Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jaxbot

Err... where are the rules?

Ok, umm... what are the rules for map making? Can I test my own map? Can I use a map that I made and not release it?

EDIT: sorry for long undertext. It should say I just started map making and I don't want to get banned making mistakes.

Edited by Jaxbot

Ok, umm... what are the rules for map making? Can I test my own map? Can I use a map that I made and not release it?

EDIT: sorry for long undertext. It should say I just started map making and I don't want to get banned making mistakes.

You can not use or test any of you're own maps, only maps that are in the server and a exactly matching map in the client. Touching an existing map and trying to play on it can have very unexpected consequences!

Rules are:

If you substitute a map you made for an official one, and we hear one peep from you about bugs or problems or you're stuck or you can't fix whatever or ANYTHING and it turns out it's because you are using an unofficial map, you get banned. No ifs ands or buts. We have better things to do than waste time because somebody messes up a perfectly good map/client/game deliberately.