found in the EL main folder....

map_editor.exe

SDL.dll

iconv.dll

libxml2.dll

libiconv-2.dll

zlib1.dll

browser.lst

the files can be emailed to me at spacewebguy@yahoo.com

thanks Auror

don't worry about those files you're "missing", because you're not really missing them.

Just make sure your directory structure is exactly as it is where you installed EL, and th emap editor you are using is in that directory too!

Yeah it sounds like you have moved the map editor out of the el folder. Which will stop it working. If you still can't get it to work try downloading the game again, that should fix it

No please don't download the game again unless absolutely necessary! :icon13:

you should still have the .zip or .exe file you downloaded origianlly..just run that again!

i re-installed nothing happened what folder should it be in? I have it in the main one right now heres my error log

: "./textures/font_alpha.bmp": "./textures/fontv.bmp"Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/fontv.bmp

: "./textures/gamebuttons_alpha.bmp": "./textures/buttons_alpha.bmp": "./textures/particle0_alpha.bmp": "./textures/particle1_alpha.bmp": "./textures/particle2_alpha.bmp": "./textures/particle3_alpha.bmp": "./textures/particle4_alpha.bmp": "./textures/particle5.bmp"Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/particle5.bmp

: "./textures/particle6.bmp"Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/particle6.bmp

: "./textures/particle7.bmp"Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/particle7.bmp

Unable to strip off relative path!

I told you already, those errors have nothing to do with it.

The file path should be:

your_EL_directory/mapeditor.exe

And you can ONLY open maps and load objects from in the el dir too:

your_EL_directory/maps

your_EL_directory/3dobjects/