Eternal Lands Official Forums
Acelon

Draia News ((Teasers for the next update))

Savage Species Sprouts up

Rumor has occurred that a tall, lion-like monster has been sprouting up in areas around Irilion. Scientists have been able to capture one, and revealed they are a very intelligent species. A shocking surprise is that it is closely related to the Feran. Everyone is warned to approach these creatures with caution, they can be very violent and carry around deadly spears.

~The Association of Scribes and Scholars~

Blacksmiths craft new style of equipment!

Due to a recent amount of copper veins being found, blacksmiths have been researching to use this ore to create a new type of armor. After much experimenting, they discovered a new material, and created new armors and a sword. Specifics for this armor is still unknown, but will be made clear soon.

An Eruption of Visitors to North Redmoon

After a team of excavators cleared the rock-covered path to North Redmoon, flocks of Orchans went to visit the location, not only to visit family and friends but also to pay their respects at the sacred volcano. Once an extremely active volcano, it now appears to be dormant. Young Orchans of Redmoon take the Right of Passage and climb to the top of the volcano alone when they are ready to be considered an adult. A legend has also been released to us, which can be found here.

Lustra went to visit North Redmoon, but chose not to climb to the top of the volcano just yet. Instead, she lurked in the village at the base of the volcano, viewing what it had to offer.

NorthRedmoon.jpg

Lustra looking at the different parts of this Orchan village.

Edited by Acelon

Irilion Expedition complete!

After many months of exploration, our representatives on Irilion have been informed all known areas of Irilion have been opened for all to come and go as they please. Lustra and Captain Gaildren will still keep everyone informed on new discoveries occurring. They both would like to thank everyone for their help with the discoveries, and have created a memory image to share with you all!

collage.jpg

Edited by Acelon

Luxin, Nyeald and Kalana establish new law!

After a regular monthly meeting to speak about the happenings around Seridia, these three rulers have outlawed fighters in a few select areas. In Desert Pines, the arena only allows those with an attack or defense of 40 or lower, while the arena in Naralik Catacombs will only allow those with an attack or defense of 60 or lower. Those attempting to break the laws will be brought up to trial in front of these three leaders.

Lustra's homecoming brings more to our realm!

Now that the Irilion Expedition is over, Lustra has returned to the Tarsengaard Magic School. After spending some time back in the library, she found an advanced spell that could be cast upon an area, which allowed magic-only training without the chance of physical violence. Grandmaster Jerun has decided to use this spell to its full advantage, and with the help of Lustra, cast this zone upon an area of the Garden. They will start spreading this spell across the lands at a later time.

Edited by Acelon

Portland Boating Service Expands

Nyeald, in coalition with the mages of the Tarsengaard Magic School, established a new sea route between Portland and Tarsengaard. They hope that travelers will find this new path useful and it will be a very popular way to Tarsengaard.

Edited by Acelon

Explorers Uncover a Piece of Tirnym's Past!

Local treasure hunters received an anonymous tip that there may be a hidden treasure buried in the Ruins of Tirnym. After searching for weeks, one dwarf struck "gold" when she uncovered a door buried in the graveyard. After grabbing a group of explorers, they pried open the doors and found themselves in what appeared to be an ancient crypt.

Neru rushed over to the scene, and met with officials from the Tirnym Magic School. They are supervising the excavation of this ancient tomb, and are hoping not to uncover any ancient guardians that may be lurking within.

TirnymCrypt.jpg

Neru found Elvish written on some of the ruins in the crypt. He sent a mental image of an area called "The Inner Sanctum", which was translated from the Elvish he uncovered.

Edited by Acelon

Magic is in the Air!

Using the spell that Lustra discovered a few months ago, the Tirnym and Naralik Magic School, run by Grandmaster Rivena, now have the magic training zone spell cast upon their schools. All magic users are invited to train in these areas, with minimal risk involved.

White Stone Palace Open for Visitors!

Lord Luxin has finally decided to revoke the rules his father set about commoners in the palace, and opened up the palace for the public to explore.

"It feels great that I can finally undo a wrong that my father once caused. There still are other things I hope to fix, but this is just a small step towards my future goals," Luxin said when interviewed by Neru.

Lord Luxin also sent out a warning to all those who enter.

"There are secrets in the castle that not even I know of. Be careful where you step, who knows what my father has hidden inside these walls".

After Neru interviewed Lord Luxin, he took a look around and sent an exclusive mental image of the lifestyle that Luxin experiences.

wscpalace.jpg

Neru in White Stone palace.

