Eternal Lands Official Forums

example:there can be storms and tornado's in some maps which has 1% chance of sending you to underworld(without losing items)

i like this idea, but instead of underworld, i suggest other maps. Like it was with teleport nexus before, when u could been moved to another map.

No Equipment Day.

In this day isn't possible to wear nothing.

So we can see some nice fight :o

HEH!

I had this idea today and wanted to post it.

Good thing I read this page first!

Great idea Blodoks!

maybe not a good idea but here i go, maybe there should be a day where you cant look at your map maybe it could be called day of confusion or something :P

Day Of The Dragon

Event:

On this day the Dragon leave its home and wanders the world searching for food.

First hour Dragon appears on a random map (any but IP) and stays for an hour then moves to another Random map(any distance because it can in theory fly) and stays for an hour and so on

Day Ends early if the Dragon is killed and is forced back to its home

Every Dog Has Its Day Day

Event:

Due to a flux in the magic matrix this day all monsters ignore either the MM perk or cloak but drop double the normal amount in there db

ie: goblin would have dropped 7 gold and leather leggings instead drops 14 gold and 2 leather leggings

(might be a bit to much to have double high level drops but this would be offset by being attacked by every other creature in the area )

Day Of B.O.

Event

Any character trading with or fighting with another character suffers a 10% loss of health/material points each minute for the next five minutes.

Due to extremely humid weather the hygene facilities of Eternal Lands are overloaded. Personal interactions with another character on this day are hazardous to your health.

Day Of The Dragon

Personally, I don't really have any interest in any additional bad days (or days that prevent you from playing the game due to a higher than usual threat).

rofl

An animal attacking me >< I would get pissed at a bear gettin me while I am harvesting flowers though >< but oh well....

and as for the careful guy day that whom ever mentioned earlier we have 1 its called "NO drops day" :blink:

I like all the days ideas I hope some get implemented I would love to see some new stuff and a challenge I enjoy negative days :P

Day Of The Dragon

Event:

On this day the Dragon leave its home and wanders the world searching for food.

First hour Dragon appears on a random map (any but IP) and stays for an hour then moves to another Random map(any distance because it can in theory fly) and stays for an hour and so on

Day Ends early if the Dragon is killed and is forced back to its home

Event:

Due to a flux in the magic matrix this day all monsters ignore either the MM perk or cloak but drop double the normal amount in there db

ie: goblin would have dropped 7 gold and leather leggings instead drops 14 gold and 2 leather leggings

(might be a bit to much to have double high level drops but this would be offset by being attacked by every other creature in the area )

:devlish:

OMG Can you see a fluf dropping 2 nmt !

Since this thread has come alive again, and I was just reminded of an idea for a special day from a while ago:

The Gods are Listening

Today the gods are listening; if they hear certain words then you may be rewarded or punished.

Implementation:
  • Two lists of (non-trivial) words are prepared, all different, taken randomly from previous local chat logs. One list for good omens, one for bad.

• Local chat (only) is monitored for the
    first
    word on either list.

• When one of the two words is detected, an appropriate effect is applied to the speaker.

• When a word is used, it is popped off the list, and added to the back of the other list -- so a 'good' word will eventually reappear as a bad word, and visa versa.

• If a word is not detected within some period (10min or 1hour), it is moved to the back of the other list anyway. This is to prevent a really obscure word from blocking the day.

This may encourage spam on local chat, but since there are both good and bad words this may balance out.

Some intelligent filtering should be applied to the selected word set (4+ characters, no numbers, must have been used at least twice).

Words are only used once, and then moved to the other list; so it is risky to speak them too often. You are not told what word in a sentance was heard by the Gods, and since it shouldn't come up again immediately (good or bad), then it should be harder to work out.

Union Day

Event

The Union 'executive' has declared it's time for a corporate picnic. You may not access storage today.

Someone annoyed the union bosses, so no storage for you today. Complain and you can swim with the fishies.

---------------------------------

Health Inspector Day

Event

Far too many of you have rotting raw meat in your storage. Accessing storage today will cause the storage keeper to throw away any raw meat in your storage

The Health Inspector cries foul over the odour from your storage locker. Due to poor hygene on your part the meat is confiscated.

Health Inspector Day

Event

Far too many of you have rotting raw meat in your storage. Accessing storage today will cause the storage keeper to throw away any raw meat in your storage

The Health Inspector cries foul over the odour from your storage locker. Due to poor hygene on your part the meat is confiscated.

Think about how fun for ppl with 20k raw meats on storage...

Health Inspector Day

Event

Think about how fun for ppl with 20k raw meats on storage...

There will be lots of happy summoners :P

We have a good amount of special days, but there are ppl who never experienced some of them. So what about this new 3 ideas:

Sorcerer's day:

RPG: In one of his magic experiments, a sorcerer disrupted the order of the magic in our world.

English: There will be 6 random negative "hours" in this day.

Witch's day:

RPG: A witch had the ambition of control magic in draia on this day. Something go wrong and the witchcraft disrupted the order of the magic in Draia.

English: There will be 6 ramdom "hours".

Day of Rush:

RPG: Six Planets are about to eclipse with Draia, making a rare moment of beauty this day.

English: 6 ramdom positive "hours" will be triggered.

