Eternal Lands Official Forums
Jaxbot

One ban after another, plus a WiFi network macroed?

Ok, so it starts out, me and my friend, Netdude. My brother makes a account and for making his name Dark_Bot_1 gets banned... next Netdude gets banned and the mods refuse to explain why.

Then my brothers new account gets banned for trying to get the mods to release netdude.

And Then: (dun dun dun) they program the server to Macro the WiFi network I use so it will crash when it trys to loggin.

All these happened without warning.

Wow, that's kinda unfair. We are sorry for whatever we did, and please undo what you did.

Edited by Jaxbot

Ok, so it starts out, me and my friend, Netdude. My brother makes a account and for making his name Dark_Bot_1 gets banned... next Netdude gets banned and the mods refuse to explain why.

Then my brothers new account gets banned for trying to get the mods to release netdude.

And Then: (dun dun dun) they program the server to Macro the WiFi network I use so it will crash when it trys to loggin.

Wow, that's kinda unfair. We are sorry for whatever we did, and please undo what you did.

I've yet to see a ban that is without merit. They are proceeded by warnings and rulings. To feign ignorance is to deny responsibility for your actions. And if you refuse to be responsible, why should those that locked you, allow you back in?

And then to say the mods have hacked your WIFI? Dubious at best. Please rethink this post.

First of all, no I meant they banned the WiFi from the server, as-in, IP banning.

Second, there was no warnings.

Twice it happened to me.

This is all I saw: "Disconnected from server

Press ALT-X to exit the game

You were booted by Learner!"

EDIT: almost forgot, first time it was:

"Disconnected from server

Press ALT-X to exit the game

You were booted by Soldus!"

Edited by Jaxbot

You've not been warned of any wrong doing? And you didn't break any rules?

If the mods pull reports to show that you were warned, and thus proving that you were not telling the full truth here, then would they have permission to ban you from the game and it's forums COMPLETELY?

Think about this carefully.

Ok, first of all, my brother brooke the name rule.

I do not belive I got a warning, but with all these "Lite the fire!" spam I can't tell...

but I'm 99% sure.

EDIT: my friend (netdude, he was also banned right then) wants to be free as well, if this turns out right.

Edited by Jaxbot

#Abuse report from ProgDude: netdude was booted and he has no idea why.

#Abuse report from ProgDude: I'm trying to help him since I have a working account.

[PM to ProgDude: you need not do this on abuse report. if you are helping it goes on #help_me]

#Help request from ProgDude: netdude got booted and I'm trying to find out why. Could someone help me?

[PM to ProgDude: its none of your business and you tell him to discuss it on PM with Learner, Ent, or Soldus. ]

[PM to ProgDude: You do not need be involved as its between them]

[PM from ProgDude: you don't understand. He's been booted, so he can't get on. I'm trying to find this out for him to help him. Thanks for the info, though :confused:]

[PM to ProgDude: I do understand. What I am stating is that he can e-mail or PM on forums]

[PM to ProgDude: but we cannot discuss it with you as to why he was booted.]

[PM from ProgDude: Ok, wait. Aren't mods/admin supposed to be nice to people? Your not nice. That's it. I'm quiting this game and along with all my friends unless...]

[PM to ProgDude: ??unless what?]

[PM from ProgDude: message cutout. Unless you and the other admins help me a bit...]

[PM from ProgDude: brb...]

[PM from ProgDude: ok, I'm back]

[PM to ProgDude: ok, so. I already told you that we will not give you the information. It is not any of your business. ]

[PM from ProgDude: I think it is. You have no proof netdude sent a PM, no proof I'm not netdude, and it wouldn't help if you tracked IP cus I'm in a big network and I....]

[PM from ProgDude: reset the IP]

[PM from ProgDude: so speak up, watch this:]

[PM from ProgDude: Ian Preston (5/30/2006 8:39:30 PM): i got b00ted and now icant get back on ;(]

Ok, I admit, I was a little mean then, but what do you expect when your best friend were arested about 5minutes before (no really, but I heard the news then). I am sorry I acted up.

Sorry.

Ok, so it starts out, me and my friend. My brother makes a account and for making his name Dark_Bot_1 gets banned... next my friend gets banned and the mods refuse to explain why.

We had a long discussion about reading the rules, you and I. I'm sorry that you chose to not read the rules and demonstrate that you have the ability to read, understand, and follow them. Per rule, we are not at liberty to discuss why your friend got banned.

Again, per rule we are not going to work through the circumstances, details and any sort of resolution with a friend.

I think you misunderstand the client and how it works. Any of the programmers who have worked with the open source code could without qualification tell you that the client does not work in that way. As a progammer yourself you can look through the open source code and verify that.