Edited by Acelon

wow very cool.

I am wondering what The Association of Scribes and Scholars is exactally. I can tell it involves the art of story-telling, which is awesome.

I like the new updates.

Katriel~ Crown

I am wondering what The Association of Scribes and Scholars is exactally. I can tell it involves the art of story-telling, which is awesome.

It was a name I just basically pulled out of a hat when I needed a name for some sort of medieval news agency to announce the Expedition to Irilion. In a sense, the Association is an in-game metaphor for what I wanted the Storylines Forum to be. Scribes and scholars were the logical information gatherers and distributors of their time, so I thought it would make sense, but you can tell that I didn't put enough thought into it when you consider what the acronym of the Association of Scribes and Scholars turns out to be. :)

-Lyn-

Edited by Lyanna

Tirnym Explorers Go Missing!

Many of the excavators involved with the Tirnym crypt project have begun to disappear. The entire crypt has been revealed, and the Tirnym Magic School thinks they know what might be the cause of these disappearances.

Grandmaster Rivena delivers this message to all citizens.

"A possible problem might have been unveiled within the crypt, and myself and the mages of the Tirnym Magic School have put a magic barrier around what we believe is the problem. We will do some further research, and let everyone know if we discover what has happened to the missing people."

Edited by Acelon

A Terror Lurks...

Aeth Aelfan citizens have been reporting recently that a monster wreaks havoc somewhere within their boundaries. Those whom say they have seen the creature up close cannot coherently describe this "monstrosity." Within the inconsistent babbling, most have two things in common. They speak of a great darkness of disproportional feats and an evil, glaring gaze.

Edited by Acelon

It was a name I just basically pulled out of a hat when I needed a name for some sort of medieval news agency to announce the Expedition to Irilion. In a sense, the Association is an in-game metaphor for what I wanted the Storylines Forum to be. Scribes and scholars were the logical information gatherers and distributors of their time, so I thought it would make sense, but you can tell that I didn't put enough thought into it when you consider what the acronym of the Association of Scribes and Scholars turns out to be. :)

-Lyn-

haha :D

Thanks, I was wondering because I love stories. I'm sort of addicted. The Association interested my storytelling side. :medieval:

Who writes these plots? They seem witty.

Anyway, again thanks for answering me.

Katriel~ Crown

Edited by Katriel

haha :devlish:

Thanks, I was wondering because I love stories. I'm sort of addicted. The Association interested my storytelling side. :D

Who writes these plots? They seem witty.

Anyway, again thanks for answering me.

Katriel~ Crown

The Draia News or the actual game storylines?

I was more interested in the actual history not only Draia news, but I am not sure if this is the thread. I have read quite a few threads here; however, I have not adjusted completely :)

I find it very cool that a free game online would have such an in-depth storyplot. Kudos to everyone who has participated.

Katriel~ Crown

Edited by Katriel

New Beast Roams the Land!

Officials from Palon Vertas have reported coming across a large feline-type creature. First reports stated that a discolored and alternate version of the Feran, but it is now believed to be a new creature sent down by the Gods. It appears to be stronger and more viscious than the Feran. If anyone happens to come across this creature to immediately notify a local biologist.

Edited by Acelon

White Stone receives divine aid!

Aluwen feels that the citizens of White Stone need rewarded for being devout followers. As such, she plans on blessing the region, in hopes its beauty will increase dramatically. Followers of Aluwen praise the benevolence of their goddess, and anticipate that this will convince others to follow the teachings of Aluwen.

Naralik Magic School develops magic mask!

After years of tedious tests and trials, the Naralik School of Magic has released a night-vision mask to be distributed globally. The magic channeled into this mask allows its user’s vision to penetrate the darkness in a more effective fashion.

The Temple of Darkness opens…

News from Willowvine has been received, and an ancient sacrificial temple has uncovered. There is no immediate danger within, but appears there is a dark magic maintaining the temple. Visitors are advised to proceed with caution.

Jasla heard about the reopening of the temple, and went to have a look of her own. She shares with you a mental image from within.

83d63171.jpg

Jasla crossing the bridge of lost souls.

New Lands discovered?

Today, the mages of the Tarsengaard Magic School received a mental image from an unknown source in an unknown location. After researching, it does not match any current areas known to the school. If anyone has information as to where this image came from, they are urged to contact Grandmaster Jerun. He shares the mental image with the public in hopes it will solve the mystery.

9e394a35.jpg

The Mysterious Mental Image.

Edited by Acelon