Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zelse

Life in Palon Vertas, RP as we know it?

((This RP thread might not have no grand adventures, but many small ones, it will be up to the fellow roleplayers to decide them ;) ))

It was early in the morning and the rain had just subsided when Zelse got out of his house in Palon Vertas *breaths in* "Ahh, what a refreshing smell." said Zelse as he breathed in the morning air filled with the scent of rainwater. He wondered what the day would bring. There was so much that was going to be going on today and Zelse didnt know how to start the day. Hmm... theres always adventurers comming in from Seridia seeking treasures and adventures... The Palon Vertas Adventurer's Post always has something going on... We need to start preparing for the Palon Vertas Vormus Harvest Festival... and no one has been able to find out why the Ferans are acting so strangely... "Oh well" he said, "nothing starts a day better than a morning stroll." and off Zelse walked around Salingen.

((well I have provided 'quests' for the roleplay, now its up to you to... well you know :pinch: ))

Edited by Derin

It was an early morning, the dew had settled on the grass and the road was silent. Darkened by dew, the whole forest was silent except for a few noise's. A bird chirp here, or the sound of an animal as it roamed.

Salingen was the best place in all of Draia for making you're own living. The man was not large, but rather on the lean side like a rabid animal. His rough stubble and his long brown hari were his markings. He wore a leather helm, and threaded clothes. His boots were made of leather, and the user was now kneeling.

Then, he heard the sound that brought him his coins.

Someone was humming, and heading this way. Looking up from behind his rock, he confirmed the sighting.

He took his bow from his back and strung it back. Slowly, as the unsuspecting Zelse came nearer he stepped on the road. His bow, was pulled back. "Give me you're gold" he drawled in a slow voice.

The white figure did not move. "Bah, foolish man. Give it up."

Edited by sparhawk

asuming the above characters name is sparhawk.

*meanwhile*

Happy_G sat high above the forest on the tallest tree found in the darkest corner. With his special made staff of sight, which allows him to see evey inch of the forsest at anytime, he watched as the traveler and apparent robber just stood there, neither of them moving or saying a word, just a stare at the drawn bow from zalse. Happy_G decided he was going to have somefun. He drinks a Spirit restoration potion and mumbles a few words, seconds later a feran starts running down the path right below him, heading strait for the sparhawk and zelse who r still locked in a staredown. As the feran runs down the trail he makes no noise but sparhawk can hear the few birds there are fleaing the area directly behind him, and zalse can now see the feran in a full charge strait for them about 100 ft away............

Edited by Happy_G

((hmm I believe your power playing happy g))

wasnt trying too, just trying to put a reason behind the ferans acting up, this is my first post on the RP forums, ill delete it if u wish me too. and the character wouldnt at all be unbeatable (hes kinda a wimp) hence the reason he sends the feran and not going himself

As the robber aimed his bow at the beast, he heard many sounds behind him. He glanced back quickly and say a band of elven gathers walking along the road to harvest plants for the upcoming festival. "Run!" he yelled as he looked at the charging monster and lossed an arrow.It only stopped it for a moment, and then it continued its frantic charge. The bandit had just enough time to pull out his sword when animal was upon him. A fierce battle raged between them , and eventualy he stood over the creatures dead body. He turned around to see a large branch wack him in the face, and he fell to the ground unconscious.

"What did you do that for!"the leader of the harvesters exclaimed,"He saved our lives!""And he attempted to rob me Zelze explained," Now help me bind him up so we can bring him to a court in the city.They hurridly bound and gagged him with vines they had found, and set off down the road.

(first rp hope you liked it)

Edited by flea

Ok, I will take the opportunity to Hijack this thread.

This thread shows a few things you shouldn't do in RP threads, so here are some general rules. Feel free to discuss them in this officially Hijacked thread

1. Play your own character

Do not say what other characters do or say. You may hint to another character what you want him/her to do like: "Derin went looking for Zelse, hoping that Zelse would notice his new crown" This opens up the possibility for Zelse to "notice" Derin's new crow and inquire about it, thus expanding on a potential twist/turn to the RP.

You should also read carefully what the other players have written, sometimes they RP a different character than their EL character, so no: "asuming the above characters name is sparhawk." If the post does not give any clues you may inquires about it, but it is always better if you do it in a RPing style, like: "...seconds later a feran starts running down the path right below him, heading strait for what seems to be two men locked in a staredown. For a second Happy_G wondered if he should help the unsuspecting men or not, then he..."

2. Stay on topic

When an episode of a RP thread evolves, help it evolve. Don't add radically different elements until the episode/encounter is finished or dealt with. Too many parallells can be very confusing and annoying to read.

3. Keep to the RP tone set by the initial poster

The starter of the RP thread is the one who ste the layout for the particular RP thread or session, show enough respect and try to follow his/her idea, style and tone.

