Eternal Lands Official Forums
vampireLOREN

observation#22

Was looking at an old post today......the EF declaration of War.

And i liked the idea of a then two man guild going to a war footing against a entire guild.

The reason for this action it would appear now to be over due to the char named having changed name.

It got me thinking......how many players change names ??? and why?. It struck me that if you add multi play/alts.....and other weird and wonderful gameplay there is maybe considerably less people playing than we think.

So, assuming you are not an all round bad egg......why would you change name?. I can appreciate that your first choice when playing might not suit...and after a short passage of time a better name might spring to mind. But, once you reach a level that you appear in the ratings....people guess who you are..or atleast make it a subject for discussion.

Well......if you have a char...and changed your name, I would love to know why?.

Thanx

Got bored of old name, so changed it, along with my race.

I can't see myself changing my name for any reason. other than if i went crazy and turned evil :P then NasTea or some such would come to mind.

I was the very first Kat and plan to keep it that way!

I'll never change my name unless an angry mob decides to wage war on me... :P

I changed my name to Adya because people were always telling me how hard it was to type Clephptahre :P

Then when I changed it people told me they liked Clephptahre ... :P

So now I have an alt named Clephptahre.

That's the story of my change.

Guest masterreiki

I changed mine to reiki because thats what everyone called me instead of masterreiki :P

I say no point in changing your name, unless your previous one sucked :D

by the way; I like Adya better :)

Edited by maximos

I changed my name from "ThordinElement" to "Thordix", people were upset when they were to type PM to me, bad for business :icon13:

I say no point in changing your name, unless your previous one sucked :)

by the way; I like Adya better ;)

Imagine you make a character, thinking that you won't last too long in this game. (So, you put as name the first thing that comes to your head).

Imagine that that character grows up strong, and you decide that now you like the game and you are going to stay.

Imagine that a couple of beers are worth the same that to change your name.

Now, Imagine that you drink another two beers, then, you have the will for a name change, it is cheap enough. :P

Edited by m_bee

Imagine you make a character, thinking that you won't last too long in this game. (So, you put as name the first thing that comes to your head).

Imagine that that character grows up strong, and you decide that now you like the game and you are going to stay.

Imagine that a couple of beers are worth the same that to change your name.

Now, Imagine that you drink another two beers, then, you have the will for a name change, it is cheap enough.

nobody starts EL thinking she/he wont last long! ;)

or; you have a good point there, but as I said "unless your previous one sucked"

I changed my name to Adya because people were always telling me how hard it was to type Clephptahre :P

Then when I changed it people told me they liked Clephptahre ... ;)

I knew you sounded like someone...:-p

I don't think I'll ever change my name, although I've considered it for various reasons. I like being called "Tany" and "Tan" too much to change it :)

Edited by Tanyia

by the way; I like Adya better :blush:

Weeeeeee thanks :o

I knew you sounded like someone...:-p

Hehehe One can change ones name but not the way one sounds I guess :D

I changed my name to Adya because people were always telling me how hard it was to type Clephptahre :D

Then when I changed it people told me they liked Clephptahre ... :o

if there is ever a prize for the best signature...I hope you WIN!!!!!! :blush:

I haven't had a name change (Technically), but i switched accounts back on old server. I began playing as Scavok or Lord_scavok i donno which, but then certain people started making nicknames like "oozey scab" i don't even remember who it was, but i made Lleumas out of fun and had no intention of sticking with him. I liked Lleumas better though, and then the server reset came so I continued using Lleumas. Not really a whole lot to it :P Thats my story and im stickin to it though. :)

I done the same as lleumas. I ad a player known as Thra11 before then just a bit before the big wipe i made a player called kedan and he was just a alt i used for testing a few things, but the when the big wipe hit and i needed to make a new player i decided i liked kedan better so stuck with that name and now have Thra11 as my alt.

sMooMs -> Korsakoff -> sMooMs.

No large story behind it, just wanted to play with a female character for a while.

No large story behind it, just wanted to play with a female character for a while.

Danke :ph34r: oh is that the Mufussa Bike in the pic???? :P

Danke :ph34r: oh is that the Mufussa Bike in the pic???? :P

Heh yes, It is the "Mufossa" bike :blink: