Eternal Lands Official Forums
Net_man

Any ideas for new bot functions?

hi, i have this bot that does..er...nothing. well, he does a BIT:

name ideas too :)

o_0 PMs people(with PM <user> <msg> command)

o_0 Tells statistics(# of logins, time online, etc.)

o_0 sits/stands on command

o_0 Moves

o_0 Talks in channels,local,GM,PM,ig

o_0 Posts his ad(defined in ad.txt)

:) lists Admins

:) Tells you about him, and the guild

:) gives random facts(on request, PM)

:) tells a joke every once in a while or by command

key:

:) = anyone

:D = idea posted here

o_0 = Admins

so i have that, but its kinda BORING. any ideas for st00f he could do?

also, please no donation/trade/etc. ideas, as i dont want to pay for him.

{Note: this is MY thread, not jaxbot's, its MY BOT, not Jaxbots. PM my bot(netwizzie) INFO..youll see..}

{Note: hes on test server alot, his names netWizzie, and hes at beam}

THANKS!!

Edited by Dude

Ok, just so you know, this is also MY bot ;) (Dude and Me our working togher)

I'm not sure I understod that last post...

oh well.

Ok, since this is my bot too, I'll use the same key as you :icon13:

[COMING SOON!]o_O List talkers -- So you can see how much people use the bot.

[COMING SOON!]:( Give -- List below

Help

Tip

Fortune

That's all I can think of so far.

Any other ideas would be nice :)

oops... forgot to disable smilies

Fortune is useless but fun, the format of the files are simple, they are just plain text with fortunes seperated by a line containing a single '%', just get the source of the fortune-mod from debian or another linux distro for a good collection.

on [guild tag] parses the online list and then processes guild tags to see who is online in that guild, it is something that can get quite complex as you need to store everyones guild tags, this requires that your bot processes EnhancedActors (for name and guild tags) which can get complex and it helps if it sits somewhere resonably high traffic to watch for names.

stats/skills [name] parses the stats pages, this can get complex but not as bad as online, it requires quite a bit of processing to get the parameters but it is something usefull

Hey, would a Mail Bot, like you chat to him and tell him to deliver something from a shop, have to be a paid bot?

I guess it's the same thing as a trade bot anyway.

Hey, would a Mail Bot, like you chat to him and tell him to deliver something from a shop, have to be a paid bot?

I guess it's the same thing as a trade bot anyway.

Search, this idea has been discussed before. (Delivery supply bots)

Edit: I'm wondering if you guys even read the bot rules, here's just a few of them a delivery supply bot would break:

3. The only bots that are allowed to buy and sell now are paid bots.

4. Trade bots cannot be in range of any storage.

5. Bots that serve their master in a way such as muling are illegal (see the rules for multiplaying).

6. Bots cannot be stationed in range of harvestable items. They must be far enough way so that they

cannot harvest from where they are standing.

9. Commerce bots have to be stationary, with a few exceptions (such as going to the storage every once in a while, or some bots going to resuply, if an exception is made in their case).

how about a bot that you could play wheel of fortune with on a channel. I don't know if it's possable because the only thing I have ever programed is HTML. The winner could maybe get a small prize or something.

Yes, it's possible. I'd learn PHP if I were you, it's pretty cool after using HTML :)

Back to the point: It would have to be paid, though.

Yes, it's possible. I'd learn PHP if I were you, it's pretty cool after using HTML :P

Back to the point: It would have to be paid, though.

If your in a large guild if everybody pays some money $100 would seem like nothing even in a small guild....

how about a bot that you could play wheel of fortune with on a channel. I don't know if it's possable because the only thing I have ever programed is HTML. The winner could maybe get a small prize or something.

Thanks. ill think of implementing something like this..

GRR!!!! i TOLD you to keep our site closed until its done!! it gives people a bad impression of our guild!!!!!!!!

Edited by Dude

Thanks. ill think of implementing something like this..

GRR!!!! i TOLD you to keep our site closed until its done!! it gives people a bad impression of our guild!!!!!!!!

Ok, first of all, sorry. Second, that's offtopic. Third, you didn't tell me :P

Anyway, I've seen worse LOL

Search, this idea has been discussed before. (Delivery supply bots)

Edit: I'm wondering if you guys even read the bot rules, here's just a few of them a delivery supply bot would break:

3. The only bots that are allowed to buy and sell now are paid bots.

4. Trade bots cannot be in range of any storage.

5. Bots that serve their master in a way such as muling are illegal (see the rules for multiplaying).

6. Bots cannot be stationed in range of harvestable items. They must be far enough way so that they

cannot harvest from where they are standing.

9. Commerce bots have to be stationary, with a few exceptions (such as going to the storage every once in a while, or some bots going to resuply, if an exception is made in their case).

acording to 3 they can't buy or sell. the bot for the game isn't buying and he isn't selling because he doesn't get anything back. The definition of sell acording to http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sell is.....

1. To exchange or deliver for money or its equivalent.

2. To offer for sale, as for one's business or livelihood: The partners sell textiles.

3. To give up or surrender in exchange for a price or reward: sell one's soul to the devil.

4. To be purchased in (a certain quantity); achieve sales of: a book that sold a million copies.

a.To bring about or encourage sales of; promote: Good publicity sold the product.

b.To cause to be accepted; advocate successfully: We sold the proposal to the school committee.

c.To persuade (another) to recognize the worth or desirability of something: They sold me on the idea.

The right defenition in this case would be 1 and your not getting money or its equivalent

Edited by auror

tell him to deliver something from a shop,

Errr how is this bot going to get something from this shop? And how is the player "hiring" it going to pay for the items? If that isn't buying and selling, what exactly is?

The player would have to give the bot gc for the item, and the item would have to be "bought" from the shop by the bot...

the shop idea you would have to pay for but for the wheel of fortune you wouldn't like i said above.....

Too bad you quoted the mail bot/shop idea then...

cmoon people

Hes still kinda lacking features, though i still havent implemented insult browser or GameShow.

i dont know how i'd do gameshow, though, id have to use a seprate thread(impossible in PHP).

Hey, would I have to pay for a bot that makes money?

Ok, more detail:

I was thinking about making a bot that hosts a gameshow. Then people would pay ME money to join the gameshow and etc. It wouldn't trade, buy, or sell, but doesn't it count as Illgeal muiltiplaying?

EDIT: It wouldn't trade. Typo.

Edited by Jaxbot

Hey, would I have to pay for a bot that makes money?

Ok, more detail:

I was thinking about making a bot that hosts a gameshow. Then people would pay ME money to join the gameshow and etc. I wouldn't trade, buy, or sell, but doesn't it count as Illgeal muiltiplaying?

have you even read the bot rules? seriously... there's like 4-5 copies of them in the obvious places, they're not hard to find

any bot that trades, at all, must be paid for.

bots can't be used for muling and such, but paid-for trade bots can make you as much money as you can manage, through marketting, games, whatever, that's been done many times before

Have you even read my post? heh heh, joking.

The bot wouldn't trade, people would trade with me. The bot would only be the host of the show.

And yes, I have read the rules, I was just checking to find out for sure.

If you are still after something a bot could do but no bot does... how about a book prerequisite bot. You PM the name of a book and it returns everything you need to know before that. Would be a hit with all the book readers out there.