Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

IMPORTANT! Compatibility hazard, READ!

Some small protocol changes will be done the next time the test server is restarted.

Every bot maker must implement the changes described here...

This was an awesome explanation of the change and the solution, and I'm sure that I speak for all the bot builders when I thank you for advance warning!

scafativ

OK, sorry if this is off-topic question, but do the changes have to be done or the bot will crash? Or is it reccomended changes for bots?

OK, sorry if this is off-topic question, but do the changes have to be done or the bot will crash? Or is it reccomended changes for bots?
if you knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't have asked.

unless you're an incompetant programmer, it won't crash your bot, you just may have bad locational info about other actors

plus it's not like there's any complexity to the changes... if you can connect, you've already done more work than these changes need (in a higher level language, bitwise operations may be tricky, but if you have a working bot you've probably dealt with that anyway)

ed: more to the point, do the changes have to be made? depends if your bot cares about location and buffs. mine doesn't yet. it only does chat stuff. trade bots probably don't need to know location, they just respond to a trade attempt, because that means the other is in range already anyway. chat ones may or may not have a need. probably not. only bots that move are liukely to care (especially guard bots)

Edited by ttlanhil

So the length of the Enhanced_Actor is exactly the same but you are useing the bits slightly different?

For my bot it should not require any changes as i ignore most of the protacol, i do process enhanced actors only to retrieve the actors name and guild tag.