Eternal Lands Official Forums
AmberGal

Newbism

Not all newbie's have no manners and are rude i help lots of noobs maybe a lot more player's should for instance i helped a noob once many moons later i ran in to storage during a invasion desperate for matter ess,this player i didnt know them so i thought said hey desdamona here 100 mattter ess free when i was a newbie you helped me :) One good turn deserves ect comes to mind ;)

Edited by desdamona

I have an idea, or rather a challenge - how about we not call them n00bs - being so close to newbie, it's kind of a misnomer.

So, here are a few suggestions for calling them:

bad-mannered, barbarous, boorish, crude, discourteous, graceless, impertinent, impolite, impudent, inconsiderate, insolent, insulting, low, rude, uncivil, uncivilized, uncouth, uncultured, uneducated, ungracious, unmannerly, vulgar

Lets keep it nice and simple..I like :b00r :P

Tigs

Let's just keep calling them n00bs. Nearly every player in every game is called a n00b by someone, and it hasn't damaged them mentally in some way. If you can't handle labeling, and name calling, then you aren't going to survive well in a game or in real life.

read some of the posts, and alot of times why newbies curse is because of SMEG..they see that and say wtf i wrote the word shi* not smeg and so they try diff words, and yea some continue after being asked to stop but to some its funny so they continue because they ASSUME everyone else sees the word smeg. usually i try to help out newbies like directions/how to eat or what not, but as far as actually helping newbies leveling/gc for books n what not i've only helped a few as they eat up money rather fast :\

But some newbies really act stupid and rudely for example yesterday i was on isla prima beam when a newbie called egg[number] (i dont remember the number that came after egg so i cant tell the exact name) started swearing all bad words he knew for fun..when they do that i get angry...so they dont act well everytime. :P

<-- "pro"joe. lol :)

As long as this game dosent get as bad as runescape I will come back when I can :sneaky: well I can now.. but this computer makes the fps on the game for me at 4 because it suks alot.. but soon muahahahaha! soon. :wub:

Ahh I like this...

Well i do belive there is two types of new players as stated before:

1.Thoos who are in need of help and willing to learn

2. the 100% Degaritation- Beging,Whining,Rude,Yelling, Cursing, Kicking,Trading,Screaming,and I say again Beging new player whom wants nothing but items for himself and no help and everything done for him.

#2 Has become the most common new player.

----

But what people dont realize is that we have crafted the #2 New player, by rejecting alot of the #1 new players, thus creating a hostile enviroment in which they result to becoming a #2 New player, So we should stop being such jerks to booth of the kinds, if we deal with #2's As kindly as we do #1's then they will most likely result back to #1. If shown kindness, they inturn result to kindness. but some need an additonal boost thus for enter's the ole' phrase "Treat Others the way you wish to be treated" you all know you've hear that before but do we listen to it? If we did, then there wouldnt be many #2 New players. That Is my simple conclusion as i retired Extreme Newbie helper i used to run out my storage to help the new players with advice and items. maybe a few people even remember a LikeToHelp Character yup that was me. But it became a huge hassle, as keeping that phrase in mind may be, So dose this make me a hypocrit not really, im just takin a vacation lately, and ive' been rather a ass to some new players and others myself dont get me wrong, ill be honest with you, Im one hell of a smartass. But, I still try to lend a helping hand from time to time in memory of thoos who helped me while i was young in this world i was never the begin type, but I received so much help least i could do and so can everyone else is "treat Others the way you were treated" Simple Eh? Then do it!

-Mid

I wouldn't listen to them... They have nothing better to do than put down new people for one Noob is someone who is a lower level than someone weaker or just a plain idiot as I hear it, I guess Noob is supposed to be insultive but really isn't.... newb is like new player that kind of thing...

Just don't worry about it your not a noob, noobs to me are players I really don't care for but I have seen you ingame your very nice to be with, just hang in there :D Keep doing what your doing and get them in PK :D and they will be the noob then :mace:

--Bleuren

Is it just me, or this guy's post makes no sense at all? :blink:

It makes perfect sense when your not in an alternate state of mind....

:evilgrin: that's what happens when you have been away for about a week, well anyways all I am trying to say is just ignore them, they don't know what they are talking about... keep your chin up.