The guidelines are not directed at your post in this thread, it is intended as "rules" or guidelines for good RP posting.

And that is what we can discuss here in this thread

((wow, im surprised that my RP thread was still going on since I was gone, anyways lets get things going from this point:))

As a fierce battle raged between the feran and the bandit, Zelse decided to make a run to the city gates for safety but stopped to see that the feran was gaining the upper hand. Zelse decided to help. He began to heal the bandit just enough to where he could defeat the feran but not pose a threat to Zelse. Soon the feran was dead but dissapeared in a puff of magic dust, "A summon." said Zelse and looked to where the feran had charged from, after giving the bandit a blow to the stomach with his quarterstaff.

Flea was walking through the wooded vales and examining the trees of Palon Vertas. Hearing a commotion, he quickly snuck to the side of the road and saw an encounter between a mage and a bandit. Pulling an arrow out of his quiver, he decided that if the bandit actualy bulled this person into giving up his gold he would have to stop this encounter. He then heard the light footfalls of the feren and watched the robber, with the help of this apperently white wizard, fend off the beast. After the robber had been knocked out from a blow from a quarterstaff, Flea decided to follow by this wizard in the shadows and see what happend next.

seeing that his feran had been defeated and his location was going to be discovered b4 very long Happy_G decided it was time leave his tree top. he mumbled a few more words as he jumped from his tree. right b4 he hit the ground another feran came running underneth him. as he fled deeper into the woods on the ferans back he hoped that the 2 that had defeted his first feran had not knoticed him.

Edited by Happy_G

((this is my first try at a RP =P))

Walking through the woods, picking the odd flower and mushroom for potions, Dutchman21 stooped down to pick a ripe ogre toe when suddenly a sprinting feran rushes past, knocking him off his feet. He looks where the attack came from, and sees a man riding the feran. Curious, he chugs one of his invisiblity potions and follows the feran.

Edited by dutchman21

Happy_G noticing that he just ran someone over, keeps riding away. as he passes a slightly disfigured tree he reaches out and grabs a branch, swinging himself around the trunk of the 3 foot think tree........but he isnt seen coming out from the other side. the feran turns around and sits by the tree. keeping an eye out for anyone that may have followed....

Upon arriving in Salingen, the Chronicler had his mind set on finding the Adventurer's Post and there to find a map of old Irilion. So he directed his bodyguard to find a room and to stay out of sight. This was an opportunity to go incognito. The Chronicler smiled.

A sudden disturbance drew his attention, wasn't that the growl of a .... a Feran? and who was shouting?

A previously unknown streak of curiosity hit The Chronicler and against all advice he walked slowly towards the sounds.

His flesh did sour, his soul did roar

The Book of Bane, Chapter 3, the Anceint verse of darkness.

As Zelse was walking towards the direction the feran had come from; he couldnt help but feel as though he was being followed. He looked back thinking it was the bandit that still had some fight in him but noticed that the bandit was still out where they fought the feran, probly still in pain.

"This is odd... very odd," started Zelse "why would a summoner send a summon to fight and then vanish without a trace? hmm, a theif perhaps..." Zelse, still feeling like he was being followed hoped that whatever was following him -if anything was following him- would come out if he talked out loud.

"I'd better go report this to the Adventurer's Post to let them know we have some unwanted company around here." And off Zelse went to the city of Salingen.

Dutchman21 loses the trail of the feran, but hears another man rush into the clearing. He freezes, afraid that he will be heard. He hears the person unknowingly suggest he is a theif. He frowns at this accusation. He slides over next to the person and slips a potion with a scroll with his name attached into the mans pocket. Overall discouraged for losing the summoner, he trundles back to his house to prepare for the mystery man from the clearing who will probably visit soon.

Hearing this, Flea spoke out," Your curiosity dosnt drive you forward, to find the source of the feren? Very odd, I would think. You come hear and just turn around and report to the post." Stepping out catiously, he allowed his full figure to be seen, without his elven features. He would need to determine if this was one of those anti-elven people, who always went after travlers like himself. That was why there were so few of his kin out in the world.

Zelse was utterly surprised. He felt another presence in the area, not this person who just popped out of nowhere which he suspected was an elf, they often pop out on him but Zelse couldnt tell because this person was hiding his figure. "Well, I'm glad I finally got you out of the shadows, I don't suspect you know if a person came running out here do you?" Said Zelse, still surprised that this being just popped out of nowhere on him. He awaited his answer and knew that if this being knew nothing then he knew someone in the area who would.

"No, I didnt notice anyone else out here except for us, the summener, and whoever made the mysterious footprints over there by the edge of the clearing in the shadows." He pointed to an area by some bushes to the south. he flung back his hood to reveal his finely sculpted elven features. " You, as a white mage, should understand why I must keep to the shadows at this time in Palon Vertes. The rumors are true!"

Edited by flea