Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jezebelle

Skellies

hey all,

In our family we have been having the same discussion for ages now..and I would now like to share this with you all, as in many know more then one..or two..or three for that matter..

Anyways..its about those skellies..are they male or female?

Personaly i used to think they were male..haveing all those bones and all..(yes Il keep it clean here, lol)

But today..as i was watching a few laying at my feet again..I wasnt so certain anymore..sure..they still drop at my feet..but are they realy male? I mean..how does one know?

*sighs* I am truly hoping to put an end to our discussion here and now..so..lets hear it..are skellies male..or female..and why..and why not?

*hugs*

Jez

they just generic skellies, they dont have a sex :whistle:

maybe in life they were a creature that was erm whats that word when something reproduces with itself? lol

or maybe there are both sexes walking around and we will never know :P

Their gender depends mainly on the parameters of their pelvis and skull, if you could provide some precise measurements, we could possibly help you determine their gender... :whistle:

maybe in life they were a creature that was erm whats that word when something reproduces with itself? lol

or maybe there are both sexes walking around and we will never know

The word you are looking for is Asexuel ...(if thats spelt right)

But I'm more apt to agree that both genders are wandering draia

they decided they wouldn't go with the latest fashion from votd so they said "screw u all we refuse to be male or female" and thus creating their own fashion..

the sexless that's what they are and how they became it :whistle:

in the skellie factory somewhere unknown to us..

willy wonka decided to give up making candy and suddenly he realized making skellies was his dream.

male of course, they crawl at your feet Jez :)

well Reni, thats why i always thought they were male, lol..but I see them fall at our male citizens feet as well..perhaps even more so..and that got me doubting :( Unless..erm..no..I wont go there, LOL.

They HAVE to be male or female before they went skellie..could it be..they were gobbies before? Still..we have male and female gobbies as well..*sighs* Im lost..:P

Jez

Hmm.... well I am not at all certain.

The ones who do wear clothes tend to pay no attention to the fit or stlye, so they must not be female. And the ones who don't wear any must be male.....

But they are indeed umm reproducing at an alarming rate... Does that mean there are some well dressed hidden female skellies we have not seen the likes of yet?

Eeeeeeks! *FAINTS*

malefemaleskellie7os.jpg

(but seriously, they do look identical, don't they? :))

- Sistema.

Edited by sisteMa`

The skeletons are no longer female or male, they are just undead.

If you so like you may examine the bone structure of each skeleton to find that the vast majority is beyond gender recognition. The remaining few are believed to be mostly male, but that is more of an assumption by The Association of Scribes and Scholars.

Read more about the undead here:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/page/creatures_undead.php

I have to disagree with you. I can assure you that even the skeleton of the human body is recognizable as male or female according to skull bone and pelvis bone proportion. The pelvis of the female is rather shorter and wider in order to ensure the proper passage of the neonate, while male pelvis is taller and narrower. Also the skull bones carries lots of features to differ the gender of the skeleton. There are also other features as well.

But enough of science, this is a fantasy game and everything is possible.

Yay, we have original genderless skeletons here! :)

Indeed they're manufactured in a factory around somwhere... then they're send to some maps to get some experience, but unfortunately lots of them get killed by stupid players on training :) Later on, the lucky ones who survive get a full body, skin and some other precious parts and get spawned on IP as new player... some of them get even magically resized (it's called race change). The skeletons are manufactured in a special way, so they can get both female or male body (this help also making later sex change).

Due to many skellies killed by players, the gods have decided that skellies should get some protection, so some of them get chosen to become armed skeletons and try to take revenge on the players.

So the gender of a sekeleton is not fixed, the gods set it when a new player is ready to spawn on IP.

By the way, you should also know where did phantom warriors come from - they're the remains of players who typed #killme yes twice... these ghosts havent got many skills, because niether the soul nor the body did not stay inside them, but these other remains of a player still feel the need of fighting. As the phantoms havent got a sex either, you can see why the scientist think that the sex is determined by the soul...

Edited by Ulrih

Lol, I remember when Ttlanhil posted it. I knew we should have fed them more...

He did? I didn't know. I know about that 'article' since 2003 or so. Also, did you read the one about the new solar system found in the Earth?

By the way, you should also know where did phantom warriors come from - they're the remains of players who typed #killme yes twice... these ghosts havent got many skills, because niether the soul nor the body did not stay inside them, but these other remains of a player still feel the need of fighting. As the phantoms havent got a sex either, you can see why the scientist think that the sex is determined by the soul...

so....somewhere out "there" is the power warrior ghost of donpedro???

:(