Eternal Lands Official Forums
Thordin

A/D requrements for battle gear

Actually, as I stated, low lvls guys wear plate, while high lvls guys wear leather or steel chain

True, the lower level guys wear plate, the higher levels wear leather to not get owned by thermal weapons.

But its funny to see some noobs attacking deers with plate and steel (or tit) axe, lol.

[quote name='ThordinElement'

And it isn't like it's an all or nothing deal...you don't get stuck with leather until you are 100 a/d.

There are many items along the way to the top best fanciest shiniest items. The point is there should be goals to work for, in all skills. Without goals, people lose interest. All things should NOT be available for all players, regardless of level. I just don't think that's right.

One of the most important point, I created this topic for...

One simple question to all: If you are not a fighter, why do you want to wear heavy armor...

Possible answer from all: I want to look cool

Seems like not much of reason to me...

But I do agree, that it would be fair to have something for top crafters/manuers/potioners/summoners/alchemists/harvesters, oh dear, this is getting huge!

On occasion I like to put on my best kit and chop the heck out of the toughest monster I can. Plain and simple that is my biggest motivation for wanting to wear/use the best available right now. I also will wear it for pics and such. Not the best reasons, but I'm being honest about it. Now as for in the future...I have been starting to train more and may eventually want to use it for such purposes or others.

But I do agree, that it would be fair to have something for top crafters/manuers/potioners/summoners/alchemists/harvesters, oh dear, this is getting huge!

Agreed but that's another topic :D

And it isn't like it's an all or nothing deal...you don't get stuck with leather until you are 100 a/d.

There are many items along the way to the top best fanciest shiniest items. The point is there should be goals to work for, in all skills. Without goals, people lose interest. All things should NOT be available for all players, regardless of level. I just don't think that's right.

I agree with you on this Aislinn. Like I said earlier, I think we should have to "earn" the right to wear/use them. Just as long as it isn't astronomical jumps in level requirements.

I agree with you on this Aislinn. Like I said earlier, I think we should have to "earn" the right to wear/use them. Just as long as it isn't astronomical jumps in level requirements.

If you look on my table few posts backwards, you'll see, that I didn't suggested astronomical numbers. According to this scheme, you would be able to wear iron full plate at level 40 defense, which I consider rather lower than higher. As for the weapons, steel axe/titan longsword for 40/45 level attack isn't also astronomical. Astronomical numbers are meant only for the top items, to motivate and give reward to pure-blood fighters.

not a bad idea but i don't know if this would be good for el's already struggling economy. :P So i sat on the market channel and recorded how many armor/wepons are being sold. After all if you can't use it why buy it...

Weapons/armor: 53.33%

Magic items/potions: 20%

Cloaks/crowns/rings: 26%

If your planning on getting rid of some of the 53.33% of trades the economy would go down. I know books have been suggested already but what if you kill the animals to get the books to wear the swords.

Example: You have to kill the highest level monster to get the highest sword on the game.

The books could be untradable so you couldn't sit in WS or VoTD for a few hours. Another thing would be you have to read books in order of the level of the wepons.

Example: You have to read steel swords before you can read steel broad sword.

They'd still be buying weapons and armour, just different weapons and different armour. That's the point, nobody wants the lesser items as it stands now. This way players would be buying the steel chains and the iron broad swords that they turn up their noses at now.

not a bad idea but i don't know if this would be good for el's already struggling economy. :D So i sat on the market channel and recorded how many armor/wepons are being sold. After all if you can't use it why buy it...

Weapons/armor: 53.33%

Magic items/potions: 20%

Cloaks/crowns/rings: 26%

If your planning on getting rid of some of the 53.33% of trades the economy would go down. I know books have been suggested already but what if you kill the animals to get the books to wear the swords.

Example: You have to kill the highest level monster to get the highest sword on the game.

The books could be untradable so you couldn't sit in WS or VoTD for a few hours. Another thing would be you have to read books in order of the level of the wepons.

Example: You have to read steel swords before you can read steel broad sword.

I am NOT planning to cripple economy even more, morelike to help it. According to your example, what would be the highest weapon for mere male goblin? I'd say iron broad sword. And what do we see daily? Slaying goblins with serpent swords, that's noobish. If you cannot kill monster barehanded/bonehander, than the monster is too strong for you. This could help to clean out the storages of lesser level weapons, makes more variety in clothing, more strategies in fighting (what do you want more? weapons? ok, go serve Mortos! armor? ok, go serve Aluwen). Nowadays, if I make a weapon, I always make serpent sword (occasionaly iron swords for quests), when I make armor, I always make cuisses/greaves (pants/boots only rarely) and steel chains (nobody wants leather torso or iron chain). Think about it, if you want to impress your friends in how good fighter you are, you'll try harder, to get more advanced armor. This would make some competition among fighters according to what they are capable to wear (not exactly, top fighters wear full leathers because of thermal, from what I've heard).

but it isnt a good idea..then like thermal serpent will need sumtin like p/c 100..totally stupidish..

If you have read the entire topic, you would know, that thermal serpent would require level 75 of attack, which is appropriate for that kind of weapon (ultimate weapon nowadays).

