Eternal Lands Official Forums
stewbaby

Zit is Banned!

I have two main chars, Zit and Stewbaby. These I have played for over 2 years now, and never multiplayed.

I made other chars, that a few months ago I decided to destroy. As I was not in a guild with other folks, and I had gained the goods legally with all my own effort, I had to take a chance to transfer the stuff to my "real" chars before I destroyed them.

Problem is... my other throwaway chars have been banned, and I can't destroy them... neither can I use Zit any more.

Please respect that I have been within the rules for so long and I know I did wrong but I did it to avoid overloading teh server with useless chars.

Please re-instate Zit.

Thanx

Edited by stewbaby

I have two main chars, Zit and Stewbaby. These I have played for over 2 years now, and never multiplayed.

I made other chars, that a few months ago I decided to destroy. As I was not in a guild with other folks, and I had gained the goods legally with all my own effort, I had to take a chance to transfer the stuff to my "real" chars before I destroyed them.

Problem is... my other throwawayh chars have been banned, and I can't destroy them... neither can I use Zit any more.

Please respect that I have been within the rules for so long and I know I did wrong but I did it to avoid overloading teh server with useless chars.

Please re-instate Zit.

Thanx

You aren't permitted to transfer things between your different character, that is part of illegal multiplaying. So, your alternate characters were locked.

Just a question..

Would dropping a bag with 1 char, logging off and getting it with another count as Illigal Multi too? :)

If you was only on 1 character at a time.

Edited by ManHunT

Just a question..

Would dropping a bag with 1 char, logging off and getting it with another count as Illigal Multi too? :)

If you was only on 1 character at a time.

If the stuff of charA ends in the storage of charB being both chars under your control, it does not matter the way you used. You could also give it to a friend and then that friend give it back to you under another account, surelly, if the play is discovered, the chars would be locked as well. At least, that is my understanding of the issue. Is there any difference between trade or bagtrade when the two chars are controlled by one person? I dont think so.

EDIT: Multyplaying is not just about using two or more chars at a time, but about using multiple chars to benefit one of them. So, yes, that is multiplaying as well.

Edited by m_bee

You aren't permitted to transfer things between your different character, that is part of illegal multiplaying. So, your alternate characters were locked.

The tremendous irony is... the main char got banned and the stuff that was transferred got given away.

One error of judgement in over two years is not exactly warranting a death sentence... not in any just society.

The mods call is, as always, unfightable... but I believe that in the time Zit has been involved in the game, he has helped over 300 other new players with advice and free gifts (to give a hand up not a hand out). There are many that have had books delivered to them, then tried to pay and Zit has not accepted payment. The same is so with swords, armour and many other gifts.

If you can accept the apology for what it is, then that is great. If not... bye then.

I await the final decision... Yes or no?

Edited by stewbaby

m_bee is correct. Multiplaying is using one character to benefit another.

Just because someone does something good and helps others, does not mean that they shouldn't be held accountable for their other actions. If you help old ladies cross the street, or give to charity, but also kill someone in cold blood, should you be excused of murder because you have done good things for people?

Please read my disclaimer, I am commenting as a player and not as a mod. I am not involved in any way with this situation and know nothing about it. I am simply making a statement.

m_bee is correct. Multiplaying is using one character to benefit another.

Just because someone does something good and helps others, does not mean that they shouldn't be held accountable for their other actions. If you help old ladies cross the street, or give to charity, but also kill someone in cold blood, should you be excused of murder because you have done good things for people?

Please read my disclaimer, I am commenting as a player and not as a mod. I am not involved in any way with this situation and know nothing about it. I am simply making a statement.

OK... Bye

I had an enormously good time playing EL and some frustrating times as well. The last of the faithful LoVE members leave with Zit and me - sort of the passing of an era. Enjoy the game... and remember - there are NO SECOND CHANCES!

Live long and prosper,

Stewart

Edited by stewbaby