Edit: Its about hours, not days, so one day with 6 special "days", 1 hour each one

Edited by Vormavius

Here's some ideas:

Cat-caught-tounge day

A cat caught your tounge so now you can't talk to anyone from another race.

RP:Today, everyone is speaking in their native tounge.

During this day only elves can talk to elves, gnomes to gnomes, and so on, if someone else from a different race tries to talk to them then question marks will show up (if a spanish speaking dwarf talks to a swedish dwarf no ? marks will come up cause theyre dwarves \o/)

Glilin Day

All armors have been blessed by Glilin, making them have the same qualities as the best armor in the game.

RP: Glilin finally got a date! OR Glilin wants to see fighting and allowed all armors to be the same.

This day would be good because you could go in with all leather armor and have the same defense as titanium armor.

Omega Day

On his way back to Heaven, The Superior Being stopped by EL, gave everyone the godless perk and put Mother Nature in her place.

RP: The dwarf inside the Nordcarn Magic Shop was actually right! Now if only someone took care of those bees...

Everyone is godless for the day and Mother Nature wont trigger any events, exept for the Queen of Nature, bees, cavern walls, radon pouches, broken pickaxes and You stopped Harvesting. Also, angels save you (like when you were a n00b).

Time Compression Day

Today will be a really really long day (24 rl hrs=1 el day)

RP: A Sorceress has compressed time! what a shame this day couldnt be compressed into a short day -_-

This is a really long EL day thats the same as 1 real life day, bad for people wanting to get harv exp.(maybe it could be set for people with harvesting levels greater than 15 because people will abuse the day by going to IP).

Glilin Day

All armors have been blessed by Glilin, making them have the same qualities as the best armor in the game.

RP: Glilin finally got a date! OR Glilin wants to see fighting and allowed all armors to be the same.

This day would be good because you could go in with all leather armor and have the same defense as titanium armor.

I really like this one. The PK maps will be flooded on this day. So what if you loose some leather armor.

Glilin Day

I really like this one. The PK maps will be flooded on this day. So what if you loose some leather armor.

Maybe not make it have "the same qualities as the best armor in the game". But just something very high ^^

You can't really determine the best armor.

1. Titanium Greaves/Cuisses have lower armor rate than Steel Greaves/Cuisses. => Highest armor rate, most expensive, or best value?
  2. Bronze Armor might be better...
  3. If we get newer armors (thinks of dragon scale armor :blush:) the day should be updated?

-- Cyp

PS: New spammer? :hug:Morath

Glilin Day

Maybe not make it have "the same qualities as the best armor in the game". But just something very high ^^

You can't really determine the best armor.

1. Titanium Greaves/Cuisses have lower armor rate than Steel Greaves/Cuisses. => Highest armor rate, most expensive, or best value?
  2. Bronze Armor might be better...
  3. If we get newer armors (thinks of dragon scale armor :P) the day should be updated?

-- Cyp

PS: New spammer? :PMorath

I don't think I am a spammer. :brooding: I can only read the forums at my work when I am not doing anything else. That is why my posts are only during a certain time of the day, I happen to work the graveyard shift. I am not able to spend all day trolling the forums like other people. :P At the time that I am on the forums there are just very few other people on and not much activity and that is why those posts were all together.

Besides, I only post in topics where I think I have something valuable to contribute or I think something is really funny.

Day of the Pheonix

Roleplay: The burning flames of the pheonix rebirth sparks withen us

In english: When you die, you have 80% of respawnly randomly on the map you died on. You still loose 50% of your items

Day of rebirth

Roleplay: You dont feel like dieing so why not teleport away and kill your enemies later

In english: You gain 30% of your health and teleport to the last entrance/exit you went through. You still loose 50% of your items

Day of Mortos (revenge)(?)

Roleplay: Mortos is angry at you fools so taste his wrath of this day

In english: Mortos has sent several red creatures to every map every 30 minutes (part from insides, caves and ip)

We have a good amount of special days, but there are ppl who never experienced some of them. So what about this new 3 ideas:

Sorcerer's day:

RPG: In one of his magic experiments, a sorcerer disrupted the order of the magic in our world.

English: There will be 6 random negative "hours" in this day.

Witch's day:

RPG: A witch had the ambition of control magic in draia on this day. Something go wrong and the witchcraft disrupted the order of the magic in Draia.

English: There will be 6 ramdom "hours".

Day of Rush:

RPG: Six Planets are about to eclipse with Draia, making a rare moment of beauty this day.

English: 6 ramdom positive "hours" will be triggered.

Edit: Its about hours, not days, so one day with 6 special "days", 1 hour each one

Very nice ideas. :)

But, what if the day comes during the day? :)

Since there is 2x a/d exp day, and 2x harv exp day, i have some idea about a negative day:p

How about hellspawn day?

20% of going to hell isnt THAt big and one day wont be very bad, what do u think about it?:)

eMPi

Edited by masterpiter

How about hellspawn day? ... what do u think about it?

Don't we have enough bad days already? Do we really need to be thinking up more?

I'd rather see people put their creative talents into coming up with ways to make the game more fun.

Edited by bkc56

Since there is 2x a/d exp day, and 2x harv exp day, i have some idea about a negative day:p

How about hellspawn day?

20% of going to hell isnt THAt big and one day wont be very bad, what do u think about it?:o

eMPi

What about those who already have HS? :)

I still like the idea of no nexus needed day, but I guess others don't. ^^