Eternal Lands Official Forums
WiseDwarf

Mute Local Chat Near Storage?

Maybe have a few storages or even all of them muted of local chat? This will stop people from going there and having long drawn out convos in public and will stop people from constantly trying to sell items at storage instead of on the channel.

Any thoughts?

Maybe have a few storages or even all of them muted of local chat? This will stop people from going there and having long drawn out convos in public and will stop people from constantly trying to sell items at storage instead of on the channel.

Any thoughts?

What is wrong with people having long,short, or other conversations at storage?

It gets quite annoying and sometimes impossible to see important pms and igs. Also, why do we need to know what everybody else talks about? No point to it. It is mostly useless information.

It gets quite annoying and sometimes impossible to see important pms and igs. Also, why do we need to know what everybody else talks about? No point to it. It is mostly useless information.
Yeah but if you don't chat, you could become a suspect for macroing, and it passes the time while you make stuff. There is a community focus around storages, in mines etc that makes a large part of the game. Are you saying we shouldn't chat near you? I suggest putting ':' in your ignore list, and waiting while you get banned for ignoring mods.

Yeah but if you don't chat, you could become a suspect for macroing, and it passes the time while you make stuff. There is a community focus around storages, in mines etc that makes a large part of the game. Are you saying we shouldn't chat near you? I suggest putting ':' in your ignore list, and waiting while you get banned for ignoring mods.

If mods suspect you of macroing they will pm you, not local message you.

If mods suspect you of macroing they will pm you, not local message you.
if you ignore the : character you'll miss the PM..

[PM from some_mod: Are you AFK?]

ye i think this is why i got banned for macroing ;[

j/k :confused: anyway if you don't wanna see local chat, just enable tabbed chat and click on the tabs besides local, its a game with people in it you should be able to say "hi atlantis" at storage, or at molgor "haha xanter just got owned again"

I don't like this.... Sometimes if you can't sell on the market channel you can grab them at the storage. I think the #trade command should still go in game....

Maybe in the options somewhere, have a mute local chat box that can be checked? This way it can be turned on and off so that we can only see #gm, pm, channel chat and #ig. And when you move away from the storage, just uncheck the box so you can see local chat again?

just enable tabbed chat and click on the tabs besides local,

With tabbed chat atm you cannot have it so channel chat and gm/ig are there and local chat isnt, can you?

isnt really much point, i only play this game to talk these days.

If you're afraid of missing a PM/GM message just go in console every now and then, the colours do kinda stand out...

communication is what makes us human :confused:

perhaps #ig messages should show up in the guild channel tab, then we can separate local and just listen on guild.

perhaps #ig messages should show up in the guild channel tab, then we can separate local and just listen on guild.

If by guild channel tab you mean #jc guild, no, I think it shouldn't :icon13:

If by guild channel tab you mean the same place where #GM does, it already does B)

I really like to listen to the chat around storages... and i often chat myself too.. i often even make new friends like that.. :icon13:

Yes, what Kylara said :icon13:

I have other solution, don't like chat around storage:

1. Get up your bottom;

2. Press tab;

3. Click as far as possible from any colourful dot (ones that marks NPCs);

4. Being on place press tab again.

No chat at all. Congratulations. Nothing will now disturb your seeing PMs, GMs, IGs, etc. If you're still flooded, leave channels. If to doesn't work, use #ignore.

This is MMORPG, chatting is really very important part of it. You like silence? Go play some offline games.

last time i checked, PM's and stuff show up in whatever active channel your on when using tabbed chat.

just have one tab set to a empty channel and presto...