Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PEACEOFWAR

ok, New idea for Harvesting lol :p

instead of dis-allowing Current thingy, Can we atleast Change how it works ? I am at lv 23 and 12000 exp points give or take to next one, It will take me 4-5 hours to get there, Why not as you get higher in lvs Give More Exp Per Hour allowance since The Amount needed Goes up quite alot.

Yes, but that's also assuming that you are progressing normally and un-impeded with your gaining experience. Where that fails is that in almost any typical RPG out there, you continuously gain experience and are not limited to such a degree. EL doesn't follow this "Classic" rule of RPGs seeing as the game is self-limiting by nature.

I think that as long as the Cap remains in place, the game is going to continuously slow down as the rest of the game develops. Now, obviously you can't just remove or even augment the current Cap without changing the projected figures throughout the game.

My Suggestion would be either reduce the Experience curve by a fraction, just to make up for some of the lost time or make up some of the difference by performing additional quests such as the Enno quest.

Personally, I'm for the latter. Not only would it supply a good deal of the potential Experience Lost because of the Cap without actually escalating the amount of Exp a player could earn but also would supply the game with much of the additional quests that the game has been lacking recently. Now, Obviously such a new quest should be particularly much harder then the Enno Quest, as so that it couldn’t be accomplished by any beginner with a guide or luck, such as actually venturing through a PK map to find something or get something VERY important but something a Newbie couldn’t do until a very high level, even with help.

Some people might object to this with the excuse that it’ll require them to perform a quest to advance in the game. That’s a crock for sure! It’s just an extra quest that you Could perform to achive a goal you’ll do anyway. Besides, it’s a good way to recompensate a player who focused his/her attention to different aspects of the game instead of Harvesting without supplementing the Skill itself. It’ll give a little boost to the skill without replacing the hard work required to get far.

i really dont like the exp cap thing. i can mine 120 items in less then 20 min, plus then to wait and hour whiel im still mining and not get exp. thast terrible

There is no way gaining harvest exp should be made any easier. People allready gain level 40 much faster than planned, and once you get past 38, there is no reason to work on it anymore. So, instead of making it easier, we should either make it harder :!: or get some new things to harvest, so that the top players still have something to do (apart from killing people, that is).

There are still lots of reason to get higher then level 40 harvest. The biggest reason is to lower the failure rate (with and without food)! This comes from experiance!

Update I am now at lv 30, But god only knows when It will get better lol, I really think As you get higher, You get a bigger reward for things you know the best, Like cactus and Vegs should bring about what Iron did, now your at silver ablty.. .:) lol

They need more metals because the gap between silver and gold is 8 levels and the gap of gold to titanium is 6 levels that is quite a gap from silver to gold especially when u have 15 reasoning and silver only gives you 43 exp and yes I know that is wut harvest potions are for but it is still annoying

I never noticed the metals gap since I was splitting my time between manufacturing, potion making, and making essences. I found I was making titanium bars and stockpiling them for the future long before I could manufacture anything with them.

It's the long gaps in manufacturing that bother me. between level 38 (steel 2-edged sword) and level 48 (titanium/steel short sword) is a long gap with no new items. Then the short gap to level 50 for steel chain then level 55 for titanium/steel long sword then the big gap to level 68 for titanium steel serpent sword.