Eternal Lands Official Forums
WiseDwarf

Possability for RoP's to break Ros Stones?

I agree 15k for a rosto is perharps a bit pricey. I lost 2 the last time I went out for some pk fun. now I mix like mad to get some gc's ahead so I can go out again. With out rostos no one would risk a thermal serp, tit plate, dragon gear. It is quite possible to have a million gc worth of items on your person when you go out for a fight. Who in there right mind would risk that / lose that stuff and call it fun. Sure it would be nice every person you kill drops a 20K sword, a 60k crown, a 75K tit plate. But with out the rosto, people would just be sitting around the camp fire on IP holding hands

I agree 15k for a rosto is perharps a bit pricey. I lost 2 the last time I went out for some pk fun. now I mix like mad to get some gc's ahead so I can go out again. With out rostos no one would risk a thermal serp, tit plate, dragon gear. It is quite possible to have a million gc worth of items on your person when you go out for a fight. Who in there right mind would risk that / lose that stuff and call it fun. Sure it would be nice every person you kill drops a 20K sword, a 60k crown, a 75K tit plate. But with out the rosto, people would just be sitting around the camp fire on IP holding hands

Before there was rosto, ppl still pked, not only hold hands on ip.

Before there was rosto, the best (and only) pk gear was kinda cheap. Compare tit chain and serp (even though they did cost more than nowadays) to titanium plate and col :lurker:

I just wish my insurance company was like the rosto... paying 16k one time and get everything u have protected... even if its worth 500k, now that would be a nice insurance company...

Wow, I'd like to be your insurance agent for such a policy. Just crash your 10K car, ok, fixed. That'll be another 16K for the next coverage period. Opps, some kid hit a baseball through the big plate-glass window in your living room. 2K to replace it, and another 16K for the next coverage period. Toilet back up and flood your bathroom. 5K to fix it and another 16K for the next coverage period.

You'd be right if it was a one-time 16K fee for life-time coverage. But it's 16K each time you make a "claim" (get killed). That is not cheap, or particularly "safe".

I can't say if rostos are a good thing or not for PK. I know they've helped escalate the equipment used to the point that many people simply can't compete.

I can say that rostos are good insurance for the non-PK crowd who use them to protect stuff from accidents (like a failed restore while mixing with shrooms).

I don't know if the game would be better or worse without them, but it would be VERY different.

Before that the economy was completely different. Yetis had much better drops and they were weaker, efe's were cheaper and players didn't save money to buy nexuses etc. Chims were dropping enriched essences also.

There were players that had millions of gc in their inventory,

People stopped to Pk when the changes in the economy happened and when leveling became so hard.

If i had 2 millions in my inv i could afford to pk every day.

Before rostos there weren't any titanium/steel plates, there were no cols, there were no cooldown either nor special weapons/armors and thermal serps were rare then, people didnt have 100+ coord then and the strongest people weren't that far away from a common pker. Oh and summoning stones weren't there before. Now you need that stuff to survive and it's freaking expensive.

I've also thought that rostos are bad for pk before, but now I can see that w/o them there wouldnt be any pk at all in el now.

EDIT: @robotbob: I'm not a pker, I pk very very rarely, last time I was at pk like few months ago :confused:

Edited by Desertus

On a normal day of pk. I can walk around and once in a while I find someone.

On no drop days (tada just the other day!)

the game (pk areas) was packed, even with people I don't see on any other day.

Therefore its easy to say that NDD* makes pk popular due to the instant drop in expense.

If you don't want rostos. Go to TD, but again there are

another long list of complaints why not too. (That darn evil Toomass :w00t: ).

Read what masterpiter, agis29, Desertus have said. I have encountered all 3 in PK maps. THEY actually pk.

But I've never seen bkc56 or Bahamut_Zero in a pk map.

I see two people full of excuses:

I know they've helped escalate the equipment used to the point that many people simply can't compete.

I dont go into pk maps because i won´t get anything out of it.. players carry rostos,

I am ok with getting nothing in a drop (just #pki) if it means I have someone to actually fight.

Mad at me? Feel free to pk me. :confused:

*NDD = No Drop Day

That's because I don't take bkc56 (a generalist) onto PK maps. Of course if you'd seen my training character on a PK map, it probably would have been only briefly as he tends to get killed VERY fast. He generally goes in with leather and a basic sword (no rost) and just doesn't last very long against TI armor and therm-serps.

I just wish my insurance company was like the rosto... paying 16k one time and get everything u have protected... even if its worth 500k, now that would be a nice insurance company...

Wow, I'd like to be your insurance agent for such a policy. Just crash your 10K car, ok, fixed. That'll be another 16K for the next coverage period. Opps, some kid hit a baseball through the big plate-glass window in your living room. 2K to replace it, and another 16K for the next coverage period. Toilet back up and flood your bathroom. 5K to fix it and another 16K for the next coverage period.

You'd be right if it was a one-time 16K fee for life-time coverage. But it's 16K each time you make a "claim" (get killed). That is not cheap, or particularly "safe".

I can't say if rostos are a good thing or not for PK. I know they've helped escalate the equipment used to the point that many people simply can't compete.

