Eternal Lands Official Forums
WiseDwarf

Possability for RoP's to break Ros Stones?

Ros stones aren't stackable, meaning if someone desides to carry more than 1 ros stone they cant carry as many sr's, so they wont last a long in a fight. So chances are noone would carry more than 3 ros stones at a time, and if we give a Rop a 20% chance of breaking a ros stone it would only need about 15 rings to break them all, which i tihnk is a good amount

But if RoP has so high change to break rosto, everybody will carry at least 3 rostogols when going to pk... And then again richer players have much better advantage at pk...

Ros stones aren't stackable, meaning if someone desides to carry more than 1 ros stone they cant carry as many sr's, so they wont last a long in a fight. So chances are noone would carry more than 3 ros stones at a time, and if we give a Rop a 20% chance of breaking a ros stone it would only need about 15 rings to break them all, which i tihnk is a good amount

But if RoP has so high change to break rosto, everybody will carry at least 3 rostogols when going to pk... And then again richer players have much better advantage at pk...

So do like i said and make it so only one ros has the affect on the death and the others have the possability to drop if there are multiple stones on you. Also can make the ROP have a high cooldown rate so that people can only use one in the fight. Not sure if it already does or not because I dont use them, i just make them :evilgrin: .

Also can make the ROP have a high cooldown rate so that people can only use one in the fight. Not sure if it already does or not because I dont use them, i just make them :dry: .

But RoPs are used for doing damage, breaking rosto would be just nice surprise...

Look my earlier post:

1. RoP has 1% change to break rostogol and possibility to fail (damage and possible breaking) is 25%

3. When rostogol breaks, ring doesn't do damage

What would be point to use expensive RoP if it has high cooldown? Harming or damage rings would be much faster and cheaper. As you said, you don't understand anything :evilgrin:

instead of letting them break rostos, why not just increase the damage they do? like 75 instead of 50. 50 damage is Nothing, compared to the 150 a BoD does.

instead of letting them break rostos, why not just increase the damage they do? like 75 instead of 50. 50 damage is Nothing, compared to the 150 a BoD does.

I like round numbers - how about 100 damage? Players often heal at around 70-90 hp so it will make Rings of Power dangerous even with cooldown :evilgrin:

Have you seen recently someone pking without CoL or CoL+thermal/bod etc?

Btw. If ROP would inflict 100 damage it's price would increase also i think. So don't worry, that all people would use them all the time :o

Edited by NitageR

A lot of people would die soooo fast if ROP did 100 damage. A lot of people don't have 100 or have a little bit over it. If that was the case, then ROPs whould need to be a LOT harder to make or even unmakable and just able to be got by luck with damage rings again.

If we did the % for ros to fail instead of it to be broken, then the ros stone would have a chance to drop onto the ground. I think it should just break and thats the end of the stone.

I have some points:

1. PKers should have change to get drops. That should be done by making fail change for rostogol, of making item that can break it.

2. Rostogol should NEVER fail outside pk, at pk you know who took your stuff, in invasion/killing monsters/afking you just notice your expensive stuff is gone...

3. Point 2 makes possible just breaking rosto with item. But why should we mess good item, RoP with fail change and high cooldown? We need new item to be able to break it.

Ring of Destruction

Effect: When used in battle, has 50% change to break Rostogol Stone of enemy. Change is calculated for every rostogol, so if you are fighting with multiple enemies with multiple rostogols, you can break all of them, none of them or for example one from both.

Cooldown: 250 seconds (about 4 minutes, so you could use just 1-2 rings in one battle)

Materials:

5 Polished Emeralds

1 Silver Ring

1 Enriched Fire Essence

10 Magic Essences

50 Energy Essences

Recommend level: 50 Crafting

Experience: 250 Crafting

Nexuses: 3 Artificial, 4 Magic

Knowledge: Ring of Destruction; 20000gc at Itilli, can be dropped by Ogre, Troll, Male Orc, Cyclop

Ring should be something between 5-10k, that people would really use them. If formula seems too cheap when comparing to experience, it could be added serpent/binding stone(s).

Ring would look something like Ring of Power and Ring of Egratia.

Messages you get:

When you use ring and success to break rostogol: "You used Ring of Destruction, and succeeded to break Rostogol Stone(s) of your enemy/enemies."

When you use ring and it fails: "You used Ring of Destruction, but it failed to break Rostogol Stones."

