Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nubbs

Zoen57 of the guild "kos" is a hacker

ok so i was bragging about the new sword i got from a db and then all of a sudden EL starts kicking me off everytime i hit a key on my keyboard then eventually after about 20 times or so i find myself in WS {not where i was at} and i was apparently trading with Zoen57 of the guild "KOS" and all my stuff is gone literally my iron platemail,greaves,cuisses and IBOF i fear that by the time im done writing this post all my stuff will be gone......i know that Jamesladd and a few others are involved in this b/c it was Jamesladd's db i got. all i want is for these ppl to be banned i would love to have my stuff back too but i doubt that can happen if someone knows something about this please this is not a joke i bagjumped someone and they took it too far i love this game and i dont want that ruined by some mad hacker my email address is {nubbcgeetar@yahoo.com} please email me when something comes up until then thx

El started to kick you because someone other logged in with your charater. That you were trading with Zoen57 doesn't mean he is the hacker.

Have you given your password for somebody else?

Edited by ville-v

sorry for ur lost but someone got ur password :/ that jumping in and out the server...

next time ur playing get 2 clients open and try it... (not too many times)

El started to kick you because someone other logged in with your charater. That you were trading with Zoen57 doesn't mean he is the hacker.

Have you given your password for somebody else?

no,and youre right i guess i did jump to conclusions on Zoen57's part but i think it was jamesladd b/c when it first happened he had all the stuff i bjed from him eariler back on

Maybe Zoen57 wasn't the hacker, but at least he is involved. He must know who was logged on to your character. I think this thread belongs more in the abuse section. Doing this is more than being an 'outlaw' this is definitely against the rules.

Then again, you shouldn't have bagjumped. So you belong in this forum, the hacker in the abuse forum.

ok, i was talking to nubbs earlier and he told me he got robbed like that, he also told me his password was nubbs as well as his sn, he changed it now tho. just kinda a bad move on his part, warning to all, never have the same password as your sn

Using your name as password is the worst choice you can make;

a good password should be long (it's easy making a little program who try to connect trying the possible combinations of letters - no idea if the server would detect it), alphanumerical (both letters and numbers), having no meaning and not being an existing word/name.

Oh, and remember of not saying it to anyone - not even your granma :icon13:

ok, i was talking to nubbs earlier and he told me he got robbed like that, he also told me his password was nubbs as well as his sn, he changed it now tho. just kinda a bad move on his part, warning to all, never have the same password as your sn

LOL you gave your password....and a crap one at that

Umm learn to read dude every now and then a message will come up saying dont give out your password....simple,clear,basic instruction which you couldnt follow

thats not being hacked thats asking for trouble

and for a bagjumper and stirrer that you have been over the past few weeks ....my opinion GOOD JOB

PMSLROF

Good idea for password is random bunch of capital and small letters, at least two numbers and special characters: like ; : . , etc.

Example:

ksW42;.as

Lmao...

List all that you've given your password to..

or..

Was your password too easy to guesS?

Read Magpie.. You lazy sod. :whistle:

LOL you gave your password....and a crap one at that

Umm learn to read dude every now and then a message will come up saying dont give out your password....simple,clear,basic instruction which you couldnt follow

thats not being hacked thats asking for trouble

and for a bagjumper and stirrer that you have been over the past few weeks ....my opinion GOOD JOB

PMSLROF

he told me what his old password was, he never told me b4 he got robbed, only after he had changed it, hes just lucky they didnt do the #hill me option, then hed really b a noob again

*edit=typo

Edited by Happy_G

Good idea for password is random bunch of capital and small letters, at least two numbers and special characters: like ; : . , etc.

Example:

ksW42;.as

I bet some people are going to try that for vanyel's password

I bet some people are going to try that for vanyel's password

LOL I was thinking the same thing.. :blink:

Somebody read that and went "DOH....... now i have to change my password !!!" :P

This game shouldnt alow people to have the password and username the same. Ofcourse it is your own fault if you set up such an easy password, but some people are new to the whole "account+password" scene or what ever. So a message like "Please change your password, it can not be the same as your account name". It could help.

-sMooMs

good point smooms

I have seen on some sites a ratings value on passwords as they type them in

It tells you if your password is "strong" "average" or "weak"

Could be an idea to write in at a later date

Then again changing your password once a week like myself is always a great way to keep them guessing to :D

I have seen on some sites a ratings value on passwords as they type them in

It tells you if your password is "strong" "average" or "weak"

Could be an idea to write in at a later date

This is what the "shadow" package which manages passwords in Linux/Unix do... if you tipe in a weak password it says to you it is weak and make you re-type it a few more times if you trully dont cared about the warning and the possible security implications.

Its funny when i set up some machines at uni because all wanted weak passwords because they are easier to remember.

But in EL you can 'hardcode' your password in EL ini, you just need to be sure no-one else will run EL in your comp (or have read rights to el.ini) and to change the password each 2 weeks or so.

Edited by Lorck

Small note: Sure, the game could include a script fer check'n yer password is strong or weak, but ye know, it's yer responsibility, na the programmers.

Your security is your responsibility, as we constantly see announced IG.

What is - is.

This game shouldnt alow people to have the password and username the same. Ofcourse it is your own fault if you set up such an easy password, but some people are new to the whole "account+password" scene or what ever. So a message like "Please change your password, it can not be the same as your account name". It could help.

-sMooMs

I agree on that suggestion. Still..this is a game..for all ages..the devs and owners are not running a kindergarden here..so take responsibility in your actions..just like in real life.

*hugs*

Jez