Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tumaros

How Much Longer -- THE ORIGINAL -- was saved!

Yes...I managed to save the last of the ORIGINAL How Much Longer. So the good 'ol HML crew can return to OUR world :wink: :P

Ok, I am in the process of cleaning it up, but when it's done, I'll post all of the old posts and we can continue on from there.

Oh, and I'm also writing a book using the events from the original HML...Aira I know you wanted to help with parts concerning you...but Nardo, and Geelef...if you want to help, feel free to post any ideas about it that you may have. As I work on it and finalize parts, I'll post them here for your opinions.

Oh, and I'm here :) My first post on the new forums...

:):D:P Luv the Smileys

Ofcourse i want to help :) Just mail me anything you need to know about.

And btw, i think those smileys suck... But i've always liked 'normal' smileys :D

Amen to that, Gee!

By the way, Tum... if you need my help on anything, just send me a message!

:)

Great job, welcome back! T, (what took you so long :) )

Thanks for saving it, hope you’ll be able to post it soon...look forward to it.

*Funny to see the´old crew´suddenly all together again*

For all the new readers among us. "How Much Longer?" was (and is) a continuing story that started many moons ago while we where waiting (in anticipation) for the next update that was going to appear (for the first time ever there would be wildlife in Eternal Lands). It turned into one of the most read threads (and longest) in the section “Role Playingâ€. The adventures are amazing and written with the greatest joy. Each time it was (and is) for all of us a challenge how to respond on the former post and keep the story flowing.

In the meantime time has indeed moved on, and on another thread here in this section is written what has happened since "How Much Longer?" (or HML for in crowd) started here on these forums when we changed address. I thought about a title while I posted the first thread, HML the second book, HML II, but could not think of another title than the one as posted, as it is written with the same purpose.

What do you mean...IF? Of course it's gonna be huge! I'm going do divide the old one up...dunno how much one post can take...

Oh, come on... it'll be fun.

Like I said Tum. It's a big project you're taking on, and if you want I'll help you out.

All you have to do is ask!

:)

Ok...this is for Aira...this is the concept I had in mind, going off of the story you wrote, using the ideas in it, for a sort of preface, or at least the introduction to your character. It starts with Maylea (the girl that's kind of like the family assistant, the only person who treated Aira like a mother and cared about him) comes to Aira's dad and tells him that the baby was born (Aira) The father comes in and notices the eyes..."That is a sure sign of evil bla bla bla we must kill it etc." He tries and fails, and offers it to Maylea saying "this is no son of mine" (so cliche :roll: ) and then she takes care of him, over the years making him believe that his parents care, but they're just very busy, etc...short time passes, describing his growing up, "child of evil" bla bla bla, and then he flips out for some reason, not sure yet, and kills Maylea. So now, the parents truly enraged (the mother especially) they attempt to drag him off, he breaks free, fights with his mother, all the stuff you described in your background, just extended. Then all the destruction, etc, and he walks off.

Does this sound good? Do you want stuff changed? Because it's based from a thing YOU wrote, so I don't want to make you mad.

~~~~~

Another thing I need help with, that anyone can give suggestions on, is how I set the beginning up. Do I base the book around a certain character (and if so, of course it would be Aira)? I really want it to be OUR adventure, just like the original HML...but how would I introduce the characters? Here are the most prominent ideas i had...

1. Different chapters, the first few each characters story (I would definetely need your guys' help on that :wink: )

2. An extended prologue, divided into subsections with our stories (Again, I'd need help)

3. Just Aira's story is the prologue, and have the rest of our stories unfold during the whole book

Which one do you think? Or maybe something different altogether?

~~~~~

You're right, Aira...this is a pretty big project...that's the way I like it :(

I'd like to get some prologue - the seperate backgrounds of each character, but not too detailed. The most of our backgrounds are unfolded in the story. The first chapter just begins with you in the bar, and the rest showing up.

That's what I would like. But I'm not sure what the others want...

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too...a prologue with the basic histories (or whatever) and then chapter one opens up at the bar...

Ok...this is for Aira...this is the concept I had in mind, going off of the story you wrote, using the ideas in it, for a sort of preface, or at least the introduction to your character. It starts with Maylea (the girl that's kind of like the family assistant, the only person who treated Aira like a mother and cared about him) comes to Aira's dad and tells him that the baby was born (Aira) The father comes in and notices the eyes..."That is a sure sign of evil bla bla bla we must kill it etc." He tries and fails, and offers it to Maylea saying "this is no son of mine" (so cliche  :roll: ) and then she takes care of him, over the years making him believe that his parents care, but they're just very busy, etc...short time passes, describing his growing up, "child of evil" bla bla bla, and then he flips out for some reason, not sure yet, and kills Maylea. So now, the parents truly enraged (the mother especially) they attempt to drag him off, he breaks free, fights with his mother, all the stuff you described in your background, just extended. Then all the destruction, etc, and he walks off.  