When you use ring and enemy hasn't rostogol: "You used Ring of Destruction, but your enemy/enemies hadn't Rostogol Stone(s)."

When ring is used against you and it breaks your rostogol(s): "<Name of user> used Ring of Destruction, and succeeded to break your rostogol stone(s)."

EDIT: Forgot cooldown and also added messages you get.

Edited by ville-v

I have some points:

1. PKers should have change to get drops. That should be done by making fail change for rostogol, of making item that can break it.

2. Rostogol should NEVER fail outside pk, at pk you know who took your stuff, in invasion/killing monsters/afking you just notice your expensive stuff is gone...

3. Point 2 makes possible just breaking rosto with item. But why should we mess good item, RoP with fail change and high cooldown? We need new item to be able to break it.

Ring of Destruction

Effect: When used in battle, has 50% change to break Rostogol Stone of enemy. Change is calculated for every rostogol, so if you are fighting with multiple enemies with multiple rostogols, you can break all of them, none of them or for example one from both.

Materials:

5 Polished Emeralds

1 Silver Ring

1 Enriched Fire Essence

10 Magic Essences

50 Energy Essences

Recommend level: 50 Crafting

Experience: 250 Crafting

Nexuses: 3 Artificial, 4 Magic

Knowledge: Ring of Destruction; 20000gc at Itilli, can be dropped by Ogre, Troll, Male Orc, Cyclop

Ring should be something between 5-10k, that people would really use them. If formula seems too cheap when comparing to experience, it could be added serpent/binding stone(s).

Ring would look something like Ring of Power and Ring of Egratia.

I see no point in making a new ring specifically for trying to break the stones. Why not just add it to the RoP like I was saying? It makes more sense.

I see no point in making a new ring specifically for trying to break the stones. Why not just add it to the RoP like I was saying? It makes more sense.

Like I said in my earlier post, we would just add change for RoP to break rosto. But other people thought that the change wasn't enough, so they suggested that change would be higher and we would add fail change and high cooldown etc. for RoP to balance it. That would ruin competely RoP, that is currently good item to damage enemy. If you could use just one in battle and 25-75% of rings would fail, you would just leave the ring or use damage rings instead. That's why new ring.

It has been a real long time since this topic has been talked about and Im still wanting to see this happen. Please read through the posts a let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Initial Proposal: Having the Ring of Power have a possability to break a Ros stone when used on an opponent during battle.

Pk is already extremely expensive. Rostos are very expensive too.

I disagree with every idea that makes the game more difficult and more expensive.

Only noobs, idiots or someone with 140 coords will enter an arena without rosto.

Even a 1% chance to lose a tit plate is enough to make someone not to enter a pk map.

People don't pk because rostos cost 16K.If there is a chance to lose a nmt or a col do u think that they will enter a pk map?

People pk during the non drop days because pk costs nothing that day(not exactly-its still expensive)

Worst of all u may lose a plate cause u lagged or because a couple of players summoned tigers.

On the other hand if u don't like rostos go to tahraji desert.

If something must change about rostos and pk is their price and other fun spoilers like the cooldown time of summoning stones.

This is the almost the same idea i had, the idea that made ppl angry...

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37373

As i said, make weapons with chance to destroy rosto, or make rosto with a chance of failing and STILL DISSAPEAR.

At the moment Rosto is an invencible item, THAT´S JUST STUPID!

The stone is totally unballanced.

Only someone blind can´t see it...

Edited by Bahamut_Zero

At the moment Rosto is an invencible item, THAT´S JUST STUPID!

The stone is totally unballanced.

Only someone blind can´t see it...

The rostogol stones are very good as they are, all the PKers love them as they are.

(from http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31575 ) :D

Please, you JUST had your post with your suggestion, why continue that in another topic again?

This is quite possibly the worst idea i've ever seen.

Why should people be able to break something your carrying with you?

I can understand your armor breaking or your weapons, as they are constantly being hit over and over again cause your wearing them..

But why should something your carrying in your pocket protected by pants or whatever be broken by something?

