Eternal Lands Official Forums
Jaxbot

Bot questions...

Hi, I have a few questions that need to be answered.

1. Would I have to pay to have about 7 bots, in my guild, that basicly talk, DONT TRADE/STORE, and if allowed, walk around.

2. How long will it take get a bot declared? Does it have to pass a stability test? I have a bot that is 99.9% bug free, and if it encounters a bug I'll shut him down imedently, but I need it approved of soon, because I don't want to keep the person I made it for waiting too long :)

Thanks!

1. Would I have to pay to have about 7 bots, in my guild, that basicly talk, DONT TRADE/STORE, and if allowed, walk around.

2. How long will it take get a bot declared? Does it have to pass a stability test? I have a bot that is 99.9% bug free, and if it encounters a bug I'll shut him down imedently, but I need it approved of soon, because I don't want to keep the person I made it for waiting too long :)

Thanks!

The only bots that currently require payment are those that trad ein any form (ie whether for profit or not)

Walking around is questionable, and would need specific approval for whatever its reason to walk would be.

Afte a bot is approved and thoroly tested on the test server you can use it on the main server. If it does cause a problem then in general it gets barred fro the ain server till the problem is solved (assuming the problem is on non alicious intent) It is however your responsability to ensure the code is stable enough for the main server.

7 bots and walking sounds very unusual to me, and where I DONT make the approval deciions, If you posted more info about their purpose I may be able to give you an indication of the likly decision.

Only bot of yours I currently seen on the aprovals list (rejected) is NetWizard (more info needed for acceptance reconsideration)

Basically approval time varies, but the more info you give in the application, the easier it is for admins to decide. (easier == quicker)

Thanks!

You need to file a bot application for each bot with specific details such as exactly what it is going to do and why, where exactly it will be located (map and coords) and it needs to be made first and tested FIRST and be bug free on the test server before anybody will look at it to approve it for main server. You are not allowed to have anything on that bot that isn't declared in the application. Vague applications will be rejected.

First of all, I messed up when posting the appliation for Netwizard.

Second, I just thought it would be fun to have them wonder around the place :icon4:

It won't trade/store. The point of the bot is just to give jokes and info to players :)

Another question: Are bots allowed to give players directions? Like tell them where to find flower patchs and stuff?

No, not publicly.

Ok... wait. How come players can do some much things that bots can't?
because... they're players?

more importantly, how come bots can do things players should be doing? is this a game for bots/scripts/macros, or people? (which is also your answer)

Ok... wait. How come players can do some much things that bots can't?
A bot would flood the market with items if it were allowed to manufacture, destroying the market.

A bot wouldn't get bored of mining after 3 hours and stop, and therefore could sell 1 million ores, destroying the market.

Just two reasons, but they should lead you to come up with plenty of your own.

If you could code a bot to do anything that makes money (a simple and quick one would be mine sulfur, harvest red roses and red snapdragons, buy feasting potions, make fire essence, sell the fire essence to the NPC) in no time at all the bot would be rich, and therefore the owner of the bot would be rich.

This game makes players strive to be better/richer/have better items, and as such botting would take that need away. Leave it running for a week and be on the top of whichever table you choose.

In short: Bots are an addition to the game, not a way to play the game.

edit: Removed blank lines

Edited by LabRat

Ok... please answer these questions one by one:

1. Can bots walk around?

2. Can bots be in guilds?

3. Are bos effected by solor flares?

1. Can bots walk around?

1) The ants walk around, so if you get clearance from on high then yes.

2) Yes.

3) Bots sometimes lose packets and become bos when *solar* flares happen, then get disconnected from server. I have never heard of a solor flare, but maybe it is when the sun changes color*

*Americanisation to fit the flow of the answer. I spell it colour, so does most of the English speaking world.

Edited by LabRat

1. Can bots walk around?

1. Permission to move around is required and potential for abuse prevents other things to be used with moving. Thats why trade bots need to be at specific locations, while others like Wandering Fool were approved.

2. Yes, and being flagged as an official bot also makes sure that it has harvest up high enough to join a guild.

3. Some of the special days dont affect bots, like solar flares and acid rain. Other days do affect bots, like when scotty leaves for the day.

Ok, thanks.

Well.... could Kailomonkey's bot or Jaxbot's bot walk around (see register your bot)?

They don't trade, nor store anything. Yet again... there's not so much of a point in them walking around, but I thought it might be cool :P

Anyway, in that case, could you (or whoever does it) approve Jaxbot's and Kailomonkey's bot?

Thanks!

1) 7 bots? O.o, but if they dont trade, no.

if they DO trade:

$100 for 506 or 504 p/c, and permission for it. YOU CANNOT USE THIS BOT TO FIGHT AFTER YOU PAY FOR THIS. just a note :omg:

OR

$20 for no bonus, but you can use it.

2) it has to be bug free, and not spam peoples screens with 'Kalis Was eaten my a grue(Lagged Out)!'

3) whats with your siggie? thats still W.I.P, we decided not to use it.