Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Invisibility

Tonight I worked at the invisibility spell, which is almost done.

I still have to finish stuff such as making the invisible actors look like a ghost for those with true sight and themselves, make it so you decloak when attacking or casting a spell on someone, and various other tests.

But the preliminary analysis looks promising.

So this spell will be in the game (test server, that is) tomorrow. If the extended tests will be OK, we can have it for the update.

P.S.

It last for 20-30 seconds, and requires 30 essences in total (3*10).

P.P.S. There will be a true sight spell to see invisible entities.

*bow down* you are teh god

Very nice work ;) maybe this could also require the magic nexuse to stop everyone using it

Tonight I worked at the invisibility spell, which is almost done.

I still have to finish stuff such as making the invisible actors look like a ghost for those with true sight and themselves, make it so you decloak when attacking or casting a spell on someone, and various other tests.

But the preliminary analysis looks promising.

So this spell will be in the game (test server, that is) tomorrow. If the extended tests will be OK, we can have it for the update.

P.S.

It last for 20-30 seconds, and requires 30 essences in total (3*10).

P.P.S. There will be a true sight spell to see invisible entities.

great! ;)

Will it work with aggressive NPCs too?

Oops, almost forgot of the animals/monsters. yes, will work with them as well, although some monsters might have true sight.

Monsters with true sight have ethereal......so can they be mana drained? ;)

I think it's a great spell, many uses for it. Just wondering if your own character appears to you as ghost and is truely invisible to other players or does he/she appear as ghost but is not engable?

Also: 20-30 seconds...does it have a "random breaking chance" or does the duration scale with magic level and it's duration mentioned when you cast it?

Edited by RallosZek

Jeez, I knew that you are powerful, but I didn't know you could read minds. I mentioned that I would love an invisibility spell maybe a week ago to a friend, and I was again ranting about too few non-fighting related spells just minutes ago! :-o

I like your implementation plans for this and will surely test it on the test server.Thanks! ;)

I like the idea, but i have 1 concern. How can guard bots protect their maps from invisible invadors?

That's a very valid point...

Maybe bots will have true sight then.

I like the idea, but i have 1 concern. How can guard bots protect their maps from invisible invadors?

That's a very valid point...

Maybe bots will have true sight then.

Just guard bots? Or will ants have it too? Or all bots?

Only entities with ph/co over 200 will get it.

This translates to:

Only bots with p/c over 200 (blessed) will get true sight automatically, correct?

Nice Job - One suggestion though. Make the endurance of the spell level based. As it is now, those with magic level even as high as 70 don't get a lot of advantages to their high level. Perhaps the spell should last longer if you have a higher magic level (but still have a cap on it, like no longer than 2-3 minutes)

Sounds great. Question: Will true sight also be a perk or cape? And, will it be deacivated once you pick up a bag?

It will be level 50 I think. Right now it's level 0 so anyone can test it.

The duration based on the level is not a good idea. If it last more than 30 seconds there are privacy concerns, like going and spying on people and stuff like that.

And no, it will not be a perk or a cape, it's technically impossible (that is, it can be done but would slow things a lot).

Wouldn't level 50 be a little too low? Lots of people are training their magic up to level 49 to have no more restore fails. So a lot of people will be able to cast this spell. In my opinion level 55-60 would fit much better.