Eternal Lands Official Forums
WiseDwarf

Possability for RoP's to break Ros Stones?

I said something about this a while back and it had pretty positive feedback. Dont remember where the old topic is.

I think that there should be a certain percent possability for Rings of Power to break Ros stones when they are used against players.

I believe Entropy or some Mod said that Ros stones were originally intended to make it so that when players die from harvesting or something like that they wont lose their things. It has turned into them being used as pking help so that people can wear their finest without the worry of losing their precious items. I believe that this will help boost the EL economy by making RoP's sell better and people not be scared to use them in fear of them being wasted. Also this would bring ros partially back to its original intent.

There is a chance for items that are being created to fail.....Why not make Ros fail sometimes too?

Let's hear you guys' thoughts.

I have to agree, the market for rop's is a bit limited now. This would certainly boost that market. It would also add a bit more "danger" to those who pk.

Isn't pk dangerous already? lol I don't know if i like the idea- you pay a lot of cash for a rosto to feel particularly safe- if someone gets you you lose 12k instead of 120k. With this implemented you lose both you'r COLs/plates/thermal serps and the rosto... I think the problem is that rostos are just too easly available, not at their function.

Isn't pk dangerous already? lol I don't know if i like the idea- you pay a lot of cash for a rosto to feel particularly safe- if someone gets you you lose 12k instead of 120k. With this implemented you lose both you'r COLs/plates/thermal serps and the rosto... I think the problem is that rostos are just too easly available, not at their function.

The whole purpose of the Ros Stone was not for pkers. That is just what it turned into being used for.

umh, could you post a link or whatever you got this info from? I find it hard to belive someone would risk 12k to save a load of coal :D

umh, could you post a link or whatever you got this info from? I find it hard to belive someone would risk 12k to save a load of coal :D

It was a long time ago, and ros werent worth that much back then. They started going up in price when people started using them for pking.

Ros price is growing? :D i remember they were 17kgc when i joined and dropping ever since.

I said A Long Time Ago......as in, when they first were created.

Ok, you'r post suggested the price is still growing :D

I still think limiting(big time) the amount of rostos in game is a better idea than making them useless :P

Ok, you'r post suggested the price is still growing :D

I still think limiting(big time) the amount of rostos in game is a better idea than making them useless :P

This doesnt make them useless, just not as reliable for pkers. It will encourage players to go out and train more too so that they wont even need to use ros stones or so they wont have to worry as much about if it breaks or not. Why give a pker a 100% confidence that they will not lose a single thing?

Since when to PKers care about people training? Or other PKers not at their level? Hasn't it always been dangerous for them?

So if only the elite PKers are safe... and everyone else is just screwed, then isn't something like a RoP that can break their safety guard (the Ro Stone) evening things up some?

Or do you think it's right that we can have bullies but no defense against them?

Let's make it following:

1. RoP has 1% change to break rostogol and possibility to fail (damage and possible breaking) is 25%

2. Ring of Damage has 0.05% change to break rostogol and possibility to fail is 5%

3. When rostogol breaks, ring doesn't do damage

4. If enemy has by some reason more than one rostogol, all will break at the same time

5. Breaking can be reflected with Mirror Skin perk

Edited by ville-v

Yea let it break all rost that this person has in his/her inventory. If he/she bring more than 1 and both break .. too bad for them.

i can understand why you would want them to break all rostos in the inventory, but fi the RoP is going to be giving the power to break rostos, you shouldnt just buy 1-2 and hope it breaks all of them.. i am speaking from a crafters point of view since only about 1-3 people actually buy RoPs afaik and the more people within the range to make the more supply and with less of a demand atm, it should only break 1.

Maybe you forgot point of this topic... Why should richer level players be allowed to carry 5 rostogols when poor player can afford just one?

And if RoP breaks all rostogols that enemy has in inventory, more people will use them in battle, hoping to get some drops, and that will increase demand...

Why don't make it so to let you only carry 1 rostogol stone? Let's say the magic power of 2 rosto stones is too strong to carry ...

ooo cyc you play gunbound!! :) ...i havent played in like a year.. think i dropped like down to silver battle axe+ was gold battle axe + close to want :\..

and no im not missing the point of the topic, there are some harvesters that get loads of rostogonal stones, just because people can buy rostos for usd doesnt mean they should be penealized for being able to , and yes its not fair that they have 10 rostos and you have 2 and u kill him 3 time sbut then u die 2 times... level up

Maybe make it so only 1 ros stone is affected by the death. All others that are carried have the chance to possibly drop like all other items if that ros were to break. That would make it pointless to carry multiple stones. The idea about only being able to carry one at a time was good too except if someone is harvesting and already has a ros stone in their inv, they wont be able to get another one from the harvest event.

Ros stones aren't stackable, meaning if someone desides to carry more than 1 ros stone they cant carry as many sr's, so they wont last a long in a fight. So chances are noone would carry more than 3 ros stones at a time, and if we give a Rop a 20% chance of breaking a ros stone it would only need about 15 rings to break them all, which i tihnk is a good amount

ooo cyc you play gunbound!! :D ...i havent played in like a year.. think i dropped like down to silver battle axe+ was gold battle axe + close to want :\..

*OFF TOPIC* sorry

I used to play gunbound too, i got a char with 85k GP points! It used to be a ruby wand almost a diamond one when I quit, rank 300 of all I was... But then I find out EL and bye bye gunbound ^^

lol iwas almost ruby wand...spelled it as want for some reason :> its a good game im playing it again lots of changes!! sorry ofr off topic also i dropped it to play ell lo