Eternal Lands Official Forums
CodeWarrior

Checking for up to date game files?

I'm just curious to know, I was browsing through the code tonight and found that there were a few additions to the particle engine. I'm curious to know if I'm using the right files?

Currently I have the files that come with Gentoo's eternal-lands-1.2.0_p1-r3. Have the particles such as teleport_in.part been updated since then to handle the new sound support?

I'm just curious to know, I was browsing through the code tonight and found that there were a few additions to the particle engine. I'm curious to know if I'm using the right files?

Currently I have the files that come with Gentoo's eternal-lands-1.2.0_p1-r3. Have the particles such as teleport_in.part been updated since then to handle the new sound support?

That should be the correct data pack.

There is a progressing "update" thread that includes a lot of new files for the looming update, but I am not sure if there are particle changes.

Naw, only the waterfall has been updated...

I'm not overly concerned about it, but I did notice that the particles for teleport_in.part cause the sound system to try and find a random sound to play (I'm rather sure it's because the sound for the particle isn't initialised to -1 by default and while there is code to prevent it from causing a problem, it could cause a teleport in to start playing rain :) )

Edited by CodeWarrior

I'm pretty sure that'll be as simple as updating the .part file to include the sound.

I intend to try it myself, but VS2005 is being a pain... I'll need to wait until I can boot into linux to mess with it...

Edited by CodeWarrior

Okay, I've just been looking into the particle system with regard to the sounds, turns out that it's not the teleport_in sound that's causing it, but rather the circle_gold.part file.

Does anybody know why it was defined with 23641464 -> sound_nr, 23641468 -> positional, 23641472 -> loop? I'm guessing those values are from a legacy version of the particle system but I'm not 100%.