Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Infamous

Players lenght

Actually, if there is such command it should be limited to once per game. You cannot change your height in life just like this, unless you cut your feet.

I agree that -10% looks nice, but as Roja stated - it's not possible.

Edited by Vanyel

Guest Trojan_Knight

IF, it could be limited. Such as you can only use that command once/week, or month...I'm not sure that's possible. But we can't have peopel constantly doing it every few seconds, or minutes for that matter.

It would SEEM to me that if we can limit the #save command so it's not used to often, we could also put limits on a #change_size command. Although, I don't see any reason why it would need to be limited to once a week or longer. But once an hour, with connecting also re-setting the counter (just as it does for #save) would keep its usage down just fine.

Also, in terms of the looks and the limit to +/- 5%. My impression is that smaller sizes look ok, it's just the larger size that look poor. Could the limits be +5% and -10% (or more)?

yes they look good, maybe the smaller sizes can stay?

I think for fairness for everyone. The way things have turned out are fair. The +/- 5% on both the positive and negative side of avg size. Is still different then before this thread was begun. So I feel that both sides of the fence are great as they are. Although larger and smaller sizes are not available or possible. I still find the current to be new and better then was before the length change possiblity. Overall, Im satisfied with the outcome.

Regards

TK

EDITED: Run on sentence that I found, corrected on my post.

Edited by Trojan_Knight

When there is a 5% delta, and users can change their size themselves (without paying or anything) there will be eventually three groups: -5%, 0% and +5%.

My best bet would be: calculate a size-shift for every existing character and apply it. Also: do not touch the creation process, but apply a size-shift directly after creation on every new character.

Just thinking out loud...

Those spells sound good by the way...

(by the way: average size here: 1.75m. I'm considered tall at 2.00m. At 1.50m, one is considered small. So the delta is roughly 28.5%. More is possible, but very uncommon. Now, let's say you are tall (and broad and muscled, if you wish). Shrink yourself (use Photoshop) by just 12%... :rolleyes: doesn't look "natural". Size is usually a tad more affected by legs opposed to the body, so Roja is absolutely right)

Shrink yourself (use Photoshop) by just 12%... :rolleyes: doesn't look "natural". Size is usually a tad more affected by legs opposed to the body, so Roja is absolutely right)

Yeah, I'm just a freak. I'm 185cm (6'2") and my brother is 195cm (6'6"), however when we sit next to each other I'm 5cm (2") taller. My upper body is far longer than his. As mentioned "usually" the legs are what affect height so much. His legs are just stupidly long. :-P

Yeah, I'm just a freak. I'm 185cm (6'2") and my brother is 195cm (6'6"), however when we sit next to each other I'm 5cm (2") taller. My upper body is far longer than his. As mentioned "usually" the legs are what affect height so much. His legs are just stupidly long. :-P

Wow, and I thought I am tall :P (1.92)