When you play the game you explicitly agree to the rules and to be bound by them.

We spoke at length regarding the rules and the need to read and understand them.

The rules themselves and the fact that you MUST accept them in order to play the game are a warning in and of themselves. 'Your brother' was told multiple times by multiple moderators that we could not help 'him' with the situation involving netdude. This was ignored.

I find this comment to be somewhat discouraging. It shows a distinct lack of ownership and personal responsibility for your part in what occurred. It also demonstrates that after all that transpired you do not seem to grasp why or how your actions and your brother's actions led to the consequences that followed.

An apology is nice, but I personally do not find much contrition or genuine remorse on your part given the tone and content of this post.

Asking to 'please undo what you did' does not in any way state what it is you might do to undo what you yourself did to create this situation.

You said that you would answer questions to prove that you could follow the rules but in the time since we spoke your actions have demonstrated that you do not seem to want to follow the rules.

I know I personally have discussed with both of you both player ingame rules AND bot rules. And in both cases I have found you both unfamiliar with them and unwilling to get to know them. And both of you tried to brush me off about it.

As to this comment:

This shows me you have NO clue what you did wrong, NO intention of fixing it or changing your behavior, and really don't care. You both are saying what you think we want to hear to get unbanned.

You know how some of you whine about how "others apologized and got their accounts back!111!!"?

Well all "crimes" are not created equal and all apologies are most definitely not created equal.

I'd ask you both to go over your chatlogs from the past few hours...read back everything you both have said and done, and what the mods have said to you...but I know that's about as likely to happen as...

...well, as you reading the rules.

Just small hint... look also at some screenshot that were posted in forums. Try to remember words being said earlier and then think once again about form of your apologise.

I'm not complaining about getting my brothers accounts back, but I'm trying to help Netdude get his back.

He doesn't know why, and no-one will tell me why, as I learned from previose actions...

now, about the WiFi: I mis-wrote that line. What I meant was the IP of the WiFi network was blocked.

I've gotten lots of messages saying "If you brake a rule, you'll be warned, and then the mods can do whatever they want."

Also, I would be happy to correct all the mistakes,

I am sorry and all I ask is a chance for my friend to correct his mistake.

EDIT: how can you right tones in forums? I'm not good at this.

I'll make this short:

Someone needs to PM Netdude (Dude) and tell him what he did, then discusse it with him.

I truly am sorry.

I'd ask you both to go over your chatlogs from the past few hours...read back everything you both have said and done, and what the mods have said to you...but I know that's about as likely to happen as...

...well, as you reading the rules.

Umm... in that case it's probly very likely, because I did read the rules. Fact is, I forgot _ wasn't in the alphabete, since in JavaScript, it is.

But I am sorry. Very sorry.

Edited by Jaxbot

Ok, so it starts out, me and my friend. My brother makes a account and for making his name Dark_Bot_1 gets banned... next my friend gets banned and the mods refuse to explain why.

We had a long discussion about reading the rules, you and I. I'm sorry that you chose to not read the rules and demonstrate that you have the ability to read, understand, and follow them. Per rule, we are not at liberty to discuss why your friend got banned.

Again, per rule we are not going to work through the circumstances, details and any sort of resolution with a friend.

I think you misunderstand the client and how it works. Any of the programmers who have worked with the open source code could without qualification tell you that the client does not work in that way. As a progammer yourself you can look through the open source code and verify that.

When you play the game you explicitly agree to the rules and to be bound by them.

We spoke at length regarding the rules and the need to read and understand them.

The rules themselves and the fact that you MUST accept them in order to play the game are a warning in and of themselves. 'Your brother' was told multiple times by multiple moderators that we could not help 'him' with the situation involving netdude. This was ignored.

I find this comment to be somewhat discouraging. It shows a distinct lack of ownership and personal responsibility for your part in what occurred. It also demonstrates that after all that transpired you do not seem to grasp why or how your actions and your brother's actions led to the consequences that followed.

An apology is nice, but I personally do not find much contrition or genuine remorse on your part given the tone and content of this post.

Asking to 'please undo what you did' does not in any way state what it is you might do to undo what you yourself did to create this situation.

You said that you would answer questions to prove that you could follow the rules but in the time since we spoke your actions have demonstrated that you do not seem to want to follow the rules.

I am truly sorry and want to correct all this.

Let me know how I can.

I'm good with C++, but does the client acctully store a block on my computer?

If so, that's not exelly legal, but I don't really care anyway :D

I just want to now how to correct my mistake and also someone to contact Dude.

Edited by Jaxbot

I've gotten lots of messages saying "If you brake a rule, you'll be warned, and then the mods can do whatever they want."

I have to comment on this: OMG ROFLMAO!!!!

