Eternal Lands Official Forums
Thordin

Advanced combat medallions

Some ideas for medallions of mine, i'm giving out only ingreds and effects, levels and nexi are yet to be set.

Barbed necklace:

Gold medallion, 2 polished diamonds, 10 AE, 1 EME

When you got hit, there is 15% chance of dealing 5-11 damage to your opponent, substracts 10 of your maximal matter points

Volcanic amulet:

Gold medallion, 1 polished ruby, 5 FE, 2 EFE, 1 binding stone

Adds 4-8 heat damage to your hits, +4 heat protection, -2 radiation protection

Glacial talisman:

Silver medallion, 1 polished sapphire, 5 WE, 1 EWE, 1 binding stone

Adds 3-9 cold damage to your hits, +4 cold protection, -2 heat protection

Glowstone jewel:

Gold medallion, 1 polished emerald, 5 Earth E, 3 ELE, 1 binding stone

Adds 2-10 radiation damage to your hits, +2 radiation protection

Eagle-eye trinket:

Silver medallion, 1 silver bar, 2 polished diamonds, 1 EWE, 1 binding stone

+8 accuracy, -2 damage

Armadillo's splinter

Gold medallion, 1 gold bar, 2 polished rubies, 4 ELE, 1 binding stone

+8 armor, -2 accuracy

Edited by ThordinElement

We need more medallions, no doubt. Medallions are enchanted with powerful magic, no doubt. Magic is hard to tame and requires lots of energy to tame, no doubt. Lots of energy requires lots of powerful resources, which are expensive. I don't understand why medallions should stay cheap. They are permanently enchanted objects, thus very difficult to make and very expensive to buy. With power comes price. Many people are fed up with only moon medallions for fight and unicorn medallions for PvP, I think that something like this (not necessarily exactly these) could bring more strategy to fighting, don't you think?

EDIT: typos and last line added

Edited by ThordinElement

i guess your right but i think the stats should have no minus because the other meds dont so why should a more poerful med take stuff away

i would love to see new meds in game !! been holding on to about 100 gold meds after i leanred i could only make sun meds ;(, specially since it would be 4/4 gold/silver meds.. and moon meds use to be around 1k~ only reason i got into crafting, and when i was able to make they were at like 300 - 250 - 200 :)

Very interesting idea, but moon meds are popular because they provides accuracy and armor bonus. So if those new medallions do the same it will greatly increases the chances of being widely used.

Meds should not be expensive? Why not? If you cant afford one just dont use it, and use yours old moon or uni meds.

I know moon medallions are popular of their attributes. But these are not meant to replace them, they serve as a higher level and an addition to current medallions. I did not intend to replace any items. By this, you can tacticize. Either get some accuracy/armor bonus, or get higher damage.

EDIT: I have added two more of them, as a higher stage of moon/unicorn medallion. But I am afraid, that if they will replace them in attributes, noone will want the old ones. Even if they are more expensive, they can be afforded easily by most of players.

Meds should not be expensive? Why not? If you cant afford one just dont use it, and use yours old moon or uni meds.

Cannot agree more, there is no rule, which says: "medallions are to be cheap," it's like with armors. Either you use chain amor and you won't be worried about possible loss, but you will have lower attributes than the person who wears plate armor, who puts in a risk of losing it and it's rewarded by higher attributes.

Edited by ThordinElement

Very interesting idea, but moon meds are popular because they provides accuracy and armor bonus. So if those new medallions do the same it will greatly increases the chances of being widely used.

:P ^^

I know moon medallions are popular of their attributes. But these are not meant to replace them, they serve as a higher level and an addition to current medallions. I did not intend to replace any items. By this, you can tacticize. Either get some accuracy/armor bonus, or get higher damage.

EDIT: I have added two more of them, as a higher stage of moon/unicorn medallion. But I am afraid, that if they will replace them in attributes, noone will want the old ones. Even if they are more expensive, they can be afforded easily by most of players.

Very true, but possibly just an idea, make a *better/higher statted* uni/moon med like you make RoP's original way. while you make moon/uni meds(which i dont anyone actually makes uni i got 30 off ants) random chance to make the new medallion, that would be cool.

Very true, but possibly just an idea, make a *better/higher statted* uni/moon med like you make RoP's original way. while you make moon/uni meds(which i dont anyone actually makes uni i got 30 off ants) random chance to make the new medallion, that would be cool.

