Eternal Lands Official Forums
Longsh0t

Flowers, anyone?

elec.jpg

I present to you: the marvelous el- economy, where high level players still harvest the lowest level flower to get cash!

Seriously, was this game intentionally designed to make harvesting the lowest level flower the most profitable thing to do?

What would that bush look like when this game has 2000 players?

p.s. yes, harvesting those flowers is the best way to get cash, besides exotic ideas like the ones mr.mind came up with.

I can make 4.200 gc per hour (compare that to making essences, swords, or fighting monsters!)

@ Entropy: adjusting the monster drops was a step in the right direction, i can now buy health essences from players after a "round" of training.

@others: flame away, prove me wrong :dry:

you obviously didn't get my point.

Fruit goes for .6gc Go harvest that

You are right on the 0.6 gc. Fruit takes a lot longer to harvest though, so it is less profitable to do that.

Yes. true and flowers needs fixing.

I heard that all flower shop will close soon or will be repriced but that is old story, not sure where things stands as of right now.

Darky

i think the lilac is more profit able and thats close to a shop... :icon13:

I don't think this thread was meant to be a debate on which flower gives the most money (though the answer is lupes), but to point out that the easiest activity in the game is the most profitable. Its like having oil tycoons deciding to go on welfare because they need more money. Flower shops pay too much.

Each harvest at that bush gives 6 blue lupines, X .42 each thats 2.52 gc each harvest, most harvests take about 1.5 seconds each, plus a bit of time for storage, thats a good 4-5k an hour. Harvesting should not be this profitable

Well done. I reckon this will follow the path of votd's graveyard.

Then people will switch to another bush, and in no time all flowers will be out of the game.

Hi.

The solution is not to put flowers out of the game.

The solution is to fix the economy system.

Make the resources LIMITED

Make each resource spawn have a GROW rate and a HARVEST rate

each spawn has a limited stock, if exausted it needs time to grow, and people will harvest or mine at a lower rate from this bush or mine. thus people will go to search for fresh low populated areas to get more resources.

Make the NPC to have a Limited Stock of Harvestable, Minable, Alchemable, Manufacturable, Craftable and Potionable (i left none i think),items. They only shoud have the units other players sells to them

Make the NPC prices vary in function of his map stock resources. (proces based in the production or harvest time of the goods)

People could act as merchants selling goods form one map to another to get profit.

It's ridiculous that the value of harvestable goods is based only on his weight, think on Pb being more valiuos than silver in real life!!!!

Or think in the flowers prices, any relation with his harvest rate or his number of spawns?

Ever played a resource based strategy game?

The same could be applied to the knowledge system.

a user should gain more experience in the first times of a task that when he has repeated the same task 10000 times.

What experience gains you by walking every day?, but a 12 month baby gain a lot of experience from his first steps, and keep gaining experience until he firmly walk, but no new experience or only a little after that.

thus if level 24 of a skill is recomended for a task, you should gain more experience when you do this task and your level is below 24. you should gain standar experience in level 24 and you should gain little experience when your level is far up 24. a inverse relation with level is needed to affect the experience gained.

for example:

75% level = 125 % experience

100 % level = 100 % experience

125 % level = 75 % experience

What are doing this top 100 buddies making low level FE? or Leather Helms?

They should buy this low level items from low level players and make high level items to sell low level players.

Also i think that the step manufacturing system proposed in the general chat whould be a good point as a complement to this changes, but this step system will fix nothing if resource limit, price system and exp system is not fixed.

Exp system and economy system are very related, and boths should be adjusted.

Thas my 4 cents (2 + 2 :-)

Well done. I reckon this will follow the path of votd's graveyard.

Nonono! That's no good. The only question i had was if it was meant to be like this, or if the devs would like making the higher level items also profitable.

The VOTD graveyard only lost its flowers because it's so near to Molgor's storage. Less people = Less lag. And they wern't even taken out, just moved around the map.

Making resources limited wouldn't fix anything, if you ask me, only make things more tedious. :X

NPCs only being able to sell what they're sold wouldn't cause much good, either. Everyone would either start using food, instead of feasting potions, thus causing further tedium. Buy from players? With no NPC to control the price, it'll go up. Thus causing either more people to take up potion making, making current potion makers lose what profits they have left to gain, or manufacturing of anything becoming unprofitable. And then we're back to flowers again.

Higher feasting potion costs would also be likely to increase raw meat prices, driving summoners who havn't been doing alchemy non-stop for 6 months, further into the ground. :X

I can't fathom for anything else, as potions and summoning are all I've ever really done.

I'm just a Gnome!

a user should gain more experience in the first times of a task that when he has repeated the same task 10000 times.

What experience gains you by walking every day?, but a 12 month baby gain a lot of experience from his first steps, and keep gaining experience until he firmly walk, but no new experience or only a little after that.

thus if level 24 of a skill is recomended for a task, you should gain more experience when you do this task and your level is below 24. you should gain standar experience in level 24 and you should gain little experience when your level is far up 24. a inverse relation with level is needed to affect the experience gained.

for example:

75% level = 125 % experience

100 % level = 100 % experience

125 % level = 75 % experience

What are doing this top 100 buddies making low level FE? or Leather Helms?

They should buy this low level items from low level players and make high level items to sell low level players.

Also i think that the step manufacturing system proposed in the general chat whould be a good point as a complement to this changes, but this step system will fix nothing if resource limit, price system and exp system is not fixed.

um.... no, just no. That would make the really hard levels once you pass the recommended levels of the last items (i.e. harvesting, alchmey) close to impossible... the exp curve makes it hard enough once you get a high level.

edit: ooh, I just noticed I'm a #beaver, #beaver be praiseth! (sorry =P)

Edited by dutchman21

Hi.

Making resources limited wouldn't fix anything, if you ask me, only make things more tedious. :X

No, only more valuable, and players shoul move and don't over explot the same resources again and again.

NPCs only being able to sell what they're sold wouldn't cause much good, either. Everyone would either start using food, instead of feasting potions, thus causing further tedium. Buy from players? With no NPC to control the price, it'll go up. Thus causing either more people to take up potion making, making current potion makers lose what profits they have left to gain, or manufacturing of anything becoming unprofitable. And then we're back to flowers again.

Why using food, make feasting potions, they will be valuable since are limited, price can go up and make them profitable.

Why NPC must control the prices?

This is part of the game, more people play, more people make things, market flows and adapts, not mantain it artificially giving unlimited resources at fixed prices.

Remember, limited resources, expoiling flowers resources won't give money, because they need to have time to grow again.

Higher feasting potion costs would also be likely to increase raw meat prices, driving summoners who havn't been doing alchemy non-stop for 6 months, further into the ground. :X

I can't fathom for anything else, as potions and summoning are all I've ever really done.

I'm just a Gnome!

Don't think only on yourself, thin on the gameplay.

All players must play and enjoy regarding their level and own choices. Low level players must have things to do to survive in the game, get profit (low), and enjoy. High level players must have other things to do, enjoy and get profit (more profit). Low level players should purchase certain items from mid or high level players, adn viceversa.

Think on it. Multinationals buy items from small bussines, and sell high technology or heavy equipment to small bussiness. People buy things from every kind of enterprise, and sell their work to every kind of enterprises (resouces and why not jobs).

it's a general clamour that economy is not good, this is a open beta, why not to give a try?

Hi.

um.... no, just no. That would make the really hard levels once you pass the recommended levels of the last items (i.e. harvesting, alchmey) close to impossible... the exp curve makes it hard enough once you get a high level.

edit: ooh, I just noticed I'm a #beaver, #beaver be praiseth! (sorry =P)

Perhaps minimun levels should be revised, or new resources could appear.

why not make harvesting gold or titanium need high level, or certain flowes or certain gems. why everyone could harvest all at 0 level?

the same could apply to every hability. or skill. Why you can alchemy almost everything with level 30? why this not happen until level 50?

also, not reaching the level doesn't mean you cannot make it, only you fail more, but when suceed you gain much more exp.

think on it.

It is quite sad that on BL bush in PL I can get more money for timeunit than on titanium or diamond (which are considered as elite harvestables). For BL its almost 5kgc/hour on titanium its 2-2,5kgc/hour. Unfair, if you ask me. Don't remove flower shops, just drop the prices for flowers (10-25% of current prices) and increase prices for high-level ores (just abit). We in our guild have done certain calculations and we realized terrible truth: the higher level ore, the less money for timeunit. This forces one to think a bit...

And make *all* flower bushes give just 1 flower/harvest, now many of them give 2 or 3.
all? why? just make the good ones further away. they're less harvested because of the distance, so they're healthier. or something. :pirate:

what you are proposing would result in: people would be forced to make FP's, not buy them from Mira-->more raw meat would be needed to make them-->raw meat price would go up -->FP prices would go up (and summoning would be harder to do) --> Mixing high level items would be near impossible to do with the hightened cost of FP's and the high cooldown of fruits and veggies --> people would be more likely to make low level items that you can actually feasibly make them --> the market would die pretty much :pirate: