Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bleuren

Buddy List

I went to pm CelticLady (Clicking on her name on my list and manully type her name it is telling me she is offline when she is online

fdd2jd.jpg

There is a screenshot of it.

There is a bug sometimes where when you "connect without disconnecting", it puts you twice, so once you sign off, once of them still remains.

Actually I was (may still be) haveing some problems with either my internet connection or the client yesturday and that may have contributed to the problem. One friend told me I was showing up on his buddy list 3 times at once.

I don't know if I'm still having issues or not, or exactly what it is from.

Lol, I guess it's a well known glitch then, Thanks for that information it helped me out a bit.

This can happen if someone is fighting and they grue, while they're fighting they remain in the game (no logout message) but you can't PM them.

Lol, I guess it's a well known glitch then, Thanks for that information it helped me out a bit.

This can happen if someone is fighting and they grue, while they're fighting they remain in the game (no logout message) but you can't PM them.

That's pretty much what was happening. I was pvp'ing and would get disconnected from the server and have to reboot my system to be able to log back on. Happened 3 times before I got tired of it and decided to give up for the night. That is probably why I was showing up 3 times on my pvp partners list. It's been fine since that day so I don't really know why it was happening.

I think the server eventually realizes that you're not logged on, and the buddy disappears.

Jajohn with Windows XP had similar problem. Buddy list show 2 players or any adding or deleting one, and one was disconnected.

His buddy list had an erratic malfunction and he was trying #clear_buddy command and one buddy entry remains. Reboot was solve the issue.

Maybe a workaround can be initialize buddy list when open buddy window.