Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Invisibility

Would it be sensible to give truesight in some form to players with high perception cross attribute?

Wouldn't level 50 be a little too low? Lots of people are training their magic up to level 49 to have no more restore fails. So a lot of people will be able to cast this spell. In my opinion level 55-60 would fit much better.

Agreed, something like 60 would work.

Btw, what sigils and ess i would need so i can test it on test server?

Would it be sensible to give truesight in some form to players with high perception cross attribute?

I was thinking the same thing. But only like giving them extra time duration with the True Sight spell for those with perception.

No, the perception will be useful to see people at night.

As for the level, I think level 50 is pretty resonable, there will be higher level spells as well, such as an unreveal spell, which reveals all the invisible players in the nearby vicinity (cancels their invisibility).

Tonight I worked at the invisibility spell, which is almost done.

I still have to finish stuff such as making the invisible actors look like a ghost for those with true sight and themselves, make it so you decloak when attacking or casting a spell on someone, and various other tests.

But the preliminary analysis looks promising.

So this spell will be in the game (test server, that is) tomorrow. If the extended tests will be OK, we can have it for the update.

P.S.

It last for 20-30 seconds, and requires 30 essences in total (3*10).

P.P.S. There will be a true sight spell to see invisible entities.

I hope it's got a delay on attacking people when you decloak.. otherwise I smell some major PK abuse coming.

Assuming they're true sight-less. :sneaky:

Casting an aggresive spell, or attacking will instantly decloak you. There will be no delay, however, which is part of the charm of this spell.

The duration based on the level is not a good idea. If it last more than 30 seconds there are privacy concerns, like going and spying on people and stuff like that.

So you could make it 10 seconds start at 50, add 1 second duration each level over with a max of 30 at magic 70. Or 20 seconds start at 50 and 1 second added each 2 levels.

Another thing that comes to mind....since invisibility is an illusionist type of spell, will the charm cross-attribute be made useful for it and vitality be even more useful?

For example: charm could decrease failure rate to cast the spell (technically: add x magic levels per charm when determining the failure rate) or decrease it's mana cost.

Edited by RallosZek

I could make it start at 2 hours if I wanted to. That's besides the point. Like I said, it will last between 20 and 30 seconds.

Second resolution for the spells duration is not possible, the resolution being 10 seconds.

I'm also wondering: When you are visible and like 15 secs passed and you cast the spell again, you will be invisible again for 20 secs? That way you could be invisible for quiet some time :omg:

:omg: itll be scary...imagine a storage u enter is completely empty then suddenly in 20 seconds storage fills up with 30 players :P

Sounds interesting. I'm curious how it will be useful in pking. I think 50 magic lvl is suitable, think about failed spells :omg:.

I'm also wondering: When you are visible and like 15 secs passed and you cast the spell again, you will be invisible again for 20 secs? That way you could be invisible for quiet some time :P

Hmm I guess this spell will take a lot of mana points + cooldown.

A mana crown can do nice tricks with this spell then I guess...

And it would be nice since COM is just used for summoning nowadays.

Ok, as of now it is available on the test server.

Sigils: remove matter knowledge.

The level is 0, mana required is 10. Those are for TESTING purposes only, it will change when on the main server.

The magic effect icon, at the bottom, will be the one for the shield spell in the quickbar. That will be addressed when we update the client again.

Any issues, please report them here.

Couldn't find any bugs with it here, one suggestion maybe? Some sort of count down timer on the spell, so you would know when to recast if you didn't want it to run out, just an idea anyways. Great job keep'm coming :blink:

A few observations:

Bags appear when you drop them when invisible. It might be nice if bags didn't appear until you stepped off them, so then you could drop a bag and hyperspace it for a contest, without people seeing.

You still see 'sparklies' when remote teleing when invisible, bit of a giveaway of your position.

It would be nice to have truesight when invisible, and see who else is invisible too. Someone suggested making you and them semi-transculent?

Didn't come across any errors myself when trying it out. Seems like it'll be a lot of fun to use in game, and in pk. :blink:

Some sort of count down timer on the spell, so you would know when to recast if you didn't want it to run out, just an idea anyways. Great job keep'm coming :blink:

Something like "Cloaking Device Activated for 30 seconds"

or an actual timer like if the spell icon had a cooldown-type timer

A few observations:

Bags appear when you drop them when invisible. It might be nice if bags didn't appear until you stepped off them, so then you could drop a bag and hyperspace it for a contest, without people seeing.

You still see 'sparklies' when remote teleing when invisible, bit of a giveaway of your position.

LOL

It would be nice to have truesight when invisible, and see who else is invisible too. Someone suggested making you and them semi-transculent?

Didn't come across any errors myself when trying it out. Seems like it'll be a lot of fun to use in game, and in pk. :blink:

LOL again.

Some sort of count down timer on the spell, so you would know when to recast if you didn't want it to run out, just an idea anyways. Great job keep'm coming :mace:

Something like "Cloaking Device Activated for 30 seconds"

or an actual timer like if the spell icon had a cooldown-type timer

No, some mistery is good.

I was invisible, but seeing myself confused me.

Couldn't the actor *me go ghost for the duration?

Yes, when the client side code will be available.

Meanwhile, I fixed an invisibility bug where teleporting out of the map while invisible caused some problems.

Now we have the true sight spell as well: create matter knowledge