Again, I must comment. Why are so many people suggesting that rostogols be removed/destroyed/damaged when there is a map made where rostos dont work and it is empty every time I go there? I ran into toomass once there since the maps was changed from rot. So you rosotogol haters go there for your pk fun. Leave my rostos alone the way they are. I lose them fast enough as it is :D

As soon as pk becomes cheap again ppl will begin to pk more, until that time lets hope for a lot of No Drop Days :D

Why cheap? Coz only few ppl ingame can afford to pk( and die several times per day) every day, most cant or even if they can afford it they dont want it, since no fun in losing money( lost money is lost time ) :blush:

My suggestion would be to keep equiped armors/weapon after death( if on pk map or if killed by a player), u would still lose some items from inventory that werent equiped.

So if u take expensive items to inventory and u dont have them equiped( like for example brod, 2nd great sword or SoM)- u use rosto.

But if u wear good items and got some pots/essies/ cheap capes/rings in inventory only, than u dont need rosto- cheaper for u and nice drop for some1 who kills u.

(i know it was suggested like 1001 times but i dont know any better idea to make pk alive :blink: )

mp

People are bitching because there is a small chance that brod will degrade an item. Guess what will happen if there is a chance to lose items from your inv. Altough we can protect ourselves with a red cape.

Masterpiter's suggestion makes sense. Maybe its better to lose items that don't require a human nexus to wear. So that rosto will protect armor, weapons but not things like essences.

My personal opinion is that pk should become another skill like attack and def. The more u pk or pvp the stronger u become against humans, dwarves etc. But not against monsters.

So the more we pk the stronger we ll become against all el races.

People are bitching because there is a small chance that brod will degrade an item. Guess what will happen if there is a chance to lose items from your inv. Altough we can protect ourselves with a red cape.

Masterpiter's suggestion makes sense. Maybe its better to lose items that don't require a human nexus to wear. So that rosto will protect armor, weapons but not things like essences.

My personal opinion is that pk should become another skill like attack and def. The more u pk or pvp the stronger u become against humans, dwarves etc. But not against monsters.

So the more we pk the stronger we ll become against all el races.

Now this is good idea. But how would it work with pvp training and all summon/magic/multikills and disengading/fleeing?

Kinda like pk points, sometimes you get exp and sometimes not? :pinch:

I just wish my insurance company was like the rosto... paying 16k one time and get everything u have protected... even if its worth 500k, now that would be a nice insurance company...

IT HAS TO HAVE A FLAW.

Bahamut, i assume from ur name u like Final Fantasy7

FF7 was pure gameplay, of coz u could lvl up, get stronger but even if u were relatively weak and didnt had so much money u could have fun there( i finished it few times several years ago, but i still remember when u only wanted to play and to know story, w/o lvling much u still could have fun and finish this game, of coz if some1 wanted to finish it for "101%" he or she had to spend more time on lvling/making money/finding best items etc.

Can u tell me in what way ur suggestion about rosto not working sometimes can improve gameplay of el?

Dont u feel eL is pretty hard/difficult game to play already(i dont mind here afk-harvesting while doing something in RL)?

mp

Bahamut, i assume from ur name u like Final Fantasy7

FF7 was pure gameplay, of coz u could lvl up, get stronger but even if u were relatively weak and didnt had so much money u could have fun there( i finished it few times several years ago, but i still remember when u only wanted to play and to know story, w/o lvling much u still could have fun and finish this game, of coz if some1 wanted to finish it for "101%" he or she had to spend more time on lvling/making money/finding best items etc.

Can u tell me in what way ur suggestion about rosto not working sometimes can improve gameplay of el?

Dont u feel eL is pretty hard/difficult game to play already(i dont mind here afk-harvesting while doing something in RL)?

mp

Then make it more expensive, i think something has to change about the rosto, its too SAFE!

Ppl say that if rostos dissapered some players wouldnt go into pk maps, i feel the opposite.. i dont go into pk maps because i won´t get anything out of it.. players carry rostos, even if i kill them all i wont get a single potion.. were is the fun in that?

Check the no drop day fun, ppl dont get a single drop in those days, but also they dont lose rostos, and guess what, always many ppl to kill on pk maps in those days

If some1 is too weak for kf he or she can always go to wsc/nc arena or td .

If rosto is for example 50k worth(instead of 16k like now) it means ppl will have to work for those 50k 3 times longer after they die and lose it, so no pk for them for a long time.

mp

If there was not rostogol, I would pk more than usually, and in cheap armor.

But I would only lurk invisible and kill noobs in good armor with summoning stones. I would get profit, but obviously you wouldn't. Is this the way you want more life to pk maps in?