Eternal Lands Official Forums
Thordin

A/D requrements for battle gear

I have done alot of thinking before posting this. From recent threads, I got impression, that P/C and nexi system is bit unbalanced. We can see lots of newbies with full plate serping the goblins in VotD gold mine. So I make this suggestion, just to begin general debate.

My point is, that armor and weapons would require certain Physique and/or Coordination attribute to be equipable. I put some examples to make it clear (DO NOT take this number literally, they are only as examples)

Armor

Leather armor would need no P/C as it is the basic battle gear.

Iron chainmail/iron shields would require P(10) as they are heavier and more expensive.

Steel chainmail/steel shield/iron helm would require P(16) as they are the most common but still formidable gear.

Iron plate mail/cuisses/greaves would require P(20) as they are heavy and currently the best armor available.

Furthemore armor would get more P of course in due course...

Weapons

Iron sword/Staves would require no P/C as they are basic weapons.

Iron broad sword is heavier, thus some P(10) needed.

Steel long sword is more difficult to handle, so P/C (12/10)

Steel two edged sword is heavier one, P/C (14/10)

Titanium short sword is lightweight weapon, P/C (12/12)

Titanium longsword as one of top weapons, P/C (16/14)

Titanium serpent sword is the best sword, only the experienced warriors should be able to use it, P/C (18/18)

I left axes and hammers, because this post would get too long :(

Now, as said before, DO NOT LOOK ON NUMBERS, they are only as a description, I don't want lot of pages arguing b/c of P/C for certain items. I just want to know, what do you think of this system in general. P/C numbers can be discussed, if this system will be approved to use. Thank you for ALL opinions, but please do not chat here :)

EDIT: forgot to say, human nexi for items would be maintained the same they are today...

Edited by ThordinElement

I still don't see why almost everything has to flow around Physic, Coordination, Will, ect. These weapons, potions, and what not, should revolve around your base atack, defence, potion making, ect.

My point was that there will be more variety in worn equipment, nowadays, ppl only save money for full plate, no one wants lesser armor/weapons. You can see newbs with A/D 4/4 and OA 5 with full plate, just because, they have nexus for it and gc to afford it. This can bring more strategy in P/C system and perhaps helps weaponsmiths to get rid of inferior weapons/armor.

EDIT: but I can see your point as well, it's just that there has to be something to do with pickpoints :)

Edited by ThordinElement

if they have any requirement it should be attack, and not so low.

Make Iron plate like 60 def and serp 60 attack. (just examples)

This gives people something to work towards and gives people a way to show off their lvls.

This is another possibility. My point was only to make some purpose to inferior weapons and armor, now every noob (sorry, but no word is more suitable) wears iron plate with titanium serpent sword, but can hardly kill wolves, so sad...

A/D requirements is also a good suggestion, thank you for your ideas :)

I think that A/D requirements would make more sense ... making sure you have enough skill to use your armor properly!

yea whoops, i put these greaves over my face and died :(

does make sense. People who just started wouldnt be good enough to wield a serp properly :)

I think that A/D requirements would make more sense ... making sure you have enough skill to use your armor properly!

Agreed, have certain a/d to benefit from wearing/using stuff. But phys is needed too to handle the weight of that stuff.

Piper

Actually... here's a concept. What about the idea of armour/weapons that are beyond your "strength" or a/d experience actually have a detremental effect??

So plate is too heavy if you don't have high enough strength, and a serp you can't control (and so lowers your accuracy etc) if your stats and skills are too low.

This of course means that you need to have dynamic effects for weapons and armour, which I'm guessing is a fair amount of work server side. :-S

Learner and The_Piper: A/D is suitable either, but P/C system should be affected as well, hence P determines the strength and coordination determines dexterity, needed to wield and properly use the desired armor/weapon. Torg's suggestion is also good, but as he stated, it's too much to work for such small adjustment. Thank you for your opinions, keep discussing, I hope, that maybe someday, I'll see this somehow implemented in any form, the developers seems fit for the game.

Learner and The_Piper: A/D is suitable either, but P/C system should be affected as well, hence P determines the strength and coordination determines dexterity, needed to wield and properly use the desired armor/weapon. Torg's suggestion is also good, but as he stated, it's too much to work for such small adjustment. Thank you for your opinions, keep discussing, I hope, that maybe someday, I'll see this somehow implemented in any form, the developers seems fit for the game.

I agree that it is logical to use P/C, but all you have to do is get neg perks and crank your P/C up and you could wear the best armor. Basically making P/C requirements ineffective.

I agree that it is logical to use P/C, but all you have to do is get neg perks and crank your P/C up and you could wear the best armor. Basically making P/C requirements ineffective.

Yep, which is why I think it should be a combination of the ability to carry it (p/c) and the skill to wield it (a/d).

Yep, which is why I think it should be a combination of the ability to carry it (p/c) and the skill to wield it (a/d).

Same here, just didn't tell it clearly, sorry for that. Good one, Torg.

How about armor books? Like without the book read armor absorbs the same amount of damage as whith book read, but loweres coord alot more? Something similar for wepons- a book improving their stats.

So if u are low ad u cant use things so u cant enter a pk map bc ppl not only have better ad lvls they have better arm and weapons?

Edited by mauriciom

So if u are low ad u cant use things so u cant enter a pk map bc ppl not only have better ad lvls they have better arm and weapons?

Even if you have the best gear, if you have low levels they are going to beat you and you're likely to lose it. So, what is the point in having it? You are better off using equipment suited to your level and a way of progressing through the game. You aren't meant to start the game with everything.

That was one of the points! If you wish to wear decent armor, EARN IT! Not just get negative perk and invest few PP into human nexus. It's illogic, that people with few hours of gameplay have the best available equipment, just because they sat a few hours at lilacs in VotD/WS. And also, if there is a equipment progress, more inferior equipment will be used more often, which can help getting rid of the items, which are now laying in our storages, covered with dust.

How about armor books? Like without the book read armor absorbs the same amount of damage as whith book read, but loweres coord alot more? Something similar for wepons- a book improving their stats.

Books aren't good idea, it's just simple more money, not training effort needed. And people would maybe train harder A/D because of reward, that they could equip better armor. Just yesterday, I've seen somebody with full plate killing goblins in MM. That is ridiculous.

I mean in general, look at other games, many of them have requirements for items, based on strength/dexterity/whatever for a good reason, don't you think?

This has to be added for sure! On another game i've played it was like when you got a lvl you could wear a new armor or sword or what ever. And like every 2 lvls you could do a quest. Things has to be like this on EL too, because then you really really have a goal to lvl, you want the pro armours so bad, and that makes it fun, that you want something but you can't get it yet. A/D Limit on armours/weapons is also good against rich real-life credit card players who start the game and already order full plate from the shop when they dont even know how to eat.

yea whoops, i put these greaves over my face and died :)

rofl! :D

I think it would be better to let it depend on a/d as well. If you make p/c requirement, noobs will not only be serping down gobs in full plate, but they will do it with 30/30 p/c as well ;)

if i remember good then something was said about sub skills similiar to this..

you can lvl your sword usage or something.. the higher ur lvl with that sword is the better you use it.

sound good imo though :D

Guest stalag
the higher ur lvl with that sword is the better you use it

this sounds a cool ideia :icon13: