Eternal Lands Official Forums
Longsh0t

Flowers, anyone?

the market would die pretty much :pirate:

meh i would say the markets praticly dead already :pirate:

Pretty short-sighted opinion if you ask me. Market is not dead, it is only crippled a bit, but nowaday, it seems to me a bit healthier. BTW: with everyone antisocial, no armor could be made: you need leather! even for plates, and leather is NPC thing only AFAIK.

you need leather!
which even antisocial people can get from kelcha. thread from spiders, too, though that'll be slower than shop. picks from fem orc drops. gem paper, on the other hand...

Hi.

what you are proposing would result in: people would be forced to make FP's, not buy them from Mira-->more raw meat would be needed to make them-->raw meat price would go up -->FP prices would go up (and summoning would be harder to do) --> Mixing high level items would be near impossible to do with the hightened cost of FP's and the high cooldown of fruits and veggies --> people would be more likely to make low level items that you can actually feasibly make them --> the market would die pretty much :pirate:

Why "be forced"?, ones will make FPO and sell to other players and/or Mira. high level players will buy them because they will get more profit by selling high level items

perhaps this could allow to reduce cool down times, limited resources => limited mass production.

with 500 players who wants 4000 Leather helms?

if you get real money with high level items why make low level ones?

if you makes high level items require low level items as ingredients (step manufacturing, alchemy, potion, summoning), this would create a market for low and high items.

Also manufacturing several units at once could be implemented, why not could make 2 FE at once if your alch level doubles the one required? double the ingredients and make two at once? or reduce time required to make in function of your level and required level and get rid of cooldown. Also focus more on ingredients and make use of less food on manufacturing, alchemy, potions and the rest

make food level be positive to manu, alch, potion , etc but not to consume food. Link the food rate consumption to the activity (and to the weight carried over your weight capacity):

Walk consume more than sit

harvest consume more tah walk

mine consume more than harvest

fighting consume more than mining

alchemy, potion, magic and summon consume like harvest

crafting and manufacturing consume like mining

of course summon will use meat, but not specially food.

Open your mind ..... :-D

dont forget about vials =P

just need a high pot lvl so you dont loose comps and fight things that drop potions which is nearly everything (even sprites drop minor healing pots)

Edit: this topic has kinda left the flower subject eh :pirate:

Edited by Athel's

just need a high pot lvl so you dont loose comps and fight things that drop potions which is nearly everything (even sprites drop minor healing pots)

Nowhere near enough to compensate for demand. Especially for getting said high level.

Having a limited amount of harvests on an item so that it can grow back is in a real world very obvious. Here, it is stupid. There are too many people with alts that would camp the spots and make it next to impossible for newbs to get anything out of a bush near storage or a flowershop. This is eternal lands, not perfect lands.

The economy is fine.. you can make money if you set your mind to it and if the person wants to harvest some flowers, or make a round of fe's or make a bunch of swords or fight some fluffies then so be it there is money for everything you do :D Just stick to it... you'll get there

Edit: this topic has kinda left the flower subject eh :P

actually under the current system. vials and PoFs are able to b gotten for almost nothing.

here's how:

• 1.) use some money (doesnt matter how much) to get some vials

2.) buy or get some bones or bones powders (easy to get)

3.) make Potions of Reason (1 nexus and no knowledge required)

4.) sell to mira for 15gc ea. and buy PoFs for 11gc ea.

5.) use extra money to buy even more PoFs (that u will use getting u vials.) or buy mana pots to get u even more vials.

that right there is more proof that even besides harvesting flowers for money, how screwed up the economy is. it shouldn't b this easy. i went antisocial and am still able to get by in terms of money and i don't even harvest often it's easier to ask for things i need in trade.

btw w/ this new gc ranking system looking like it's gonna make it in, and me liking my privacy - u can look for me in the game as the official EL black market - ill only spend GC i get in drops and won't sell nething for GC that way i can for the most part stay at the bottom of the charts, but still continue to make my way...lol

ok now back to flowers...lol

harving for flowers by high lvl players shows how far this game is from being completed. i just wish ent would listen to our suggestions and concerns on this or if he is and has would at least acknowledge us so we know when/if things r going to b fixed.

Edit: this topic has kinda left the flower subject eh :P

actually under the current system. vials and PoFs are able to b gotten for almost nothing.

except I was referring to the idea of making everyone antisocial. ;)

lol sumtimes the littlest things do big changes and etc. BL's must be it..and you wont expect newbies to hang around the bush or they will be left to our

pl city tresspasser manager bob :pirate:

Edited by Chimeran Wolf

The idea of harvesting flowers for money never appealed to me, and I don't think my ideas are exotic (very easy to do, just not well understood)!

I have been looking at the effects of NPC prices on items, but I completely forgot about npc buy price for flowers. Might be worth looking at.

Edit: this topic has kinda left the flower subject eh :(

except I was referring to the idea of making everyone antisocial. :icon13:

if every1 was antisocial, then that'd b an easy fix, just make glass-blowing part of the crafting skill...lol might make vials worth something again then too if harvey and mira stopped selling...lol

though at this point i think the best thing for the economy would b to close down most NPCs and make everything manuable somehow. w/ the only money comming into the game being from monster drops and exiting thorugh books or passage to C2 it could make fighting a decent profession...lol (replacing ALL manuable drops w/ a fair bit more GC naturally) plus ppl would start thinking about what books they got.

but again this is way off subject . but i believe even ent forgot about the other thread w/ these suggestions. maybe if enough ppl repeat them enough times, he'll either start to think about them or discuss his aversion to them.

Edited by DemonCowboy

but again this is way off subject . but i believe even ent forgot about the other thread w/ these suggestions. maybe if enough ppl repeat them enough times, he'll either start to think about them or discuss his aversion to them.

Or start muting people :evilgrin:

given some of his latest posts that i've seen - he just might... :evilgrin:

Its you people that make me sick and ruin it for the rest of us, mister 100k+er...... I can make the same amount with ti except alot more clicking, yes i use the lupine bush, But this is a load of crap, they dont need to be lowerd and defintly not moved so stuff it and shut it sorry but alot of us dont got many ways to make our pay currently, and flowers help when you need a quick fix, there a neccecity~~ Not a Minority! :D

ok, i admit i skimmed this thread but from what i saw i kinda think you guys aren't looking at the issue from all angles.

in this economy there are many resources and factors you can consider. gold, time, physical resources, skill levels, experience etc

in a simple way, most players divide their time in one of three ways: socializing, getting experience, getting gold

if you could get 6.5k harv exp her harv hour AND like 2.4k from your 120 harvs that creates a stark imbalance between the haves and have nots. you harv ti because you dont want to spend the time constantly running around. you harv bl cuz you want more gc.

is it somewhat imbalanced? maybe. but i honestly don't really see any compelling argumentation to that effect

When i harvested blue lupine in that bush few months ago, there were quite few players there. Now is the situation obviously changed. Lol, you catched me when i came there for the first time to harvest b.l. after so many weeks. :D

Anyways, here is a hint - that bush is not the only "special" BL bush on Draia...

Kind regards

Dejan Lekic

http://dejan.lekic.org