As if the breaking of a rule makes us ebul gods. Permission to set forth our wrath because someone jay walked.

Let me clue you in on something. We do NOT have permission to do whatever we want. Our actions are monitored just like yours. If we were doing whatever we want, we'd be in just as much trouble as the players who broke the rules in the first place. Believe me, Entropy and Roja do NOT put up with what you suggested.

Yes, I guessed that might happen.

But can't we have another chance, and if we do anything against the rules, we get kicked?

Or if not that, can I at least have the chance to explain what happened to my friends on the game?

Edited by Jaxbot

Yes, I guessed that might happen.

But can't we have another chance, and if we do anything against the rules, we get kicked?

Or if not that, can I at least have the chance to explain what happened to my friends on the game?

You were already told (as shown in the PM logs) that your friend had to contact the Mods invovled, Myself or Soldus being best. You WILL NOT be getting anymore information about him here AS WE HAVE BEEN REPEATEDLY TELLING YOU!

Not about him, about me.

The WiFi network changed there IP and I'm still blocked.... in this case there must be a block file on my computer.

Now... that's not really legal and so please tell me how to undo this. You didn't have permission to do this so hereby I can force you to fix this problem :D

Ok, fine, I'm joking, I wouldn't file a law-suit, but still, I would like my computer unblocked.

Not about him, about me.

The WiFi network changed there IP and I'm still blocked.... in this case there must be a block file on my computer.

Now... that's not really legal and so please tell me how to undo this. You didn't have permission to do this so hereby I can force you to fix this problem :blink:

Ok, fine, I'm joking, I wouldn't file a law-suit, but still, I would like my computer unblocked.

There is no block file on your computer, we simply responded to your comment that you could change your IP over a wide range and we wouldn't be able to keep you out. As you noticed, you were horribly wrong.

Ok, then I'm sorry.

But when will my IP be unbanned?

LOL, to prove I "obey the rules" I hearby promise to repect the rules of EL. :blink:

EDIT: also, could you please unban my brothers account, ProgDude? Me and him promise to obey. PLEASEEE!??

Edited by Jaxbot

Hmm? no block file?

i think not.

Heres why:

When i log in as netdude, nothing happenes. no server message, nothing. when i log in as netdud(took off the e), i get a YOU_DONT_EXIST. Therefore i can almost proove a block file exists. now i just have to search my computer.

C:/WINDOWS/?

Really hidden folders?

but its a multi-platofrm game. therefore, it is most likely in a place all platforms have. <install dir>? prehaps dedguised as a ELM?

where to search..where to search..

Edited by Dude

Hmm? no block file?

i think not.

Heres why:

When i log in as netdude, nothing happenes. no server message, nothing. when i log in as netdud(took off the e), i get a YOU_DONT_EXIST. Therefore i can almost proove a block file exists. now i just have to search my computer.

Really hidden folders?

but its a multi-platofrm game. therefore, it is most likely in a place all platforms have. <install dir>? prehaps dedguised as a ELM?

where to search..where to search..

While your at it ... why dont you just take a look at the source code for the client?? What you're trying is a good example of why NOT to use a block file. Besides, we handled NetDude differently then JaxBot/GameDude so you'd have a chance to correct your problem.

Really hidden folders?

There is no block file, and attempting to find a (non-existant) way to circumvent a block certainly isn't helping you get unbanned. (Here's a quick hint - bots can be banned too. What client you're using makes no difference. Rulebreaking, however, does.)

I see. its a block file. just not onmy computer. on YOURS(The server).

Darn :confused: .

LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Edited by Dude

Wait... you banned banned a account named JaxBot and another named GameDude? GameDude isn't one of my accounts.

Anyway, can I be let back in? Please? I'm sorry I've been annoying.

Ok.... wait.

So here's what happened: My brother makes a account called "Dark_Bot_1" and it's deleted for using a invaild name.

Then my brothers new account gets banned (ProgDude) for annoying the mods.

But how come my account doesn't work? It never did anything.

EDIT: it may be importent to say this: I have like 7 computers, so anyone could get on EL and do something, even if it's not my fault. Also, my forum account for some reason isn't logging out, and I think some of these posts might be from my brother.... not sure though. I'll check.

Ok... the one above I'm possitive is fake. Next time I'll press logout :whistle:

Edited by Jaxbot

But how come my account doesn't work? It never did anything.

Hmmm...Never did anything wrong???

Ok, I admit, I was a little mean then, but what do you expect when your best friend were arested about 5minutes before (no really, but I heard the news then). I am sorry I acted up.

While you are stewing about this, why not read your chat logs and all chat logs pretaining to this matter and review the tone you use on the forum as well. You will see that you have done plenty wrong, regardless of who's account you were on at the time.