Just a question? What about the surplus of moon medallions that would come this way? There is no demand for them, at least not huge.

You speak my mind, Ringa is not enough, there is a huge supply of lower level crafters. Just if polished gems could be sellable for 10gc (20gc for diamond)...

You speak my mind, Ringa is not enough, there is a huge supply of lower level crafters. Just if polished gems could be sellable for 10gc (20gc for diamond)...

Why not 30gc for diamond, since you cannot make it for lower price? O.o

Edit: Ringa? Where s/he is and what he buys?

Edited by ville-v

Why not 30gc for diamond, since you cannot make it for lower price? O.o

Edit: Ringa? Where s/he is and what he buys?

ummmm play the game you'll find it!!!

and as far as the over production of moon meds...well what about the over production of damage rings that crafters made for rops, and the few hundreds trainers have during the phases at orges ..-.0 answer mine and ill answer yours as there is no huge damand for dam rings

Very good ideas! :(

Oh! What about making it so only those who are serving the medallion's god and has come up to a specfic rank can only wear them?

And those who have godless cannot wear them at all? Muahahahaa... LOL

- Sistema.

Very good ideas! ;)

Oh! What about making it so only those who are serving the medallion's god and has come up to a specfic rank can only wear them?

And those who have godless cannot wear them at all? Muahahahaa... LOL

- Sistema.

Evil :icon13:

But this would give even more strategy:

Let's say: barbed to manufacture god, volcanic to alchemy god, glacial to potions god, glowstone to harvesting god, eagle-eye to attack god and armadillo to defense god?

Edited by ThordinElement

lolz do the godless ppl get an advantage too?

like medal of radiation hitting everyone who is near for 30 dmg each minute :icon13:

it's better if every1 could use em and not only a few ppl.

Some ideas for medallions of mine, i'm giving out only ingreds and effects, levels and nexi are yet to be set.

Barbed necklace:

Gold medallion, 2 polished diamonds, 10 AE, 1 EME

When you got hit, there is 15% chance of dealing 5-11 damage to your opponent, substracts 10 of your maximal matter points

Volcanic amulet:

Gold medallion, 1 polished ruby, 5 FE, 2 EFE, 1 binding stone

Adds 4-8 heat damage to your hits, +4 heat protection, -2 radiation protection

Glacial talisman:

Silver medallion, 1 polished sapphire, 5 WE, 1 EWE, 1 binding stone

Adds 3-9 cold damage to your hits, +4 cold protection, -2 heat protection

Glowstone jewel:

Gold medallion, 1 polished emerald, 5 Earth E, 3 ELE, 1 binding stone

Adds 2-10 radiation damage to your hits, +2 radiation protection

Eagle-eye trinket:

Silver medallion, 1 silver bar, 2 polished diamonds, 1 EWE, 1 binding stone

+8 accuracy, -2 damage

Armadillo's splinter

Gold medallion, 1 gold bar, 2 polished rubies, 4 ELE, 1 binding stone

+8 armor, -2 accuracy

These are sweeet ideas but obviously some of these values need to be tweaked so they aren't overpowering. Maybe add a tiny amount of elemental protection too?

I had a similar idea that the 4 medals ingame should have an 'enriched version' where on a very very very rare occasion they get a random combat perk attached to it (I glow in the dark, fatal man, evanesance).

But this idea will mean more things to craft and omg....it uses Earth essence :icon13:

The only criticism is that most of theese will only be used in PK, except maybe the last 2

lolz do the godless ppl get an advantage too?

Godless people already got an advantage gaining 8 free pickpoints.

Also, there are a summoning only monster, which can only be summoned by the followers of the summoning god, so its perfectly fair to have itens usable only by the followers of other gods or similar bonuses.

I do like the idea of bringing more meds to the game, I like when there are alot choises.

Need a med that gives +2 acc +2 dmg +2 def, +2 armor, Then you have all the stats other meds got, in one Medallion. Moon/Uni/Star/Sun Meds + Binding stone + some enriched ess ? Would be cool :icon13:

Don't get it wrong please. Every bonus has its cost and if there is some pros and cons, it gives more strategy to them. You have to choose carefully and it's not only about who has bigger numbers.

I also agree on tweaking the values, these were just only to show the idea and give some place to discussion...