Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Invisibility

True sight needs an icon adding, at the moment it just shows up as blank, although you can add it to the quickspell bar as normal.

True sight has an icon, it's just not visible until I'll give you the updated files.

Your allies won't see you if you are invisible. Similarly, you won't see them.

Entropy, excellent! Good work!

It would be nice to have truesight when invisible, and see who else is invisible too. Someone suggested making you and them semi-transculent?
Couldn't the actor *me go ghost for the duration?

As Ent pointed out this will be the case once the client side is ready. I've been working on it all day and it was mostly ready. The only problem being I can get all the animals etc (normal actors) translucent, but not the player characters (enhanced actors). It will be a little longer than expected, sorry.

It would be nice to have truesight when invisible, and see who else is invisible too.

Why should somebody who's invisible get to see all the other invisible people?

I don't like this, it's a cheat to get the higher level true-sight spell at a lower level.

Why should somebody who's invisible get to see all the other invisible people?

I don't like this, it's a cheat to get the higher level true-sight spell at a lower level.

ahh, for the dearth of good story... like how are people invisible... which might explain why invisible people should or shouldn't see other invisible people

as for getting the higher level... we already know it won't be quite as useful... you'd have to go visible again to be able to attack or whatever, and then you can't see more of them... plus since other people won't see what you say in local it's harder to warn them

but more than that... who said the see-invis of being invis would work at full range? maybe that'll only be a few tiles, while truesight is a dozen?

besides... what's the cost of a truesight spell? I'm guessing it'll be less than invis, because it's less of a change... in which case you pay a lot more to be able to see other invisible people through that method

I'm wondering, when we hover on an invisible person, will we see the attack icon? And can we stand on a spot with an invisible person? Otherwise running in a straight line and then running around a square will tell the place of someone who's invisible...

I'm wondering, when we hover on an invisible person, will we see the attack icon? And can we stand on a spot with an invisible person? Otherwise running in a straight line and then running around a square will tell the place of someone who's invisible...

I would assume that the client wouldn't get any information about invisible entities, otherwise it would be too easy to hack. So no cursor changes when over the entity.

When invisible entities are seen with truesight, the same rules must continue to apply, so the server shouldn't let you occupy the same place as them, and probably would just route you around them. But unless you are walking step-by-step, and paying particular attention at the right time, I doubt whether you would notice.

AFAIK, invisible players are not known at all the the client, it's as if they teleported to another map or logged off when they disappear. to do it any other way is asking for it to be abused.

as it stands now, the only way (I can think of) to abuse it is to have a modded client that sends a bunch of walk-to's, to sweep an area... but because of lag and needing to wait to see if it worked (if the spot is occupied by an invisible person it should refuse to walk to location) it won't be anywhere near fast enough to be that useful... esp since you need up to 8 people to hem them in and hold until you can attack... and then if they have tptr you lose them anyway

if one day we get area-effect spells or items, that may change, but not as it stands

truesight will be the only practical way to deal with invisible players (hmm, there's an idea, will it be spell only? I see the option for another type of helmet... or glasses if you prefer, which is still gonna take the headgear slot... might force people to use the COL a little less if they feel the need to wear glasses instead... and I'm all for taking the linearity out of equipment and making equipment choice strategic)

Even if you knew there is an invisible guy nearby, via the walk request (which is limted to about 1/second) you still don't know who that guy is. And even if you knew his actor id, the server will refuse to let you attack it or anything.

It last for 20-30 seconds, and requires 30 essences in total (3*10).

Well I finally got a chance to play with this. It's pretty cool.

But in my opinion, 30 essence for about 30 seconds is to expensive for the spell. 30 seconds isn't really enough time to move around and make use of it, and it uses way to many essence to keep casting it over and over.

As I said, in my opinion (for what it's worth).

It last for 20-30 seconds, and requires 30 essences in total (3*10).

Well I finally got a chance to play with this. It's pretty cool.

But in my opinion, 30 essence for about 30 seconds is to expensive for the spell. 30 seconds isn't really enough time to move around and make use of it, and it uses way to many essence to keep casting it over and over.

As I said, in my opinion (for what it's worth).

Yeah I think I agree, maybe 5 of each. :blush:

its abit worthless spell imo

if u are alone in kf and cast it, no1 goes in cuz they dont see any1 ;/

30 essence for about 30 seconds is to expensive for the spell.

This will probably be the sentiment of many and I hope we do not have endless posts commenting on the fact that it is "too many". I am not at the level to cast it yet, but I think the high price to pay will be worth it, especially in the future (though perhaps not right at this point in the game). We need (IMNSHO) more magic spells and people have been clamoring for them for a while now. We should be happy that the devs have listened and given us more and be grateful for it. It takes time from all the other things they want to implement, not to mention the things others are shouting louder for.

Thank you again devs for adding this.

i think it is a bit to expensive too..

for fighting you already need to save up 100k (crown of life) and then another 100k if you want the tit plate that is coming + new sword.. that's already ~225k, that's like a year of killing monsters for gc O.o

so you have to understand that this is all a bit to expensive. (not to mention all the He's/Sr's magic immune essies and rostogols we need)

but i have to add that it is a great spell ^^

Edited by Hardcore

Does true sight spell reveal hyper bags or will there be another spell for it?

:(:icon13: why would they add a spell to view bags that are suppose to be "gone"..it would defeat the purpose and TBH would turn me off to even using hyper bags

i think it is a bit to expensive too..

for fighting you already need to save up 100k (crown of life) and then another 100k if you want the tit plate that is coming + new sword.. that's already ~225k, that's like a year of killing monsters for gc O.o

so you have to understand that this is all a bit to expensive. (not to mention all the He's/Sr's magic immune essies and rostogols we need)

but i have to add that it is a great spell ^^

0.-... dunno how long you play or what monsters you kill for gc but you can farm like 2k from d.chim/f.chims in no time what so ever, plus you can sell their drops, how ever d.chims drop ele's which are worth less TBH because of the fact that about 2-10 of the top 50 summoners actually summon fluffies/chimms to PK as a majority of the people they are trying to kill can knock out 3-6 chims rather easily before lag + damage gets them, and top 20 can kill 9 fluffies rather easily unless you mass summon fluffies..which as far as ive seen only done 2 times by me. and Minion had his Chims \o/...but to the point ele's are some what worthless drop to sell, and f.chims you can sell the EMP's you could get like 2.5k-4kgc for 10 of them if ur lucky.

its abit worthless spell imo

if u are alone in kf and cast it, no1 goes in cuz they dont see any1 ;/

Or they stay to explore thinking no one is there to attack them :(

i'm wondering.. if you mapchange will the spell still work then? (for example you cast spell mapchange then the spell worn off?)

i'm wondering.. if you mapchange will the spell still work then? (for example you cast spell mapchange then the spell worn off?)

no it stays on. Just like shield and magic immuno :icon13: