Eternal Lands Official Forums
darkguy

fifa world cup

ronaldo wasnt doing much of anything think he touched the ball 2-3 times and shot once. and croatia wouldnt of won by that much if it was a weaker goalie, as they only got about 3-5 decent shots

also i get the impression that ronaldo is waiting for later on in the world cup to score/do more, just to add some suspense to him breaking pele's record...

Edited by chaoogie

Korea:2

Togo:0

it was a fun match to watch...really great goal kick in the 54th minute by korea..togo would've had more of a chance if one of their mid? def? didnt get himself a red card..wouldnt have mattered if it was yellow though it would have been his second.

ronaldo wasnt doing much of anything think he touched the ball 2-3 times and shot once. and croatia wouldnt of won by that much if it was a weaker goalie, as they only got about 3-5 decent shots

also i get the impression that ronaldo is waiting for later on in the world cup to score/do more, just to add some suspense to him breaking pele's record...

Nah, he is just plain fat and its not playing good football for a long time. Brazil playes with only 10 players every match (since Ronaldo does not count), keep that in mind.

Oh, and i am brazilian and we won, so yay.

ye dragburn, was good game to watch :hug:

croatia deserved to at least get 1-1 brazil were shit compared to normal. Coratia worked dam hard but only got close ;/

Guest stalag

The important in this kind of cups is not play well in first place is to win like Filipão says :D

Ronaldo is a shadow of is past now, i miss when he and figo played in barcelona together that was a wondeful thing to see. :hug:

Nah, he is just plain fat and its not playing good football for a long time. Brazil playes with only 10 players every match (since Ronaldo does not count), keep that in mind.

Oh, and i am brazilian and we won, so yay.

9 Players, i dare to say, i wouldn't trust Adriano too :hug:

and i agree on Ronaldo, he's just not the one he was some years ago.

Cheers

Korea:2

Togo:0

it was a fun match to watch...really great goal kick in the 54th minute by korea..togo would've had more of a chance if one of their mid? def? didnt get himself a red card..wouldnt have mattered if it was yellow though it would have been his second.

Are you serious?

It was 2:1

magpie was the 2:1 thing in reference to the scores? or were you simple stateing that togo was outmatched bigtime? if it was scores then when did togo score because like the last ten minutes of the game korea just ran down the clock and it was still 2-0 at that piont...unless my memory is failing...

The score was 2:1.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/matc...th=06&year=2006

On anouther note: Brazil doesn't look strong this time. Croatia should have beaten them!

On a personal note, I've been watchin brazil play for a while now, they usually start slow during the first rounds jus like Italia. And even though they are a monstruous team, the coach aint makin good decisions and the high expectations will cause em not to reach the finals.

In my opinion, i think the finals are gonna be either Argentina vs. Italia or Mexico vs. Italia

So yeah y'all know im rooting for Italia :D

ADDED: I bet Italia is gonna beat US 5-0 :evilgrin:

Edited by Tater

Brazil's teams grow up against strong teams. I dunno why this happens, but the players deticate themselfs more on big matches.

Brazil's teams grow up against strong teams. I dunno why this happens, but the players deticate themselfs more on big matches.

Croatia is a strong team imvho,

I just suppose that brazil wants to save its energy till the final phase of the world cup (they assume they will get into the finals, so they want to save themselves as long as possible)

Cheers.

Ps: We Italians winning 5-0? i think more of a 2-0/3-1

I've used this excuse for England but...

Its OKAY to play shit in these early rounds and still win because you don't want to outplay yourself and run out of steam in the latter parts of the competition.

Germany didn't play that great against Poland but they won. The same with Brasil (imo they had an average game) and Croatia where Brasil still won. England played rubbish against Paraguay but we still won. As long as we play good by the knockout stages then its alll gravy.

dragburn: Togo actually scored first.

Daldora: I don't think the Germans have the depth to win. Take out Ballack, and the Germans aren't the force they can be.

Tater: Italians scoring more then 1 goal? Not likely!

Hardcore: Holland and Spain are renouned for international unacheivers.

Daldora: I don't think the Germans have the depth to win. Take out Ballack, and the Germans aren't the force they can be.

Take out Ballack and they win 4:2.

Let Ballack play and they win 1:0 in the 93rd minute of the game.

Sounds funny, somehow :huh:

:P

Piper

Yeah I knew someone was going to pick up on that. But Germany were not the strong force they once were. Costa Rica were especially poor anyway, and put them up against a stronger team (i.e Poland), even WITH Ballack, and they will see how it is.

The match with Poland could have been better though if Klose had tucked away his chances. Germany were quite unlucky when they hit the bar twice too.