Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mircea

Request for Clemency

Hi,

My kids (3 of them, the youngest of which is 4 years old and loves your game!) have been creating characters every time they forget their password or when they for some reason decide they don't like their current character. (I warned them...)

Please unban my IP and I will keep them under control.

Characters: MirceaTM, Owain1,2,3..., etc god knows how many (he's the 4yo)

SUGGESTION#1: A button at login that emails your password to you if you're on the correct IP for that player... ie no questions, if they've used that IP before just give them the password via email

SUGGESTION#2: An obvious character deletion capability would be useful. This might mitigate Character creation spamming a little.

I imagine you get *lots* of suggestions tho'....

Cheers,

Mircea

SUGGESTION#1: A button at login that emails your password to you if you're on the correct IP for that player... ie no questions, if they've used that IP before just give them the password via email
The game doesn't ask for your email address, and a large number of players have dynamic IP addresses (modem users, ADSL users)
SUGGESTION#2: An obvious character deletion capability would be useful. This might mitigate Character creation spamming a little.
#killme yes is the character deletion function, but you need to be logged in as that player to utilise it. Senior Mods can delete characters, but I doubt they would without a very good reason - anyone can claim "I forgot my password, please delete my character" but there would be no real way of knowing whether you were just saying that to get a rival player deleted so you could create a new character with the same name yourself.

This part of the post belongs in the 'suggestions' forum, not here. Mods - feel free to move it. I am not getting involved in the 'unban me' part of the post.