<edit> omg, just today, i have seen three people in full plate outfit on goblins in VotD, there is definitely something missing :whistle: <edit>

Edited by ThordinElement

good idea, but it should be based on att/def. atts aren't relative to the amount of time uve spent fighting

It will be, just read the table on page 2. We agreed that yet A/D requirements is most illogical, it's most fair.

good idea, but it should be based on att/def. atts aren't relative to the amount of time uve spent fighting

That's what people have said in whole topic ;)

As I posted before, I have no good ideas about capes/crowns/BoD and so on... make any suggestion...

Or maybe those level I suggested would be recommended with some negative effect based on percentace, for example higher rate of breakage for swords, you don't handle well, less protection and more food consumed for heavy armor you can barely wear and so on. Then anyone can have those items for screenies, but they will be ineffective in combat, what do you think?

As I posted before, I have no good ideas about capes/crowns/BoD and so on... make any suggestion...

Or maybe those level I suggested would be recommended with some negative effect based on percentace, for example higher rate of breakage for swords, you don't handle well, less protection and more food consumed for heavy armor you can barely wear and so on. Then anyone can have those items for screenies, but they will be ineffective in combat, what do you think?

If you could wear full plate and serp with 5/5 a/d, even with horrible negs, most of rich newbies would still do it. There should be some kind of minimum, for example you cannot wear it if you have less than 50% of recommend level.

If you could wear full plate and serp with 5/5 a/d, even with horrible negs, most of rich newbies would still do it. There should be some kind of minimum, for example you cannot wear it if you have less than 50% of recommend level.

But if they do so, they'll have negative armor and defense than naked, according to reality, if you are not strong to wear full plate, you can still put it on, but you won't be able to move fast or fight.

Another idea: How about A/D recommended levels combined with P/C requirements, even low (P 16 for plate mail e.g.)?

<edit> ONE WISH FOR FORUM MOD: is it possible to rename the P/C in the title of the thread to A/D? People are confused about it, it was original idea, but now we are talking mostly about A/D and P/C was mainly refused. </edit>

Edited by ThordinElement

<edit> ONE WISH FOR FORUM MOD: is it possible to rename the P/C in the title of the thread to A/D? People are confused about it, it was original idea, but now we are talking mostly about A/D and P/C was mainly refused. </edit>

Done :)

Thought: What do nonfighters want to wear the best armors for?

Radiation protection. While most seem not to choose so, currently harvesters have the choice to reduce a 30pt hit to 15pts, simply by wearing full plate. Takes EMU, but provides protection. No other item in the game provides any protection to radiation.

Thought: What do nonfighters want to wear the best armors for?

Radiation protection. While most seem not to choose so, currently harvesters have the choice to reduce a 30pt hit to 15pts, simply by wearing full plate. Takes EMU, but provides protection. No other item in the game provides any protection to radiation.

Never seen anyone on PL titanium or WSC diamonds to wear a full plate while harvesting...

I have - though most of the time, it is a bit of an EMU waste, but it was more effective when radon pouches struck for 50...

Also, you should have seen my outfit for the solar flares day - kinda hard to walk about the southern Irilian maps on solar flares day. (note, solar flares are radiation damage as well, so plate armor = freedom to move without hurting on SF day.)

We are getting little off-topic here. The debate is about whether A/D requirement for weapons/armor are desired, or whether human nexus is just fine.

(BTW: when its solar day, I put my FR cape on and all is solved, when it's cold, just add some fur/leather outfit and that's it)

I think this would be good, the a/d requirement, but not so high for the iron plate becuase of the Titanium plate coming out soon...

If iron plate was 40/40 then Titanium would be a frickin' 120/120 that would suck.

,Knight

Armor

Wooden shield

Required defense: none

Leather helm

Leather boots

Leather pants

Leather torso

Enhanced wooden shield

Required defense: 5

Iron chainmail

Required defense: 10

Iron shield

Required defense: 15

Iron helm

Required defense: 20

Steel chainmail

Required defense: 25

Steel shield

Required defense: 25

Steel helm

Required defense: 30

Iron greaves

Required defense: 30

Iron cuisses

Required defense: 35

Iron platemail

Required defense: 40

Titanium helm

Required defense: 45

Steel greaves

Required defense: 45

Steel cuisses

Required defense: 50

Steel platemail

Required defense: 55

Titanium greaves

Required defense: 60

Titanium cuisses

Required defense: 65

Titanium platemail

Required defense: 70

Weapons

Bone/branch

Required attack: none

Wooden staff

Quarterstaff

Required attack: 10

Wooden hammer

Required attack: 5

Iron sword

Iron broad sword

Required attack: 10

Steel long sword

Required attack: 15

Iron battlehammer

Required attack: 20

Steel two-edged sword

Required attack: 25

Iron axe

Required attack: 30

Titanium short sword

Required attack: 32

Steel axe

Required attack: 35

TItanium long sword

Required attack: 37

Titanium axe

Required attack: 40

Titanium serpent sword

Required attack: 45

Those new swords

Required attack: 50-65

OMG, quoting my own post, but everyone is so lazy to look at it. This is how I think the levels should be...