Does this sound good? Do you want stuff changed? Because it's based from a thing YOU wrote, so I don't want to make you mad.

~~~~~

Another thing I need help with, that anyone can give suggestions on, is how I set the beginning up. Do I base the book around a certain character (and if so, of course it would be Aira)? I really want it to be OUR adventure, just like the original HML...but how would I introduce the characters? Here are the most prominent ideas i had...

1. Different chapters, the first few each characters story (I would definetely need your guys' help on that  :wink: )

2. An extended prologue, divided into subsections with our stories (Again, I'd need help)

3. Just Aira's story is the prologue, and have the rest of our stories unfold during the whole book

Which one do you think? Or maybe something different altogether?

~~~~~

You're right, Aira...this is a pretty big project...that's the way I like it  :)

The character sheet I wrote for my character with that story background is just a layout... but I guess you can use it if you're going to spruce it up.

Post it in a file on your website, then send me a link! :(

I'll look over it and see if it's okay... I want to know how you're writing my story before it goes public. I think you understand.

Lol.

Well, other than that, I think this is a wonderful idea. Big projects are the best, and I'm always open for help.

:(

:) Coolish

Ok...another thing that I just thought of...it's not a HUGE issue right now, but it's something to think about...

What's the title of it going to be? I mean, How Much Longer isn't much of a fantasy name, and all it has to do with the story is the first post :P

Why did I post that in roleplay anyway?

Anyway, some title ideas would be great...I can scrounge up a list and then weed through for the most fitting. Again, this doesn't have to be right away, but sooner or later it'll be important.

Thanks for all the offers to help, guys! I really appreciate it! :D

~~~~~

Ok, after a bit of thinking...am I wrong or are we all elves? Because, if each character is at least elf or half elf...then the title could be the Elven Adventures, Quest, Chronicles, Trilogy, whatever...something based around the race...of course that's just one concept.

~~~~~

Hrm...I think i'll have a sort of journal, where I write everything based around this story...concepts, sections to build around, etc...and then when I have a page, copy it to a post here...whattya think?

Journal Entry: 12/7

Page 1

~~CONCEPTS~~

12/7/03

-Story setup...starts with prologue, then divided into parts, then into short chapters.

*Prologue

*Part 1-The Beginning

*Chp. titles:

1. Happy Spirits Tavern and Inn

2. Aira's Ruby

3. Aira's Past

4. Geelef

5. Preparations

6. Embarkation

7. Nardo

8. Tumaros

Chapter outlines

1. Tum cleaning up tavern (describe tavern) watching Nardo who is acting oddly...Aira enters, gets a drink, Nardo comes up to inspect (subtle), Tumaros taken by Aira's ruby but doesn't mention anything yet

2. Tum finally asks Aira to meet him in his room and bring the ruby, Aira is surged by emotions, ruby blasts entire tavern into a mess, Aira finally retrieves it and heads upstairs, Tum left cleaning up

3. While cleaning up, slayton comes in and orders a drink, talks with tum for a bit, maybe helps clean up. Finally night comes and Tum and Aira talk about Aira's past, come downstairs and gee arrives

4. Gee and Aira go into a corner or a room and talk, basically setting the stage and format for the story. At end of chp Tumaros approaches and offers to join them, and is accepted

5. Preparations, getting food, drinks, sharing skills, etc

6. Leave for the docks, closing (or renting out?) Happy Spirits, get on boat, Aira leaves ruby, retrieves and returns

7. Nardo sees Aira rushing back to the boat and follows, talks with them a bit at boat, finds out boat's departed so he joins their quest

8. Tum shares his history (about being an Aloras), explains about Monore, adding to the overall story stage. At end, Aira contemplates the adventure ahead, wondering if the others will hold out through the terrors of his homeland...

*End of Part 1

(I just did it in quote form to signify the fact that it's an entry...every time I have a new one I'll add it here)

That's brining up some memories... Great work. I'm thinking about a few names, here I go:

The Story of the Ruby (getting Aira in as a main char, his ruby being the spill in the story.)

Aira's Ruby (same)

The story of a lonely elf (reffering to Aira as the last male elf of Ihr'Ehre)

Quest for a long forgotten secret

The secret of the Ruby

I know, they suck. I'm gonna get a night's sleep to think about it.

They're not that bad, Gee! :)

Not yet :)

That is, if you don't count the old forums.

Tumaros is working on the story right now, editing it into a story. When he's finished, we'll all be able to read it, and we continue the RP (last thing isn't sure though, we might start a whole new one)

You'll like it when it comes out... It's bound to be amazingly-ish good.