Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NitageR

no more ros

While carrying a Rostogol Stone, you don't get any combat (A/D) experience...

If you want to give more exp for person fighting person with rost, and none to the person holding it, thats fine...however, it can still be exploited. Just have a friend throw on a rost and train, then switch.

No, I do not suggest both methods should be applied, for the reason you point out.

I suggest the simplest effective solution is just no combat experience while carrying a Rostogol Stone.

Disabling fleeing would not be fair to non-PK'ers who have to cross a PK zone, and wish to protect their assets. Why force them to a fight to the death, if they where not seeking combat in the first place? Also, this only benefits the highest level PK'ers, as it effectively means no escape for anyone with a Rostogol stone, which is fundamentally unbalanced. From a roleplaying perspective, how would disabling fleeing be explained?

Disabling combat experience is fair on those who do not seek combat, and are using the Rostogol stone as insurance. Those who do seek combat choose to risk their possessions in a fight, if they want to gain experience. They still have the option to take a Rostogol stone and fight for the loot instead of the experience.

Edited by trollson

I like Nitager's idea, even though i am not a PKer. But it should be just the begining for a huge conversation on this topic, because many things are related to this.

If rostogol is out, CoL cannot be bought, than BoD should be, for example, be totally removed too. Special weapons should not be dropable (as sugested in previous posts), or some other solution should be found. New special weapons (comming in next update) too.

Why am i telling all this? - Because it is a huge change, and from my short EL experience, authors do not like such big changes. They have already spent a lot of time implementing rostogol, col, bod (...) logic, and they most likely will not forget that time so easily.

Thus i fear this suggestion will be forgotten, at least for a while...

If you want to give more exp for person fighting person with rost, and none to the person holding it, thats fine...however, it can still be exploited. Just have a friend throw on a rost and train, then switch.

Solution?:

How about you just disable fleeing/diss rings during combat if you have a rost? This way every fight is a fight to the death, this would solve the experience exploit and relieve EL of a few more rosts... :(

:)

Solution?:

How about you just disable fleeing/diss rings during combat if you have a rost? This way every fight is a fight to the death, this would solve the experience exploit and relieve EL of a few more rosts... :P

GeniuS!