Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Pre update test

We are ready for a pre update test, and we ask as many people as possible to participate, but only those with the technical knowledge to do so. If you do not have that knowledge, please do not test it. If anyone reports bugs that are the result in their lack of following instructions, they will be permanently banned from the test server.

Here are the steps:

1. Copy your el directory somewhere else, under a different name, something like el_update_test_1

2. Download the update zip from: http://www.eternal-lands.com/update_05_29-2006.zip

3. Unzip its content in the new directory, in such a manner so that it will replace some of the files.

4. In el.ini set it to conenct to port 2001

If you do not understand or can't follow the instructions, please do NOT attempt to participate in this test. Please do not ask questions either.

Then execut el.exe from that new directory.

The Linux users should do the same thing, but compile their client from the CVS, and use that binary instead.

Now, here are some info about the update: This is a pre test, so not all the things are supposed to work. For example, the new swords and armor have a very low price, so that people can buy and test them. Once we move closer to the update date, we will set the right prices.

Please test the new maps, the swords and armors,a nd report if there are any map bugs, or various other problems. Report those bugs here, in this thread. NOT in the bug reports forum.

Questions?

I can go from Aeth Aelfan to Egratia Point but once in Egratia Point I cannot return back to Aeth Aelfan using that enterence.

I get a "Get closer" message but I am practically standing on the sign.

[This works for me, it's possible that the correct map wasn't in this pack however.]

Edited by Roja

Azaghal castle (In Zirakinbar)[216,179]ish The blood flickers in spots

Azaghal castle [231,186] Here, when you veiw the doorway from the north, everything looks normal. When viewed from the south, a wall appears.

bug016yx.th.jpg

((I'll hunt more tomorrow, g'night.))

Edited by Dunian

On the test server the cave between Nordcarn and Tarsengard is PK.. But perhaps it is supposed to be again like it was a couple of months ago?

Also the fence around Idaloran Cemetary is harvestable but i cant find it in the harvestable.lst file. (I cant harvest the fence but the harvest icon appears). (Just found out this is also the case on the main server with CVS client)

The banner in south-west Kusamura says; "please walk closer to the sign." I dont know witch banner it is, its one of the new, with a dragon above a red roses field :whistle:

Edited by Gravito

in the Pl tit mines, theres a blueish rock; (172,45)

when you go over it with the cursor it gives a harvest symbol. It dont say what it is tho, with the eye-icon.

And no..its not harvestable..

Jez

hi i found particles in the water, dunno if they are supposed to be there

Zirakinbar 335,132

zirakinbar3wr.th.png

strange looking gargoyle

Azaghal Castle 216,175

gargoyle7ey.th.png

Edited by the_voice

On the Aeth Aelfan map the Quarters of Lord Milesp & Lady Shallara appears to have a one way door.. can enter without a problem.. cannot exit. coords 'Inside a building 29,77 '

We are ready for a pre update test, and we ask as many people as possible to participate...

Please test the new maps, the swords and armors, and report if there are any map bugs, or various other problems. Report those bugs here, in this thread. NOT in the bug reports forum.

Questions?

The update went smoothly enough.

To make our testing more efficient- can you post a list of things you want tested, exactly? Where are the new swords and armors available? Which map are new, and what's the best way to get there (i.e.: from portal room, frm bethel, etc.) Some hints on what you want banged on will get us banging faster....

Also- does this update make any changes to the client-server protocol that you could imagine would break bots?

scafativ

273,210 in Aeth Aelfan, the bridge you can only walk in 1 tile across and you walk straight across (through) the bridge...also...i mentioned it on channel 1 thne server went bye bye :>

Irriniveron. [178,660]

The boat has a bugged heightmap. The banner also doesn't work, not sure if that's a bug though.

[fixed]

Palon Vertas. [43,365]

The Palon Vertas Magic School doesn't work, even though it gives the entrance message. It also says "Um... You can't teleport, there's no nearby open location"

[Problem found, will be fixed]

Palon Vertas Escape Tunnels. [100,13]

The ladders don't work even though it gives the entrance message. It also says "Um... You can't teleport, there's no nearby open location"

[fixed]

Bethel. [108,113]

The titanium serpent sword is somehow rotated in a wrong way. Screen shot here.

Morcraven Marsh. [151,356]

The entrance to Jayden's Temple isn't responding. I have no idea why.

- Sistema Silverwish.

(thx to teh help from brain :D )

Edited by Acelon

Arius 78x149, can walk through the fence and tree

[fixed]

Arius insides food harvestable:

250,48, 284x33

Aeth Aelfan

271x263 : can walk into building

Wyrmgoth Underground

64x130 walk into wall

Aeth Small Cave

20x26, click on door, message; The door wont budge (text color changes)

Zarik Cave

39x32: can walk on air (may not be a bug)

Edited by Roja

Zirakinbar [69,161], [75,168], [186,217] Flickering.

Zirakinbar Blacksmith School [307,163] You can walk through some ore here.

Zirakinbar [219,217] You have to use the USE pointer to open the door (The door pointer won't appear)

Zirakinbar Zirakinbar's Harbor [266,96], [276,109] Flickering.

Zirakinbar [60,245] You can stand in a obolisk here, and a little of the surrounding rock is standinable too.

Zirakinbar's Insides [338,87] The crystal balls flicker

Zarik Cave [78,38]ish Alot of the path flickers.

Edited by Dunian

Zirakunda's Insides [130,32] Door doesn't work.

Arius magic school [133,155]

door not enterable

said that you are too far away from the door

Arius Caves [39,251]

Cave not enterable

"You are too far away from the exit"

Edited by brain

Morcraven Marsh [151,358] You can stand in a block of stone

[fixed]