I can say that rostos are good insurance for the non-PK crowd who use them to protect stuff from accidents (like a failed restore while mixing with shrooms).

I don't know if the game would be better or worse without them, but it would be VERY different.

i think u didn´t get it...

the thing is that u pay like 16k to protect stuff that may go over 200k, with no risk...

and dont tell me about the brods... thats another thing, and rostos dont save u from that anyway...

On a normal day of pk. I can walk around and once in a while I find someone.

On no drop days (tada just the other day!)

the game (pk areas) was packed, even with people I don't see on any other day.

Therefore its easy to say that NDD* makes pk popular due to the instant drop in expense.

If you don't want rostos. Go to TD, but again there are

another long list of complaints why not too. (That darn evil Toomass :P ).

Read what masterpiter, agis29, Desertus have said. I have encountered all 3 in PK maps. THEY actually pk.

I see two people full of excuses:

I know they've helped escalate the equipment used to the point that many people simply can't compete.

I dont go into pk maps because i won´t get anything out of it.. players carry rostos,

I am ok with getting nothing in a drop (just #pki) if it means I have someone to actually fight.

Mad at me? Feel free to pk me. :D

*NDD = No Drop Day

ok... next time i go pk ill make sure ill call u ok? even if its night where u live... omg :icon13:

the thing is that u pay like 16k to protect stuff that may go over 200k, with no risk...

and dont tell me about the brods... thats another thing, and rostos dont save u from that anyway...

Have you actually bought business insurance are you pulling these nonstop suggestions out of your ass?

I imagine this is your insurance company: you pay for liability insurance and they have a 10% chance to

say tough shit if you call them? Go back and actually read the post of pkers, think about maybe they

have actual experience in the cost of pk and what makes it work.

At least reread Jumpy's post:

Got it? :o No Drop Day and pking is booming, Why? Oh yes you was busy being a:

Oh and thanks for the fucktard, very polite...

ok... next time i go pk ill make sure ill call u ok? even if its night where u live... omg :)

Which will be never since you aren't a pker and will be busy demanding mana draining yetis.

Have you actually bought business insurance are you pulling these nonstop suggestions out of your ass?

I imagine this is your insurance company: you pay for liability insurance and they have a 10% chance to

say tough shit if you call them? Go back and actually read the post of pkers, think about maybe they

have actual experience in the cost of pk and what makes it work.

At least reread Jumpy's post:

Got it? :P No Drop Day and pking is booming, Why? Oh yes you was busy being a:

Oh and thanks for the fucktard, very polite...

ok... next time i go pk ill make sure ill call u ok? even if its night where u live... omg :)

Which will be never since you aren't a pker and will be busy demanding mana draining yetis.

I said i will call u ok? d´t get nervous :D

And about my suggestions, at least i make them, unlike u, who only seem to be trying to get others down, and still u can´t even do that.

I don´t post them here for u my friend, i couldnt´care less of what u say.

Suggestions are made to devs, and not to you, coz they r the ones who will implement it or not.

And the quote u used from me, fully applies to you.

Can a mod close this thread?

This i getting nowhere.

Thanks.

Edited by Bahamut_Zero

Feel free to post a nonstop stream of pointless suggestions.

Pointless? Like your posts, adding nothing to the debate?

Nope I speak from actual experience with this game unlike you.

Here is the debate...first of all, If you die you lose stuff....We all know this. Second of all, If you die and drop a few pots, essces, leather or even iron plate. whatever, no big deal. If you die and drop 400K worth of stuff well, rather frustrating. I dont know what you do for gold coins. I work my arse off and I am almost always broke. I buy good gear, pots, ingreds, I am part owner of a bot, I work hard on levels and equipment from the time I log on, til I log off. I have fun doing this also. At the best, I can make 35K a/day on average. Why would anyone work weeks for gc's..go out to play the hero in pk, and die to a MP/Luci/BS/ or another top char in a short time. PK is very quiet these days. It would be completely dead with out rostos. I understand the argument of no reward for killing someone. Sometimes a good fight is its own reward. No matter whom the victor.

Jumpy

Here is the debate...first of all, If you die you lose stuff....We all know this. Second of all, If you die and drop a few pots, essces, leather or even iron plate. whatever, no big deal. If you die and drop 400K worth of stuff well, rather frustrating. I dont know what you do for gold coins. I work my arse off and I am almost always broke. I buy good gear, pots, ingreds, I am part owner of a bot, I work hard on levels and equipment from the time I log on, til I log off. I have fun doing this also. At the best, I can make 35K a/day on average. Why would anyone work weeks for gc's..go out to play the hero in pk, and die to a MP/Luci/BS/ or another top char in a short time. PK is very quiet these days. It would be completely dead with out rostos. I understand the argument of no reward for killing someone. Sometimes a good fight is its own reward. No matter whom the victor.

Jumpy

I get that, losing stuff is frustrating.

But getting nothing is a bit frustrating too.

Reading all these posts made me realise that maybe most ppl dont want rostos to change, so im not mentioning it again.

I just wish there was a mod on , to close this thread, since ppl keep posting here, and the question is already answered.