Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ryosuke

Possible PK Bug

ok me ziara and manhunt just tested it on test server i killed them each 3 or 4 times and only the ros was lost. my wonder is if test server hasn't been updated like regular server has and the problem is with the new update then we will not have done the testing correctly if it is updated then i donno

Both servers run the very same binary...

When it happened on the main server, was it a special day maybe?

And when did it happen for the first time?

Ok, I came and tested it on the mains erver. Got hit by the bone, died, didn't lose anything except for a rost stone...

All of you who reported problems, please list your perks.

When I did it, it was day of no grief (items can't be broken) on test server. I have MM and I Can't Dance...

Hope this helps...

EDIT But the character I killed was a newb and had no stats/perks anything created him, gave him some of my stuff and rostogal stone, and then killed him in SKF...

Edited by sbarstow

the first time i know of it happening was sunday i was fighting matteyu and two other people i pulled out bone of death and killed matteyu i never saw a bag drop but i didn't really look for one cause he had col on so i figured he had ros then he pm'd me if he dropped a bag i told him not that i saw. lord_vermor came and asked about it and said matteyu had lost items along with his ros stone and no break messages we talked about it and he suggested we post here so we did and i logged shortly after that. monday i was fighting besiktas scarr logiscom i pulled out the bone and killed besitkas he did drop a bag which i thought was weird since he had thermal serp and col on logiscom grabbed his bag and left then scarr left a few minuesd later scarr pm'd me saying he dropped his thermal in the bag and they had returned it but his col and his plate set were both gone and not in the bag. i post on here and then pm'd learner and aislinn aislinn answered me so i explained everything to her and we decided i better put the bone away till this was looked into. i have godless powerhungry and antisocial perks.

Both servers run the very same binary...

When it happened on the main server, was it a special day maybe?

And when did it happen for the first time?

On Sunday May 7, when this was reported, there was a special day:

[14:33:30] Today is a special day:

Scientists day

English: No knowledge required today (for harvest, manufacture, alchemy, etc.).

Role Playing: Umm, just read the English description, I don't feel like making a 'story' about it, it's 12 am and I have to go to work tomorrow. :P

[14:33:31] #GM from EternalBroker: * * * * * * Happy Harvest Hour * * * * * * *

[14:33:58] Lord_Vermor has logged off.

[14:34:14] Soldus has logged off.

[14:34:14] Soldus has logged on.

[14:35:17] Lord_Vermor has logged on.

[14:36:10] #Help request from Matteyu: Hi, Erm, I had a ros in my inventory, I went to underworld, lost equipment, yet Ididnt drop a bag. Help..

[14:36:13] #Help request from glennman: where is the best place to train in combat for a noob

Ok, so it happened to two people only, right?

One of them with all the negative perks.

Since we couldn't detect such a bug, we will assume there isn't any. We looked into the source code very carefully, and it is hard to believe we could have missed such a bug.

If it happens to others, report it here, with all the information, such as what perks you have and so on.

and what of the items lost, i currently am sitting on test server waiting for somebody with the bone, since matteyu may not have lost anything of value he may not care but losing plate and col is a kick in the nuts and then some..

Edited by GreenGanjaKing

Something like this happened to me and montarius on test server some time ago, i killed him (was using bod) he had no rosto he dropped bag and lost his thermal and some crap - those things were not in bag and also in his inv, we checked chat_log and he didn't break it, strange \o/.

He had then ph/anti perks.

Something like this happened to me and montarius on test server some time ago, i killed him (was using bod) he had no rosto he dropped bag and lost his thermal and some crap - those things were not in bag and also in his inv, we checked chat_log and he didn't break it, strange \o/.

He had then ph/anti perks.

Ph/anti perks?

Can you please be a little bit more specific?

When me and Xanter tested..

I had these perks: Antisocial, Power Hungry, Godless, And ICD.

We must have tested this 3-5 times, And a few I died when he hit me with the 150 damage. I didn't loose anything expect Rosto stone, which we both found to be weird.

If this needs more testing Ent, let me know. Always glad to help. :)

We must have tested this 3-5 times, And a few I died when he hit me with the 150 damage. I didn't loose anything expect Rosto stone, which we both found to be weird.

Why weird? That's the expected behaviour, no?

Why weird? That's the expected behaviour, no?

No, I just thought that I would loose items.. Going by what happened in the Main Server.

ok darkleagacy had pk contest in kf i came and brought bone of death and attacked dushan and hit the 150 damage dushan died lost col plate and some ess and his ros. i am at a loss as to why this keeps happening. this was supposed to be just a contest dushan is my friend and lost his col.

ok when i died i got two messages that im in underworld when xanter killed me with his BoD. So is it possible that i died two times , first time i lost rost and second time i lost items because rost was gone. Look at pic :

pic.jpg

EDIT: I dont have any perk btw.

Edited by Dushan

Ok, the bug was found and fixed.

We will restart the server today or tomorrow to fix it.

Ty everyone who helped!

We will restart the server today or tomorrow to fix it.

Ty everyone who helped!

Glad we got it befor anything else happened.

Always glad to help ya too. :P

Can you explain what happened that caused this strange bug? It seems like such a strange bug and I'm curious.

Can you explain what happened that caused this strange bug? It seems like such a strange bug and I'm curious.

//now there is the posibility of the target_player to be dead (by the special weapons in the previous function).

//so check to see if the target is dead, and, if so, return;

//we do the check by seeing if the target is still engaged in combat.

Instead of:

if(!players[target_player].number_of_opponents)return;//no exp given for special weapon death

it was: if(!players[actor_id].number_of_opponents)return;//no exp given for special weapon death

So instead of checking for the target, we were checking for the attacker.

It worked fine unless if the attacker was also attacked by someone...